• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #34: Ask Commander Vimes anything

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Do you write stories? If so, what kind?

Favourite author?

Favourite episode of star wars?

Have you ever had some trouble with services on a flight?

Do you find travelling to be amazing or troublesome?

Omg Omg are you excited for Battlefront again!? :D

Which faction of the republic/empire's designs are you favourite? Storm troopers or Clone troopers?

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Do you write stories? If so, what kind?

I have a few ideas for novels, one in particular I'm working on (sort of), which is a science fantasy type of novel. I also run my own Star Wars DnD game, for which I write all the stories, characters, settings, etc.

Favourite author?

Terry Pratchett, hands down.

Favourite episode of star wars?

Definitely Episode 6.

Have you ever had some trouble with services on a flight?

Nope, in fact I've always found them to be very friendly and helpful. Then again, I try to be polite to be them, which I think helps.

Do you find travelling to be amazing or troublesome?

A bit of both, but mostly amazing. The troublesome bits are all before and after travelling. I love flying, and I like airports and sightseeing and all that.

Omg Omg are you excited for Battlefront again!? :D

I am, although I am reservedly so, as I don't yet know how good it'll turn out. But what I really, truly want, is Republic Commando 2. But yay! MOAR STAR WARS!!

Which faction of the republic/empire's designs are you favourite? Storm troopers or Clone troopers?

Ooh, definitely clone troopers, they were sleeker and less menacing. I guess the stormtroopers were meant to be menacing, but I prefer the the clones. Particularly the Phase II Sniper helmet...

Ghost X

Your office at work has no windows and one means of escape by the sounds of it. What is your fire escape plan there if that single exit way is blocked by a toasty fire? :P.

Do you prefer your bread toasted?

Do you prefer your bread buttered?

Does your family have a coat-of-arms? What's on it?

If you could design a flag for a country you find yourself in charge of, what would be on it?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Describe a nightmare you had as a child (if you can remember any)?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
When did you receive your promotion to Commander?

Seriously, I was just thinking the other day, "haven't seen Darth around in a while". Then I saw your AKA field and felt like the massive idiot I am. :monster:

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Your office at work has no windows and one means of escape by the sounds of it. What is your fire escape plan there if that single exit way is blocked by a toasty fire? :P.

Depends on the size and nature of the fire: the fire extinguisher is right by the door, so I might be able to put it out. Otherwise I have two options: run'n'jump a smaller fire, or climb out the ceiling and down the inside of the roof.

Do you prefer your bread toasted?

Depends on the bread. Good 'ol Portuguese bread, fresh from the oven, must be eaten straight away. Older bread, or factory bread, definitely better toasted.

Do you prefer your bread buttered?

Again, depends, but on the whole(wheat) yes. See what I did there? :awesome:

Does your family have a coat-of-arms? What's on it?

Oh yes we do, it's a pretty awesome one too!

The feathers and helmet represent our ties to nobility (not quite royalty, though :P ), and the six pointed stars hint at the Hebrew ancestry. Tavares is also one the oldest surnames in Portugal, and mean "Descended of a holy man/hermit", lending further credence to the theory that we at least partially descended from Israelite people who moved through the area. Heck, even the name of the area of Portugal and Spain (the Iberian peninsula, latin Iberos, their version of Hebrew), hints at that.

We're also related to the celtic MacTavish.

If you could design a flag for a country you find yourself in charge of, what would be on it?

See my signature :P. Or else maybe a red background (I love red) with a black cross, white "plus", and a central crest, perhaps a bear or something.

Describe a nightmare you had as a child (if you can remember any)?

Hmm... Well there was one where I dreamed that my family and I had gone swimming at a public pool (I was five in both the dream and reality). We had some fun, but suddenly my Dad and sister had gone, and my Mum wanted to leave. I went to get dressed, but when I came out, my mum was just walking down the street, leaving without me. No matter how I called, she never even looked back. Terrified the living crap out of me.

And it's odd, because I had no such fear in my real life, my parents were both awesome.

When did you receive your promotion to Commander?

Seriously, I was just thinking the other day, "haven't seen Darth around in a while". Then I saw your AKA field and felt like the massive idiot I am. :monster:

I laughed more at this than I should have, I'm sorry :D

Also, it was about a week after Sir Pratchett died.

If you were a member of one of the big houses/families in Game of Thrones, which would you be and why?

If you met an identical copy of yourself, how would you interact with yourself? Let us assume here that the origin of this copy is revealed and of no importance.

On a scale of Infinity to Ten Infinities, how deep is the love of Shadarth?

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
If you were a member of one of the big houses/families in Game of Thrones, which would you be and why?

I haven't a clue, having never read the books, nor watched the show. So, a House known for... practical honour, not lawful stupid, but not scheming or conniving.

If you met an identical copy of yourself, how would you interact with yourself? Let us assume here that the origin of this copy is revealed and of no importance.

First, I'd try to talk with/observe myself in daily life, so as to see how I could improve myself. Secondly, I'd have him sing harmony and help me out with composing, so I can hear both lines of music that are in my head without having to first record everything.

On a scale of Infinity to Ten Infinities, how deep is the love of Shadarth?

The love of Shadarth transcends mere Infinite scales, reaching into an entirely new plane of existence simply to find a means of measuring itself.

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Hey Darth!

Ok first question, the Mako? Why?

Hi Carlie!

Because I find it fun! It kind of breaks physics, with it's near vertical climbing ability and all, and it's a crap ton of fun to trap a geth armature under it, and then hop out and take it down on foot for better xp :D

Plus it jet-bounces. I like that.

Last edited:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Your wife is taken by Darth Vader and he offers an ultimatum for a holocron on the Jedi temple or else she will be sent to Tatooine, you decide 'Fuck that!' and decide to storm Mustafar (yes, the best place for a final boss battle) to combat Darth Vader and 2 Inquisitors/apprentice Siths you must be accompanied by 6 TLS badasses with you to destroy a fleet of the 501st and their epic vehicles, who do you take and why?

Of the Avengers, who do you feel contributes the most to the team?

Do you watch Vikings?

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Your wife is taken by Darth Vader and he offers an ultimatum for a holocron on the Jedi temple or else she will be sent to Tatooine, you decide 'Fuck that!' and decide to storm Mustafar (yes, the best place for a final boss battle) to combat Darth Vader and 2 Inquisitors/apprentice Siths you must be accompanied by 6 TLS badasses with you to destroy a fleet of the 501st and their epic vehicles, who do you take and why?

Ooh okay... Well firstly you, since you're my main Star Wars man. Who better to help me take 'em down than a man who knows them so well?

So 5 more. Lex, because he'd make a kick-ass medic/biological warfare guy. Alex Strife as our vehicular expert. Carlie 'cause I can kinda see her as a Force-witch. Ami 'cause I'm pretty sure she can handle herself in a fight, and would probably be a good heavy gunner. And Shademp 'cause he has an eye for detail that I think would help a lot with planning and strategy.

Of the Avengers, who do you feel contributes the most to the team?

I don't actually know them that well, to be honest. I mean, I know who they are and all, but I've only seen the one movie and a few episodes of the cartoon, never read any comics or anything. But I'd probably say Iron Man :awesome: because he contributes both brain and brawn, he's epically funny, and I just like the character :D.

Do you watch Vikings?

No, no I do not. I actually watch very little, as we have no TV, so whatever I want to watch I have to first...acquire. And also no netflix/similar in South Africa without complicated routing stuff which I could do, but cba.

Do you hold any religious beliefs?

Where do you stand on topics of the supernatural, such as ghosts? Do you think ghosts exist?

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Star Wars love continues!

Okay! We saved Airling! yay! Now we have a thousand storm troopers and Darth Vader still against us! There's a beacon to activate rebel forces the size of the 501st fleet currently in Mustafar and there's a series of panels to reactivate the Droid facility to spawn infinite droids programmed to your command, you can only activate one of these given the panic and distress of the situation but there could be a trick to secure both. How would you proceed? We have 16 minutes to decide before the 501 and Vader overruns us! :D

Favourite vacation spot in the Star Wars universe?

Which species do you feel you will befriend other than humans in the star wars worlds?

Which era did you enjoy the most? Galactic Civil Wars or Clone Wars?

If you would have your hand in judgement, would you imprison all the clones/storm troopers post civil war for war crimes and crimes against humanity?

Do you think you would make a great jedi? :D

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Favorite ME game, character, LI. What was your reaction to ME3's ending?

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Do you hold any religious beliefs?

I do yes, and they could be best described as Messianic, although that isn't entirely accurate. For those who don't know, this is somewhat similar to Christianity, but we still keep the Old Testament feast and such. For example I don't work on a Saturday, and this week is the festival of Unleavened Bread, so I don't eat anything with yeast in it.

HOWEVER, my main personal belief, is that my beliefs are personal beliefs. My beliefs determine how I live my life, and how I judge my actions, but not how I perceive other people. All I expect from others is that they live up to what they believe. If you say you believe ABC, then I want to see you living ABC (y'know, as long as ABC isn't murderism or something :P ).

I can explain further on either point for anyone who is interested. :monster:

Where do you stand on topics of the supernatural, such as ghosts? Do you think ghosts exist?

I don't think that ghosts, i.e spirits of dead people, exist. I do, however, believe that there is more to this world than meets the eye. No, not Transformers, sorry. :D

Duke, Commander, Knight, Captain, or Sergeant?

Hmm. Well, obviously Commander :P but I guess it actually depends. What sort of army am I in?

Star Wars love continues!

STAR WARS LOVE WILL NEVER DIE! :D:D:D:D

Okay! We saved Airling! yay! Now we have a thousand storm troopers and Darth Vader still against us! There's a beacon to activate rebel forces the size of the 501st fleet currently in Mustafar and there's a series of panels to reactivate the Droid facility to spawn infinite droids programmed to your command, you can only activate one of these given the panic and distress of the situation but there could be a trick to secure both. How would you proceed? We have 16 minutes to decide before the 501 and Vader overruns us! :D

Hmm. Okay, I send Ami, Lex, Shademp, and Carlie to hold a choke point where they can slow down the enemy forces, giving us more time to move. You and Alex would vehicle up and head for the beacon. I'd solo run for the droid factory, as I wouldn't want to put anyone else in that kind of danger. As soon as either one of the support teams is successful, those troops will immediately flank around the chokepoint, giving even better chances that the second support team will make it. This, I think, give the best chance that everyone will survive.

Favourite vacation spot in the Star Wars universe?

Definitely NOT Tatooine. I'd say probably Dantooine, it's peaceful, mostly, and beautiful.

Which species do you feel you will befriend other than humans in the star wars worlds?

Based on numbers alone, probably Twilek, but if it's up to me I'd like the Iridonian/Zabrak peoples.

Which era did you enjoy the most? Galactic Civil Wars or Clone Wars?

I like the Clone Wars, to be honest. They had better uniforms, and the war itself was a bit cleaner.

If you would have your hand in judgement, would you imprison all the clones/storm troopers post civil war for war crimes and crimes against humanity?

No. The clones had very little choice in the matter, as they were bred for obedience. The stormtroopers were as much in fear as the people they intimidated. There will surely be cases of individual people who did things out of greed or spite or maliciousness, but many just didn't want to die.

Do you think you would make a great jedi? :D

Depends on how exactly you mean. I think I'd be a pretty decent fighter, and a good Force-user, so if that's what you mean, then yes, I think I'd be pretty good. But if you mean simply as Jedi, i.e. part of the council, pure light side, then no. I'm definitely a grey jedi. I fight for good, for justice, but I won't just sit around and watch while innocent people die. I will fight for them, if I can.

Favorite ME game, character, LI. What was your reaction to ME3's ending?

Game: that is a tough one. For gameplay, 2 and 3 are the best. for story though... probably 2, on balance.

Character: obviously Shepard! :P Okay but seriously... Holy shit that's tough. I love most of the squad members, and quite a few other characters... But if i absolutely have to pick, I'd say ... a four-way tie between Anderson, Mordin,
Joker, and Tali. But all of them only beat out the rest by a tiny margin.

Love interest: I only played femShep once, and went with Garrus, so there's not much choice there. But I've played MShep a few times, and so far my favourite is absolutely Tali. I've not yet managed Jack, though, so I still have to see, but I doubt she can beat Tali.

Ending: I never had the
extra cutscenes showing shep might be alive
because DLC. So at first I was like
:mal:
and then after I thought about it awhile I was like
hissyfit
but I calmed down. And seeing that there was that cutscene, sometime this year I think, I got a bit more hopeful.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
You played as femshep but you have never romanced Liara? You must explain this blasphemy.

Super important question, femshep or maleshep?

Have you ever played Dragon Age?

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
You played as femshep but you have never romanced Liara? You must explain this blasphemy.

Super important question, femshep or maleshep?

Have you ever played Dragon Age?

I was playing as femshep to show my wife the game (which she vastly enjoyed watching) and so she helped make most of the decisions of what we did. And she liked Garrus. And also she is (rather obviously, I'd think) straight, so she acted on that :D

Hmm... Paragon Maleshep, or Renegade Femshep. But if I absolutely have to choose only one, I'd say maleshep, just 'cause I'm a dude, I guess. I connected more with the character as male.

I played Dragon Age: Origins, but never finished it. I started it as just about every race/class/gender combo available, though. But it just never truly stuck on me.

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Favourite corporate brand?

Least favourite corporate brand?

Fav: Bioware without a doubt.

Least fav: EA. The bastards. Love what their subsidiaries do though.

Unless you mean non-gaming, as in business/financial corporate, in which case fav: KPMG, least fav: Monsanto.

Cabaret

Donator
I can't think of anything to ask you (just a symptom of me stress). Tell me something you feel I should know pls so I can stop visiting this thread and staring blankly at the quick reply box.

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
I can't think of anything to ask you (just a symptom of me stress). Tell me something you feel I should know pls so I can stop visiting this thread and staring blankly at the quick reply box.

Don't stress :cuppa:

I wish that when I said things like that it would be enough. I often jokingly tell my co-worker that I didn't give her permission to feel unwell, and then she usually replies she wishes she would obey me :D but sadly, it doesn't work that way.

Hmm. Something I feel you should know...

Oh I know - SELF-PROMOTION! :)

I am currently busy recording a song, written by me, to share on TLS, after Shad's prompting. It even has a game concept to go with it, although the game concept came after :D but I might write more songs as I think of more game stuff. Anyway. /self-promotion

I am currently busy recording a song, written by me, to share on TLS
FUCK YEEAAAUGH :headbang:

Not sure if this thread will be closed any second now, but I have one follow-up question related to religion.

How would you describe the version of God that you believe in? Not judging here at all, I'm just curious because there are so many interpretations of God and of the bible.

Top Bottom