• Start date

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
CREATIVELY. BANKRUPT..

Ignore me I'm a bitter grump.

I’m here for the bitter grump lol

That said, I’m glad Mikey is enjoying CC and I will continue to resist opining with my well-poisoning bitterness bahaha. A story is only as good as what an audience member can get from it, so get it!

I think the DMW is a really great narrative tool, I liked having little snippets of scenes that couldn’t be otherwise integrated into the adventure plot but are nice details about the characters and their lives — won’t say anything else about it!

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
The DMW is the centerpiece of the finest bit of gameplay/story integration I've ever seen in a video game, so while I find it a bit annoying I can't be too hard on it lol.

I have plenty of misgivings with CC, but if Mikey enjoys it, that's fine with me. There's a lot to love in the game, despite my bitterness.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Aerith's church exists to catch potential suitors and save her the trouble of matchmaking. As long as she tends to the flowers, it'll rain men as long as she wants. :monster:

But yeah, enjoy the Zerith. Let it warm your heart and then crush it. This game has only begun to latch onto your feels....

Can't wait for you to feel for Sephiroth too!

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
The DMW is the centerpiece of the finest bit of gameplay/story integration I've ever seen in a video game, so while I find it a bit annoying I can't be too hard on it lol.

I have plenty of misgivings with CC, but if Mikey enjoys it, that's fine with me. There's a lot to love in the game, despite my bitterness.
Yeah, the DMW is annoying when it's just constantly interrupting you, but that one moment makes it all worth it to me.
But I think it's probably the second best bit of gameplay/story integration I've ever seen, have you seen the ending of Nier:Automata?

D

Deleted member 13557

Unfortunately I've been having some Internet issues, and I probably need to pick up a new router.

Updates might be a little scarce, sorry to say

Edit: people in my area seem to be having the same issue, so it could potentially be resolved soon, hopefully.

Edit of edit: False alarm, all sorted now lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
I'm getting motivated to pull out my PSP again and see how far I actually completed CC, I know I played through it several times because I wanted multiple of the most insane armors and weapons or something, but I don't remember if I actually ever maxed out my stats fully.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I've played through the game two or three times, once made a push at clearing all the missions, but I had to throw in the towel. There are just too many, lol. And especially once it devolves into just using Goblin Punch ad nauseum the fun is all gone.

But when you play the missions as I believe they were intended - occasional diversion or something quick on the subway - they're a lot of fun. Always nice to hear that FF7 victory fanfare, and some of the areas have some nice music (I'm partial to the desert map's music).

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Aww come on. I mean, there's only 300 missions. :awesomonster:

But seriously, there's a secret to quickly completing them.

Hug the sides of the map. You can avoid 90% of all random encounters if you tightly hug the edge of the map and avoid open space. The random encounter triggers are all flagged by Zack stepping into the open spaces of the fight areas of the map, and you can avoid those triggers by sticking to the walls, following them to the mission target.

The only problem with this is that some chests require you to not be hugging the wall or the wall zig-zags in a way that puts you in the middle of the map and hitting a flag but if you have a guide telling you which chests are which in a mission, you can know which ones hold junk and which ones you gotta suck up a battle for.

That's how I cleared missions without taking too much time :monster:

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
You can avoid 90% of all random encounters if you tightly hug the edge of the map and avoid open space.
I figured that out pretty quickly as well, but your post made me wish I were an art creator, because the image is now so vivid in my head: Zack pressing himself against the wall sweating in fear and hoping that the monster in the middle of the cave wouldn't notice him xDDD

Top Bottom