Captain America: TFA, TWS, & Civil War

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
So I finally just saw the first Captain America movie last night. It was kind of cheeseball, but at the same time it was still kind of fun. Dare I even venture to say I thought it was kind of cute? :monster:

So I'm looking forward to this new one now. :)

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I thought it was the second best Phase One pre The Avengers, best one being Iron Man.

I thought it was the second best Phase One pre The Avengers, best one being Iron Man.
Same. It could have easily been too cheeseball, but Evans performance sold it to my completely. He's so genuine. I think the fact that half the movie he's skinny Rogers helped out alot.

Ain't no gettin' off that Marvel hype train.
416.png

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Falcon is an amazing character here! Please don't kill him off Marvel! The buddy cop duo between him and Rogers are possible selling points for Cap 3 as I wanna see Black Widow on her own film now.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
You should have thought of that before he was cast as Black. :awesomonster:

No, I kid. I don't see them doing that. Falcon is an awesome character in the comics and looking to be here as well.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I just enjoyed the chemistry between him and Rogers running around Washington and Falcon going "DONT SAY IT! COME ON! LOL". Kinda cool discussing war stories and shit as its like a bromance in development that's similar to Stark and Banner. Damn Marvel if they kill him off -__- or exclude him in Ultron's bid for World Conquest. (Then again not quite cos of the large scale of characters in it.)

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

This totally came on my TV last night. :monster:

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
I just watched the Winter Soldier (TWS) today and

I went beyond my expectations, IT WAS DAMN GOOD. Seriously, I'm still trying to critique the film but I gonna say that it's definitely the best sequel movie in the MCU and probably even better than the Avengers. I think it's incomparable in Iron Man I and CATFA but it's definitely at the top of the list.

TFA is the cheesy superhero flick with the world being black and white, the classy formula, TWS is a completely different environment with lots of gray areas. Some people are sad they didn't poke fun at Steve + modern technology, but I like the decision to show the story of a man whose entire life was displaced and it was pretty engaging.

Action-wise it's on par with the Avengers and there's really good rapports in the film. Some might feel there's too many characters but for a solo title movie there's good development for Sam, Nick Fury and especially, Natasha, and they play significant roles that makes the Howling Commandos look like a cameo.

This film impacts the MCU in a different way than the others. I don't want to spoil but things are not going to be the same. I say the only weakness of the film is some convenient plot devices that lacks explanation but given the suspension of disbelief in the MCU we can let them pass.

Watch it. *two thumbs up*

Edit: It's currently 94% in Rotten Tomatoes, it will go lower but that's a good rating.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
This film impacts the MCU in a different way than the others. I don't want to spoil but things are not going to be the same.

I remember them saying this would be the case. Super excited to find out what the meaning of that is. :monster:
I dodged most of the promo stuff after the first trailer, too. Want to go in knowing as little as possible. I actually challenged myself not to watch any trailers for Avengers 2 whatsover. Let's see if I can avoid the temptation of the hype. :P

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
Watched CA:TWS last Wednesday, and yes, I can gladly say that I enjoyed this movie as much as the first one. If any downside, I did miss Joe Johnston's direction; the sequel lacked his sharp popcorn humor, which I always enjoyed.

Wondering who the next villain should be in the third film... maybe Nuke?

Ddnuke.png

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
It may be out here early, but I haven't been able to see it yet. Hopefully tomorrow! :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Just came back from the cinema and holy crap, this was exceptionally good.

Like, I enjoyed all the MCU movies so far, but this was definitely Avengers-tiers of awesome. A very different movie too, being more of an espionage action thriller. Exciting story; really, really good action choreography.

Can't wait to see where the MCU goes from here.

Especially in regards to Agents of SHIELD. Like. How even...?

Also, Cap's list of things he needs to catch up on apparently differs from country to country!

Last edited:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
The movie currently has a 93% on Rotten Tomatoes.

I read the plot and all I can say right now is
HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
I just wanna gush again on the movie it's still fresh in my head. I just love how its almost like a complete 360 degrees turn in tone yet its a very effective sequel. You remember the colorful 1940's painting-ish end credits of CATFA? In TWS the end credits becomes monochromatic and it damn fits.

Also, lots of awesome shield throwing this time

Oh Americans still haven't seen the movie!? Such irony
tumblr_inline_n3cvkd5Gox1r1am60.jpg

Also to those who have seen the movie

Peggy's scene is really painful;_; and I love the Bucky with shield parts its a nice reference to his term as Cap

Last edited:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
I just got back from seeing this and holy amazeballs, it was fantastic!

First of all, Nick Fury doesn't die. Not only is he Samuel L Jackson, but he is NICK FUCKING FURY, FUCKERS. You really have to love how most of the people in my screen were truly taken into it. Yes, it was a magnificent scene, but this is Marvel. If they brought Coulson back from the dead, then there's no way Fury's going anywhere soon. Well, unless we mean he's off to Europe like the end of the film.

Also, I loved the list. Especially 1966 and Sherlock. :awesome:

Cap, Black Widow and Falcon are an awesome team, it really has to be said. The chemistry between Steve and Natasha was just pure brilliance, I'm quite genuinely shocked they didn't kiss for real (see the distraction kiss) and/or didn't get together in the end, but then with the fallout of everything, it's understandable.

And my dad ALMOST left at the end. But. I was like, "THIS IS A FUCKING MARVEL FILM, YOU DO NOT WALK AWAY FROM A MARVEL FILM BECAUSE THERE'S ALWAYS A SCENE AT THE END NOWADAYS." So, we saw Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch for the first time, it had to be said that I squee'd like a proper fangirl. Most of the people pissed me off because they had no idea what was going on and it has to be said: I was surrounded by idiots.

The cheek in tongue was just too much to handle. I was pissing myself laughing a lot.

And Loki's staff was there? Oooher.

Also, Sebastian Stan was brilliant as The Winter Soldier. I don't think he had enough time to really shine, but whenever he did, he stole the scenes. Is there going to be a film about him?

This is definitely one of the stronger Avenger films, if not THE strongest. Now to see how this is really going to affect Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and roll on until Age of Ultron!

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
And my dad ALMOST left at the end. But. I was like, "THIS IS A FUCKING MARVEL FILM, YOU DO NOT WALK AWAY FROM A MARVEL FILM BECAUSE THERE'S ALWAYS A SCENE AT THE END NOWADAYS."

Did you catch the second bonus scene too? Because when I watched Thor TDW, some people left after the mid-credits scene thinking that was it. The people at the Cap2 screening were more savvy though. :awesome:

Anyway, I'm glad they already decided to move ahead with Cap 3 with the same team of directors/writers behind it. This gun' be good.

I have faith in Joss Whedon for AoU but now he needs to not only top his first Avengers film, but this too.

Top Bottom