• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Zack has 2 different hairstyles

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
Old scans had Zack with his old hair in later scenes as well. This is likely why

- Was Zack's change of hair style during the game something you'd planned from the start?

Nomura: "During production some of the staff seem have been under the impression that his hair would stay the same as it was when he was a 2nd Class when he made it to 1st, so they might have been surprised at the change."
- Is Zack's change of hair style when he moves up to 1st Class a sign of a change in his mental state as well?

Nomura: Yes. Something happens which greatly changes his mind-set, and he kind of grows up a bit.
cc%20scanlation%206.jpg

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
The interview talks as if Zack changed his style as soon as he became first, but technically speaking he changed it after inheriting the Buster Sword. Perhaps they were trying to avoid spoilers about Angeal.
Yeah I think so considering he says "something happens which greatly changes his mindset" when describing the change. He avoided talking about Angeal

Last edited:

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
Zack do not have a different hairstyle, but rather different Art style was used. When a different art style is used the character models will look similar to the art style given to the 3D character modeler.

This happens everywhere. Games, Anime, 3D Movies.

Also artist changes their art styles over the years. Look at Akira Toriyama since we are talking about Dragon Ball as well.
Dragon Ball started with hairstyles more to your liking with rounder edges and smoother spikes while in Z they started to become more and more square shaped edges with less smoothness, but hard edges. More defined and straighter lines.

Akira Toriyama Art Style Evolution.png

If Akira Toriyama did draw Goku as a kid again TODAY, he would certainly not draw him how he used to draw Goku back in 1984. Same goes to Nomura, his art is different.

So my point is; The hair is not different, the art is different...

Edit: Also, I am not talking about the changes from younger Zack's hairstyle to older Zack's hairstyle change, that's a change in hairstyle to visualize Zack's growth both physically and mentally.

Edit 2: 2016??? This thread is from 2016??

Last edited:

Sutsivoiran

Pro Adventurer
AKA
AverageNoid
Zack do not have a different hairstyle, but rather different Art style was used. When a different art style is used the character models will look similar to the art style given to the 3D character modeler.

This happens everywhere. Games, Anime, 3D Movies.

Also artist changes their art styles over the years. Look at Akira Toriyama since we are talking about Dragon Ball as well.
Dragon Ball started with hairstyles more to your liking with rounder edges and smoother spikes while in Z they started to become more and more square shaped edges with less smoothness, but hard edges. More defined and straighter lines.

If Akira Toriyama did draw Goku as a kid again TODAY, he would certainly not draw him how he used to draw Goku back in 1984. Same goes to Nomura, his art is different.

So my point is; The hair is not different, the art is different...

Edit: Also, I am not talking about the changes from younger Zack's hairstyle to older Zack's hairstyle change, that's a change in hairstyle to visualize Zack's growth both physically and mentally.

Edit 2: 2016??? This thread is from 2016??
I didn't know I needed this image.

11430-9b506e2a97c360e34d4ef7d6072c7f21.jpg

Goku's up to no good.

Top Bottom