AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Final Fantasy IX FTW :reptar: It feels complete. And awesome:

And Final Fantasy X. Too bad about X-2. :O

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
As much as I hated Tidus, the ending to X-2 did make me smile. Probably because the ending to X put me into such a deep depression I didn't want to eat for 3 days..

well see I was living with this guy and he sucked and he wasn't helping and... that ending just didn't help :(

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
VI or V. I voted for VI but could go either way.

The poll links to the wrong thread. sux.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
It works fine, but when you click on the poll it's linked to another thread. It's a bug in vB probably resulting from a faulty import of the old Simple Machines forum.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I think I liked FFVIII's ending with the party and everyone having fun at the end the most.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
I think I liked FFVIII's ending with the party and everyone having fun at the end the most.

^Yeah.

Selphie and Irvine passing each other the camera, Quistis and Selphie goofing off with Zell, and them all spying on Squall and Rinoa on the balcony.

It was a satisfying ending. :)

Really loved IX's, too. Very well done. Loved the play; Zidane's got flair, hehe.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
FFIX probably had the best ending of the later-series entries I've completed, for reasons Frosty mentioned. I'd still rank FFVI and FFV above it though, though maybe if I replayed them all I'd change my opinion, since it has been about five years.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Final Fantasy IX FTW :reptar: It feels complete. And awesome:

And Final Fantasy X. Too bad about X-2. :O

^This!

IX's ending was beyond epic! Vivi's farewell letter, Garnet and Zidane at the end....

Just awesome!

X's ending was very sad but epic at the same time and i liked it very much!

Honorable mentions go to VI's ending (the way every character had his/her little moment while they were escaping Kefka's tower) and VII's (i liked the subtle way it ended).

Archer

Unknown Hero
^This!

IX's ending was beyond epic! Vivi's farewell letter, Garnet and Zidane at the end....

Just awesome!

X's ending was very sad but epic at the same time and i liked it very much!

Honorable mentions o to VI's ending (the way every character had his/her little moment while they were escaping Kefka's tower) and VII's (i liked the subtle way it endend).

Yup, IX has the best ending.

But VII has the worst.
I mean....

WHAT KIND OF CLIFFHANGER IS
THAT?!
GOD!!

I walked my ass all over the
damn planet to save it, but
in the end I don't know if
I managed to! >_>

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
I voted for FFX. It was bittersweet, conclusive, but also left a little piece of ambiguity to keep you guessing. Too bad Square had to cash-in, though.

Sheepy

Pro Adventurer
FFVIII.

It was epic and awesome, and to me it felt really complete as well. It had some lulzy parts too, and we all know that lulz equal win. :neom:

The poll links to the wrong thread. sux.
That was scary. Dx I thought I was dreaming about this thread or something when it happened. :monster:

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
Also jumping on the IX bandwagon. It was a happy ending, but I remember being just so sad that the game was over. First time I needed a kleenex for an ending to a game since Lufia II. :monster:

I'm torn between FFVIII and FFIX.

I mean, FFVIII was in my mind a terrible game. But the ending, mostly the scene with the camera at the end, makes you believe like you were close to these characters all along and that the plot was actually interesting. But then again an ending to a Final Fantasy game should not feel like you're going to a prom in an alternate-universe school environment.

So now with some thought, I prefer the FFIX ending. Despite the amount of CG being limited, the inner monologues of each character is heart warming and that feeling of everything being "complete" like somebody else said makes you connect to the entire game.
You also don't want to believe that Zidane is dead, and when it is revealed he is in fact alive you feel the reward of getting a happy ending.
But the ending is still sad because the adventure is over, so, yeah :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm gonna vote for FFVI just for the sheer length and detail it gives each character after the final battle. It was just so fucking awesome. I wish they did an ending like that again. Well..I guess FFIX's is like that in a bit but FFVI was fucking epically long and cool.

So yeah, FFVI gets the vote. :monster:

Despite FFVII being my favorite, I can't say it had a good ending. It...left so much ambiguity and was so damn sudden. It was cool but it just didn't satisfy as much as you had hoped.

Hawkeye.

Hero of the Ages says Shabz.
VIII & IX had the best endings IMO. they both wrapped up their stories incredibly well.

null.

Pro Adventurer
I like IX best, just for the shit-eating grin Zidane has on his face.

edit: OMFG someone besides me played Lufia 2?????

Last edited:

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I DID PLAY LUFIA 2! And it's one of my favorite RPG's of all time! It also has a special place in my heart, since I played it at an early age, so...

As for the ending, I'll chose VII. As much as I agree that it was a damn cliffhanger, when I finished, I simply was like "wtf?" and "this can't be". I even thought there was a different ending if you collected all the huge materia. (I was 12 at that time, and had no internet, it was back at 2000, when I played it!) but yeah, I think it was a different ending than to what we were used to, and for that it gets my vote.

null.

Pro Adventurer
Ha! No joke, I remember a variation on that. It was collect every single materia + beat the WEAPONs. Then you go to Kalm and talk to the old man, and receive Key Item - "Better Ending"
lmaoo.gif

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
VII did seem to end just a little too abruptly. They could have done a little bit better with it. I didn't think it was bad, but I wanted a little more, because back then I really thought that was the last time I'd ever see those characters. :(

I felt all melancholy, and the staff roll made me cry with all that jingly, lonely bells music.

*adds herself to the club of folks who played Lufia II*

Last edited:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Just to piss off the masses of this thread

X-2 had the best endings. Ever. Multiple endings, wtf, how can you go wrong with that?! Bad ending was even good. WORLD GO BOOM. Sad ending was epic, tragic and kept in time with the original X. Good and Perfect endings were... well.. Good and perfect. :monster:

Top Bottom