SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
Hmm. If it will "make everyone happy" then it's probably not LTD related?
That would make one of different sides happy.

It's probably not theory related either.

Maybe it's more lore related? Like an Advent Children epilogue or DOC epilogue or something from those stories included in the game?
The developers underestimate the ltd I think. I believe they think that if they give aerith and zack a happy reunion that that will make aerith fans happy, They don't truly get that many clerith fans aren't aerith fans

Last edited:

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
They don't truly get that mamy clerith fans aren't aerith fans

Maybe that's the point they're trying to make :awesome:

But I can assure you they know about the LTD. They know about everything in fact. There's real people out there getting paid to "watch the internet".

Hellenic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hellenic
Thing is... even an AC/DOC epilogue can piss a certain part of the fandom.

I really think it's impossible to please everyone.
They probably have a very different view on who they are trying to please here.

I don't think they consider crazy obsessed shipping fans as people to make happy here. They assume most people will be pleased with whatever they are planning so we can disregard those people right away.

Hellenic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hellenic
The developers underestimate the ltd I think. I believe they think that if they give aerith and zack a happy reunion that that will make aerith fans happy, They don't truly get that mamy clerith fans aren't aerith fans
They don't need to get that either to be honest. They are obviously trying to please people who do understand this game and not the crazies.

thetriplerhyme

Pro Adventurer
AKA
thetriplerhyme
They probably have a very different view on who they are trying to please here.

I don't think they consider crazy obsessed shipping fans as people to make happy here.

Hmm I have to agree with dev trying to please everyone ( including C/A) the fact that they created chapter 14 ( although it was pretty clear they also know that it will also produce a lot of obsessive fans and hence fuel LTD more. )

They tried to put most of the actions in non-verbal way that impossible for fans not to unsee but still inputting 'vagueness' and cutting it on part 3 sequel is fueling it more instead of being clear. ( SENA most of the time ) - also like to input Hamaguchi has a loads of input on Remake and Rebirth

It is pleasing everyone, pleases no one

- this i super agree they still try not to isolate C/A fans but its a lost cause in a long run because they will never be endorse as official couple. If you try to please everyone most likely ended up pleasing no one.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Maybe that's the point they're trying to make :awesome:

But I can assure you they know about the LTD. They know about everything in fact. There's real people out there getting paid to "watch the internet".
Not to mention Nomura getting death threats regularly because of crazy JP CA fans. No wonder the man has been like “IDC about Cloud’s love life”.

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
I'm pretty convinced it's an Aerith Zack reunion, that is the most glaring omission in the compilation.
This is the only thing I can think of too. If they say it’s something that will make fans happy…I can’t think of anything but that. It’s the least divisive thing any way lol.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
also like to input Hamaguchi has a loads of input on Remake and Rebirth

I'm sorry, but I really don't like what you're implying. If I've misunderstood, I apologize in advance.

These are adults with responsibilities. They don't care about their personal ship. They're there to portray the story Nojima has written. Cloud JP's voice actor (the only real Cloud, if you listen to Nomura) is a Tifa guy. Same for his motion actor. And yet they'll never refuse to play intimate moments with Aerith. They do what they're told.

Obviously the whole team wants to please the fans and give fanservice when the game allows it. But as we saw with Rebirth, even with all the fanservice in the world, the Cloud x Aerith relationship is as platonic as it gets.

So, no, there's no big internal conspiracy to push Aerith into a relationship with Cloud.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
To LunarTarotGirl, and everyone, I'm sorry I can't give you any better answers or provide deep and enlightening insights 💜 I can be quite simple sometimes and simply enjoy things in the moment. The dream date I think was kind of bitter sweet because of the end of the world, the Zack factor, and Aerith's future looming, but I still enjoy it in the moment, I enjoyed Cloud holding his hand open for Aerith to take, that he seemed annoyed he didn't get to give the gift he picked, I enjoyed eating bad candy together, making a memory, Cloud getting excited at seeing a photographer, them making goofy poses and smiles when you switch between the options, the hug, etc

These might be little moments of fanservice and nothing more, while the overarching message is different, but I appreciate them. I don't think the devs or staff would be unhappy bringing moments of simple joy to people. I don't think they wanted people to have a bad time.

I now have over 134 hours on Rebirth, I am currently working on Nibelheim World Intel, I have completed World Intel everywhere else except one relic quest in Corel. I also still have most of the side quests to do, the Queen's blood stuff, most of Gold Saucer, Johnny, beat Chapters on Hard mode, etc. Absolutely massive game, it's amazing.

I recently completed the "Absence of a Sign" quest, I enjoyed it, I also enjoyed the flowers quest in the Grasslands. I have been making Aerith quests my priority currently because she is my main and I want to get her folio/manuscripts for her upgrades so I have been doing the ones where you get extra Telluric scripture on Hard mode as well. Otherwise I do some where I don't have a weapon skill yet like Bonds of Trust weapon for Yuffie or the Weaponsmith for Barret, etc. Well I'm having a lot of fun 💜

Oh yeah I forgot to add, while exploring Nibel region my team is Cloud, Tifa, Aerith of course!

Last edited:

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer

I came across these predictions. What do you think?

Personally, I see some interesting points, but also some that I hate and find really poor.

I really hope the dev team is convinced in their own vision and don't look too much on the internet lol.
Considering the script for Part 3 is close to being done, I doubt they’ll make major tweaks anyway. Just smaller ones, depending on how development goes.

And whatever this new thing is, it’s already been decided what it’ll be. We just don’t know.

LunarTarotGirl

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lunarae
I'm a little confused at this idea anyone would sabotage the game if they are staff that this fandom seems to have.

This whole idea that any developer would push their ship when I bet you they probably don't even ship anything is something this fandom seems to believe.

But I can bet you it's not true. If it was you wouldn't have all these CT and ZA moments everywhere while also having CA moments.

Because no one is shafting any one ship. It's not shippers making this game.

We are the shippers here.

But even if, let's say, they have a ship they like. They are professionals and there are contracts. I don't know where the fandom got the idea they actually could push their ideas if they aren't approved? They get fired if they do that. Plain and simple. That's just not something that can happen. They are hired to do the job.

Also no SENA isn't responsible for translations for this game they just push scripts into actors hands and oversee products. They do QA but that also needs approval from HQ. Translation department is SEJP. And those translators can't do much without permission and following chain of command either. And even if, let's pretend, they do make a change on their own script editors would edit their script to what the creators want in the end. Because the creators have to sign off on it in the end.

Because these things are group projects and you can't just do your own thing as a staff in such a company. Especially SE where once in FFXIV one translator didn't ask for permission to change a line and had to do a public apology on the forum then the change was patched right after.

They don't play around like this fandom might think they do. There is a lot that staff can't talk about or do without approval.

So I think people can rest assured as a group project they're going with what the creators think is best and we have seen their words time and time again.

Can they change their minds and try to give multiple endings or whatever else? It's possible yet very unlikely. But if they do that it's no conspiracy it would again be their decision. And if it's a please everyone scenario probably for money more than ships honestly.

I don't think these developers even ship nor care about ships the way we do honestly.

Last edited:

SilverSisu

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Zack bro
I don't think these developers even ship nor care about ships the way we do honestly.
They don't. That's the meaning of love triangle. It's intentionally ambiguous, open ended and left for player to decide. Devs have been very straightforward with this over the years.

Devs are never going to push one love interest over the other.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
They don't. That's the meaning of love triangle. It's intentionally ambiguous, open ended and left for player to decide. Devs have been very straightforward with this over the years.

You say this, but they definitely seem to be pushing CT in Rebirth.

There’s less ambiguity in general when it comes to Retrilogy tbh, not just with the LTD.

Plus, I keep coming back to ending the story without “unresolved feelings” like Kitase said. I think they’re expecting this to be their last large-scale foray back into the world of FF7 and so they want to end it more conclusively than it has in the past.

Last edited:

LunarTarotGirl

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lunarae

I see it as it was more open ended in 1997 but then they picked a lane. They will go with whatever the story shows regardless of their preferences or thoughts. If the main scenario is CT and ZA reunion in the end that's what they'll show no matter what. I don't think they're thinking too hard.

Last edited:

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
I don't know, kind of sounds like something made up by a shipper (and not a CT). Because where's Zack in this "both girls" ending, lol?

It's just from some dude doing video essay on youtube like any other dudes.
And I see people pissed that the game is sticking to OG and want the third one ending differently. So I was just curious about the opinion here.

Personally I'm on the team simple Remake + Expanded lore + Compilation recollection

LunarTarotGirl

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lunarae
To LunarTarotGirl, and everyone, I'm sorry I can't give you any better answers or provide deep and enlightening insights 💜 I can be quite simple sometimes and simply enjoy things in the moment. The dream date I think was kind of bitter sweet because of the end of the world, the Zack factor, and Aerith's future looming, but I still enjoy it in the moment, I enjoyed Cloud holding his hand open for Aerith to take, that he seemed annoyed he didn't get to give the gift he picked, I enjoyed eating bad candy together, making a memory, Cloud getting excited at seeing a photographer, them making goofy poses and smiles when you switch between the options, the hug, etc

These might be little moments of fanservice and nothing more, while the overarching message is different, but I appreciate them. I don't think the devs or staff would be unhappy bringing moments of simple joy to people. I don't think they wanted people to have a bad time.

I now have over 134 hours on Rebirth, I am currently working on Nibelheim World Intel, I have completed World Intel everywhere else except one relic quest in Corel. I also still have most of the side quests to do, the Queen's blood stuff, most of Gold Saucer, Johnny, beat Chapters on Hard mode, etc. Absolutely massive game, it's amazing.

I recently completed the "Absence of a Sign" quest, I enjoyed it, I also enjoyed the flowers quest in the Grasslands. I have been making Aerith quests my priority currently because she is my main and I want to get her folio/manuscripts for her upgrades so I have been doing the ones where you get extra Telluric scripture on Hard mode as well. Otherwise I do some where I don't have a weapon skill yet like Bonds of Trust weapon for Yuffie or the Weaponsmith for Barret, etc. Well I'm having a lot of fun 💜

Oh yeah I forgot to add, while exploring Nibel region my team is Cloud, Tifa, Aerith of course!
I think you have an amazing approach to enjoyment. And honestly it really is more simple than we make it. Creators make things so we can enjoy them. They're definitely not thinking as hard as we are about certain things. Nor they want to ruin anyone's experience. Like I think their main concern is fan enjoyment. Me though? I'm an overthinker and overanalyzer by default. I don't know how I feel about things by experiencing them I need to analyze and think about it then think about some more and discuss it with others to see what they think too. I always wonder why things are done certain ways which may come across as critical but it's mostly because I just want to understand things at the deepest level.

Though sometimes it is definitely back to just sit back and enjoy things like you do in the moment. And you're right even if fanservice fanservice still has purpose. It's purpose is to make us smile. I will try to think less and enjoy more as I finish everything in this game. I do quite enjoy it. ^^

Last edited:

SilverSisu

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Zack bro
I see it as at was open ended in 1997 but then they picked a lane. They will go with whatever the story shows regardless of their preferences or thoughts. If the main scenario is CT and ZA reunion in the end that's what they'll show no matter what. I don't think they're thinking too hard.
Nah. They haven't picked a lane. The only thing that has changed is that we have now two love triangles.

1. Cloud, Aerith, Tifa
2. Cloud, Aerith, Zack

And maybe there will be a third one. If you have seen Yuffie's gold saucer date she openly admits that she had a huge crush on Zack and wishes to meet him again.

I don't think it will happen but knowing SE with their history of crafting love triangles that wouldn't surprise me. To be honest if that were to happen it would be pretty creepy due to their age difference.

Top Bottom