SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Reaper3Delta

Pro Adventurer
If you mean "as in the OG", then such cycle doesn't exist, at least in the Remake trilogy, except in Rebirth (because she lost her memories of the future); to me the OG simply does not exist in the Remake scope. And I wouldn't be surprised if LS!Aerith sent her younger self all this knowledge (maybe they will hint at it, but I'm not sure). So I am excluding the OG timeline, as Re-trilogy's timeline is supposed to replace it.

You have to imagine that "our" Aerith became "CoLW!Aerith", then the events in Rebirth happened, and she decided to place herself right before dying again, so she'd gain more power and knowledge as her human body dies, in order to face Sephiroth (whom she is scared of in CoLW; she actually hid in her world). In order to drumrolls actually change the future (and thus, AC/C could happen).

LOL people who think AC/C is going to get retconned absolutely do not understand its importance to the devs and to the Compilation. I mean, I get it, if I could, the plot would be vastly different, Cloud wouldn't be such an emo prick, it would be better written...

But AC/C is going nowhere. Worst, the devs have repeatedly said that the Remake trilogy would lead right into it!

And what people don't understand is that Cloud going back to AC is exactly what's going to be written. We're going to have hints about it. Do I hate it? YES. But I'm not blind, nor deaf, and when the devs talk, I have heard them say since the beginning "we're remaking the OG, expanding on it, tying the Compilation to the story, but it's the same story", and it's something some fans have been refusing from the start. Yet here we are at the end of part 2, right after Aerith's death, still following the OG.

What's the point? Discovering the story from another angle, with high definition graphics, updated battle system, more of the world than we could imagine... I mean, are we gamers or not???
I would not be surprised if SE announces an AC Remake movie just to tie-in the Remake trilogy events + compilation to the AC movie. Can someone confirm? , i read somewhere that AC's emo Cloud was based on Kingdom Hearts Cloud and not on real Cloud.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Derailing slightly, Cloud's mocap actor and Tifa's mocap actor both mentioned dancing at about the same time, with Cloud's talking about doing a test shoot. Speculation is now that there might be a CT dance of some sort in part 3.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I would not be surprised if SE announces an AC Remake movie just to tie-in the Remake trilogy events + compilation to the AC movie. Can someone confirm? , i read somewhere that AC's emo Cloud was based on Kingdom Hearts Cloud and not on real Cloud.

I don’t think AC Cloud was based on KH. Nojima has been pretty consistent that in his view, AC Cloud is a natural progression from OG Real Cloud. Both AC and KH2 versions are probably supposed to be Real Cloud. KH1 Cloud is… probably Real Cloud even though he dresses like Vincent and flips his hair like Rufus.

As far as the movie goes… I doubt AC itself will ever get changed to match anything. If anything it’s the other way around, with ReTrilogy we’re seeing OG get Compilationized. Best we can probably hope for is a visual retelling of OTWTAS.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
So you don't think there's any version of 'remake Aerith' for lack of a better term that isn't also carrying around Lifestream Aerith? Fascinating, if a bit paradoxical, but then again so's the Lifestream a bit.
Yeah basically I think it's a loop: Aerith gets those future memories from herself (CoLW or "our" dead Aerith). When she dies she realises it's herself who sent those memories and so, does it again because she needs that knowledge, even though she also knows it's going to be taken away; it's still necessary for Remake and Rebirth to happen the way they do.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Seeing the Ever Crisis app icon today of Cloud and Zack with Zack more to the front and Cloud slightly behind is really starting to drive it home that they might be making Zack just as much a part of Reverse and things over all as Cloud. This might tick off hard-core OG purists, Cloud fanatics, and some extreme CAs but I suppose everyone else will be feasting.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Seeing the Ever Crisis app icon today of Cloud and Zack with Zack more to the front and Cloud slightly behind is really starting to drive it home that they might be making Zack just as much a part of Reverse and things over all as Cloud. This might tick off hard-core OG purists, Cloud fanatics, and some extreme CAs but I suppose everyone else will be feasting.
The app icon changed? What does it look like now?

Anyway, more of a role for Zack is always good in my book. I certainly would be feasting.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
In uh, other news, this has been getting pilloried recently. A Clerith offers a "ceasefire" in the idea of proposing that CT stop shipping Tifa with Cloud and with Barret instead.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cloudxaerith/comments/1ew2wyh
How the hell this would lead to a ceasefire is beyond me. I might think it would be a troll, but then again, Poe's law.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
In uh, other news, this has been getting pilloried recently. A Clerith offers a "ceasefire" in the idea of proposing that CT stop shipping Tifa with Cloud and with Barret instead.

How the hell this would lead to a ceasefire is beyond me. I might think it would be a troll, but then again, Poe's law.
That's hilarious.

"Hey, all this fighting over ships is lame. Could you just give up so we can stop fighting?"

Shadowstorm

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yen
Amazing how shipping Aerith with one of her actual canon love interests isn't a viable ceasefire option but shipping Tifa with a guy 15 years her senior that she met when she was a minor is.

I for one would love for us to stop fighting and just enjoy the existing ships but alas.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
That's hilarious.

"Hey, all this fighting over ships is lame. Could you just give up so we can stop fighting?"
I'm sad we're being 'attacked'. Do you think it would help if I say they should give up?

Amazing how shipping Aerith with one of her actual canon love interests isn't a viable ceasefire option but shipping Tifa with a guy 15 years her senior that she met when she was a minor is.
Not just one of her canon love interests, the canon love interest that explicitly, textually jump starts her attraction to Cloud because of how similar she thinks the two are.

I for one would love for us to stop fighting and just enjoy the existing ships but alas.
Don't forget the worry that CT are going to use the grand influence they have over the devs to... change the story by keeping it the same as the OG story?

This is probably one of the most stupid things I've read re: this LTD, and I've read quite a stupid bunch of things! I'm amazed truly.

This poster has also gotten in a tizzy about how the publicly visible CA subreddit was 'infiltrated' because CTs found and reacted to her (Gonna guess it's a her) nonsense elsewhere.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Don't forget the worry that CT are going to use the grand influence they have over the devs to... change the story by keeping it the same as the OG story?
"Man, they're going in the same exact direction... what is the point if there are no changes?"

Also: "Man, I hope the devs don't change the story to CT."

Really makes you think.

Once again, if the OG was CA endgame then why do you want it to change if you believe they reunite in the Lifestream? I think most of them know it isn't but they've allowed their headcanons to override the truth.

At the end of the day, it's a double-standard. The same people that want Aerith alive would throw stones if Zack was also brought back. I would love to ask them how they'd feel if "Aerith and Zack end up alive now... but are together. Do you still want her alive in this scenario?"

This poster has also gotten in a tizzy about how the publicly visible CA subreddit was 'infiltrated' because CTs found and reacted to her (Gonna guess it's a her) nonsense elsewhere.

So basically the ceasefire suggestion was given to a bunch of people that are already on their side. Okay then....

Last edited:

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
The same people that want Aerith alive would throw stones if Zack was also brought back. I would love to ask them how they'd feel if "Aerith and Zack end up alive now... but are together. Do you still want her alive in this scenario?"
I'd take it. :desu: (I'm selfish for happy endings, okay! Don't judge me, lol.)

You know, even if CT wasn't canon, it's not as if CTs would just stop shipping them because someone asks?? Otherwise, CAs would've already done that too with their ship??

This is like those people who propose an end to the "LTD" and then offer Yuffie as Cloud's love interest.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
"Man, they're going in the same exact direction... what is the point if there are no changes?"

Also: "Man, I hope the devs don't change the story to CT."

Really makes you think.

Once again, if the OG was CA endgame then why do you want it to change if you believe they reunite in the Lifestream? I think most of them know it isn't but they've allowed their headcanons to override the truth.

At the end of the day, it's a double-standard. The same people that want Aerith alive would throw stones if Zack was also brought back. I would love to ask them how they'd feel if "Aerith and Zack end up alive now... but are together. Do you still want her alive in this scenario?"

So basically the ceasefire suggestion was given to a bunch of people that are already on their side. Okay then....

I mean, it was broached as a "Do you think they'll accept a ceasefire if" but yes, it was done in the CA subreddit, and the amount of vitriol and mudslinging is amazing.
It's fascinating to compare the behaviors of the CA in their 'private' spot on reddit verse the same for the CTs

You know, even if CT wasn't canon, it's not as if CTs would just stop shipping them because someone asks?? Otherwise, CAs would've already done that too with their ship??
It's almost like the fight exists because of a disagreement over the course of the canon narrative, not about shipping preferences.

This is like those people who propose an end to the "LTD" and then offer Yuffie as Cloud's love interest.
At least both sides would be miserable then.

It's also funny just how much shit slinging about Cloud there is in that subreddit. Like, pretending that they aren't just saying "I don't know why they want Tifa to get with Cloud's codependant ass" as a reason to split C and T apart, why do those people want Aerith to wind up with him if that's what they think about Cloud?

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
It's almost like the fight exists because of a disagreement over the course of the canon narrative, not about shipping preferences.
Yeah, it's kind of amazing that all non-canon shippers who argue for the canonicity of their ship just don't seem to get that?

It's also funny just how much shit slinging about Cloud there is in that subreddit. Like, pretending that they aren't just saying "I don't know why they want Tifa to get with Cloud's codependant ass" as a reason to split C and T apart, why do those people want Aerith to wind up with him if that's what they think about Cloud?
I think the funniest comment I saw there was this:

Next Aerith and Zack have this pseudo meeting where they discuss what happened but in the end Aerith explains to Zack that she has moved on from him (just as she said) and that she ultimately loves Cloud.

Like, the devs didn't need to bring a dead ex-boyfriend back to life -- or whatever Zack is -- just to have him get rejected? That entire subreddit just makes me wonder what game they played, if they played it at all, and if they understand anything about storytelling?

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I mean, it was broached as a "Do you think they'll accept a ceasefire if" but yes, it was done in the CA subreddit, and the amount of vitriol and mudslinging is amazing.
It's fascinating to compare the behaviors of the CA in their 'private' spot on reddit verse the same for the CTs
Hmm... I don't think they thought this through. Aerith literally has Zack, and they wouldn't still give up so what makes them think CT fans would.
Yeah, that's the part that always gets me. Saying stuff like "Cloud is just using Tifa out of jealousy" makes me so confused. If Cloud is the type of person who would behave this way, then why would you even want Aerith for him?

Moreover, they love to say Zack was a womanizing cheater... but Cloud kissing Tifa when they believe he loves Aerith is a-okay.

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
For just one example, Barret was shown to be one of the most concerned over Tifa and her fall into the mako reactor, while Cloud was sitting down away from it all. Likely due to guilt. But still odd considering he didn't know if his friend was alive or dead.
I am sorry for quoting a person who can't respond here but I'm just. I'm dead.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yeah, it's kind of amazing that all non-canon shippers who argue for the canonicity of their ship just don't seem to get that?

I think the funniest comment I saw there was this:

"Next Aerith and Zack have this pseudo meeting where they discuss what happened but in the end Aerith explains to Zack that she has moved on from him (just as she said) and that she ultimately loves Cloud."

Like, the devs didn't need to bring a dead ex-boyfriend back to life -- or whatever Zack is -- just to have him get rejected? That entire subreddit just makes me wonder what game they played, if they played it at all, and if they understand anything about storytelling?
Are they saying this happened in Rebirth? Because... that's Maiden. They're quoting Maiden again. You know, the one where Aerith is envious of Tifa getting to live together with Cloud etc.

I am sorry for quoting a person who can't respond here but I'm just. I'm dead.
Gee, it's almost like Cloud fell into catatonia at the thought of losing Tifa. Also, did they miss Cloud screaming "TIFAAAAAAAAAAA" at the top of his lungs?

Top Bottom