FF Newbie Starting FF7 original

• Thread starter Deleted member 13557
  • Start date

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I'd say Meteor probably made a bigger impact, not for Sephiroth's lack of trying on Aerith though. someone make me stop

source.gif

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm just curious.

Did you save all the Huge Materia and get Bahamut ZERO?

Did you manage to find the 4 materia caves?

Did you hunt the kaiju- er, I mean Weapons?

Wondering what all you actually did and stuff. :monster:

D

Deleted member 13557

I'm just curious.

Did you save all the Huge Materia and get Bahamut ZERO?

Did you manage to find the 4 materia caves?

Did you hunt the kaiju- er, I mean Weapons?

Wondering what all you actually did and stuff. :monster:

I got all of the huge materia bar the one on the train, so no. I did have the other two Bahamut summons, however.

Nope.

I killed the diamond weapon for the ultima weapon

Think the next time I play through FF7 I'll do a completionist run with a guide.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yes, there's quite a lot for you to discover...

You didn't get to meet the strongest summon materia in existence :monster:

Oh... I just realized that means you crashed the train into Corel. LOL I'd have restarted xD I remember I reset the game mid-cutscene cause I did not want to deal with Barret fucking up his old town like that. LOL that part was hard.

I'd definitely go for a completion run with a guide cause there's a ton of content and extras in the game you have to discover. Like... Revisiting the Shinra Mansion on disc 3 and examining the library. :awesome:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I crashed the train in my original playthrough :monster: Which I still have and is the only one in which I beat Emerald and Ruby.

Words can not express how happy I am that no one spoiled that for you. One of (if not THE) biggest impact event in the game.

While it certainly is, the amount of play it gets I feel like really draws away from the twist he talked about - Cloud actually being at Nibelheim but a background trooper, and the rest of his whole story. People forget what a "wow" moment that can be.
But that's good in a way, too. It's the spoiler that people mainly talk about, so even if someone has that spoiled, the game still has at least one good punch for a new player.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Cloud's badass tossing of Sephiroth into a mako pit will always be my number 1 in my top 10 video game turn arounds in history. :monster:

It always gives me goosebumps when I see it. Someone breaking physics by sheer force of will with a sword in their chest and Sephiroth's terrified and shocked reaction. He was so shocked he didn't even let go. LOLOL he just got wrecked.

I'd hate the man who got me so beside myself with all my heart too lol

D

Deleted member 13557

Cloud's badass tossing of Sephiroth into a mako pit will always be my number 1 in my top 10 video game turn arounds in history. :monster:

It always gives me goosebumps when I see it. Someone breaking physics by sheer force of will with a sword in their chest and Sephiroth's terrified and shocked reaction. He was so shocked he didn't even let go. LOLOL he just got wrecked.

I'd hate the man who got me so beside myself with all my heart too lol

Yeah, how did Cloud even survive that? He was stabbed and lifted into the air. Jenova cell stuff?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Cloud didn't have Jenova cells when that happened.

Cloud survived it because he's badass. He didn't fail SOLDIER because he wasn't strong or not made of tough enough stuff. His own mental weakness and low self esteem was the problem.

When shit got real, Cloud wielded the Buster Sword with ease and impaled Sephiroth with it. And then literally UNO REVERSE'd his own impalement through sheer rage and determination.

To be fair to Sephiroth, he literally wasn't expecting some grunt off the street to interrupt his villain moment and he thought he dealt with the one dude who would try to pose a threat to his plans. He totally dropped his guard and Cloud just saw free real estate :monster:

D

Deleted member 13557

Cloud survived it because he's badass. He didn't fail SOLDIER because he wasn't strong or not made of tough enough stuff. His own mental weakness and low self esteem was the problem.

When shit got real, Cloud wielded the Buster Sword with ease and impaled Sephiroth with it. And then literally UNO REVERSE'd his own impalement through sheer rage and determination.

FF7 is the best anime

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
FFVII I will say is one of those games you get more on a second playthrough.

The inner Cloud voice segments really start to make sense when you know the truth. And it's hilarious how it's literally Cloud's repressed consciousness screaming, "BRO, NONE OF THIS SHIT MAKES SENSE!!! STOP AND THINK ABOUT THAT. HOW CAN YOU KEEP WALKING AROUND WITH THIS?!"

And Tifa be like,

FB_IMG_1556981737359.jpg

D

Deleted member 13557

I think the part of the game that confused me the most was Jenova.

Jenova birth, life and death are similar in appearance, whereas Jenova synthesis looks drastically different. And the Jenova that Sephiroth called his "mother" at Mt. Nibel looks much more humanoid. I'm assuming this Jenova was the "clamity from the skies" which damaged the planet. Who is Jenova, and where do these other "Jenova" beings come from?

I'd assume that they're beings that have been injected with Jenova cells, but if that's the case then how come Cloud or Sephiroth don't look like Jenova birth, death, etc?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
They're all part of the same creature. She's a shapeshifter. Synthesis has...more of her on account of the Reunion which is why she's bigger.

Also, the other element that's very easy to miss, it's kind of a big thing to figure out so I'll spoiler tag it just in case you plan to immediately replay and work it out, haha:
The Sephiroth you're chasing around for most of the game, IS the Jenova that broke out of the Shinra HQ. Sephiroth is controlling her, but his body's being rebuilt in that crystal at the Northern Crater and is directing her body around in his form.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I'd assume that they're beings that have been injected with Jenova cells, but if that's they case how come Cloud or Sephiroth don't look like Jenova birth, death, etc?
I think the general consensus is that they all are Jenova, but Sephiroth has essentially overridden its willpower. So the "Sephiroth" you see through most of the game is actually a Seph-shaped Jenova. The only "true" Sephiroth is the one in the North Crater, encased in materia. Although as to what proportion of each clone is human vs Jenova, I can't answer.

The reunion is another thing that I felt like I didn't completely understand. A reassembling of Jenova?
You got it.

D

Deleted member 13557

Right. All SOLDIERs, and the members of Hojo's cloning experiment (the guys in black cloaks and Cloud) were injected with Jenova's cells. So Sephiroth was summoning them all to Northern Crater (and then killed them) to reunite Jenova's cells
Oh, okay. Which is why Cloud was pretty much summomed there, I'd take it. So the Jenova cells become a part of their spirit energy?

I do apologise if I'm coming across as dense, I'm doing my best to understand :D

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]

To be fair to Sephiroth, he literally wasn't expecting some grunt off the street to interrupt his villain moment and he thought he dealt with the one dude who would try to pose a threat to his plans. He totally dropped his guard and Cloud just saw free real estate :monster:
You know, I never really thought about it until just now, but this is the pivotal moment that makes the rest of FF7 possible. Had Cloud just dropped Sephiroth (or rather, not thrown him into the mako), he never would have had time in the Lifestream, and thus would never have had the ability to exert control over Cloud's mind.

D

Deleted member 13557

You know, I never really thought about it until just now, but this is the pivotal moment that makes the rest of FF7 possible. Had Cloud just dropped Sephiroth (or rather, not thrown him into the mako), he never would have had time in the Lifestream, and thus would never have had the ability to exert control over Cloud's mind.
How does the lifestream give Sephiroth that power? I know the lifestream consists of the spirit energy of individual beings, their memories and so forth, but how does it enable Sephiroth to control Cloud?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Oh, okay. Which is why Cloud was pretty much summomed there, I'd take it. So the Jenova cells become a part of their spirit energy?

I do apologise if I'm coming across as dense, I'm doing my best to understand :D

You're not, it's a lot, lol.

Not really part of their spirit energy, no. It's just in their bodies and Jenova is able to dominate the will of anyone without a strong sense of self. This is why members for SOLDIER basically have to pass psych evals, and Cloud didn't. Because if they weren't strong enough, Jenova would take over/drive them crazy. So Hojo's cloning experiment was just sticking Jenova cells in people who were not prepared for it (and had just gone through a huge traumatic experience to boot) to see what happened.

And I don't think the Lifestream had anything to do with Sephiroth's ability to control people. He simply dominated Jenova and so could in turn use her own ability to "communicate" amongst her cells.
Back in the day, there was much debate over whether Sephiroth or Jenova was the "true" villain. i.e. was Jenova just controlling Sephiroth. Word of God has confirmed that it is Sephiroth, but more essentially, it's that Sephiroth and Jenova are effectively one entity at this point.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Pretty much it goes like this:
-Thousands of years ago, a shapeshifting alien thing crashes into the planet.
-Kills off almost all of the Cetra.
-Cetra manage to put it into stasis.
-~30 years before FF7, Jenova is discovered, mistakenly believed to be a Cetra
-Inject soldiers and fetuses with cells to try to make a Cetra-human hybrid (doesn't work obviously)
-Jenova cells make everyone who has it super-soldiers. Sephiroth especially, because he was injected with it while still in the womb. (There's a certain cave you should look for *cough*)
-Main Jenova entity still dormant throughout all this.
-Cloud and Sephiroth go to Nibelheim, Seph discovers research logs that give him false info ("I'm a Cetra")
-Superiority_Complex.exe
-Kills everyone in Nibelheim, goes to reactor to free "mother"
-Cloud throws Seph into lifestream
-Sephiroth floats through lifestream, but can't be absorbed because of his Jenova cells.
-Sits long enough in lifestream to learn the truth of everything
-Decides to use Jenova to control its cells and destroy planet, giving him the ability to absorb planet's power when it tries to fight off meteor and become a god
-Has ability to exert influence over anyone who has Jenova cells in their body (all the clones and Cloud)
-Tells all their cells to make their way to north crater (where Sephiroth is)
-Cloud essentially does the same thing, but doesn't realize he's being manipulated until it's too late

I think that mostly covers it.

Top Bottom