• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
So we're probably gonna see subtle details like waves of light traveling across character's skins when they're granted heals or buffs? Neato.

Can't really imagine where else this notion might go though. But its a talking point!

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I like that there's a lot of thought being put into the world's internal function and consistencies, such that things aren't just there for fancy effect, but that there's a logic and functional purpose behind them.

This is especially exciting because of the implications that it has for the MOTHER FUCKIN' HELL HOUSE!!!
2773.jpg

FULL REALISM!!!

X :neo:

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Someone else pointed this out. The phrase "Final Phase" pops up.

According to this guy, they are hiring for FINAL PHASE!

*Fireworks*

Edit: Hell House really is starting to become something of a cult meme among FF fans lately. On GameFaqs we had a very looooong discussion about it's possible life cycle.

At the rate these are coming out, I could use these all for my bestiary project.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I've commented before that I was never quite sure why the Hell House has always been held up as the example of weird FF enemies. I mean, I get that it's a silly idea, but there are so many far stranger enemies. And that it's used as this barometer of FF's supposed loss of whimsy is always strange to me.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer

A few people I'm in a VII-R watch circle with have encountered a rumor-monger that often goes by the handle of PSXotaku. He's buzzed in and out of the XV/Versus communities to spread rumors and lies, and bolster his sense of self importance. He lately pushed a few VII-R related rumors, including access to Roberto Ferrari by toting details like having spoken to his wife, despite her being a fairly publicly accessible figure through Instagram.

So this guy could be the same one, trying to draw on a legit industry worker's name to give himself credit. Very little of what he's said has made sense, such as Nomura being banished to the Osaka offices, and not having been in Tokyo in ages. That whole situation doesn't make any sense, given what we know about how the Japanese game industry tends to work.

It just makes absolutely no sense that Nomura would be in bad enough terms with SquareEnix executives that he's banished to Osaka and is reputed to be perpetually unreliable, yet he's in charge of the two largest projects the company has on the horizon.

I can't prove he's fake, but absolutely nothing he's said remotely seems likely.

Edit: https://twitter.com/Dan_Tsukasa

Oh look. His reddit is gone. His twitter is gone.

Hrmmmm

Last edited:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I find this quite hard to believe (still reading through the ResetEra thread) since the CC2 assets for the game seemed to be quite far along from what we could see. And this is a sentiment that many echoed that the company were good at doing.

Square-Enix always made it sound like it just wasn't 'polished' enough for their taste, not that it was lagging behind and dragging the project back in its development.

So yeah, not buying it.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I find this quite hard to believe (still reading through the ResetEra thread) since the CC2 assets for the game seemed to be quite far along from what we could see. And this is a sentiment that many echoed that the company were good at doing.

Square-Enix always made it sound like it just wasn't 'polished' enough for their taste, not that it was lagging behind and dragging the project back in its development.

So yeah, not buying it.

I'd have to dig up the news, which I only know through another person sharing it, but it sounds like it was a distance and communication thing. Nomura was talking about how difficult it was to communicate what Square wanted from CC2, and that not everything was 1:1 in results.

So CC2 might even have been doing a good job, but SquareEnix just really wants Nomura on the ground floor. In that case it'd be perfectly reasonable to end the partnership and move all the assets to Dev 1 studios.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
"I've taken over the development side of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake," Hamaguchi continued. "Up until now, development has progressed by receiving external collaboration, but from here on out, with production and quality in mind, we're shifting to our in-house organisation.

"This company decision was made wanting to control quality as well as keeping the schedule stable."

It will always be difficult to know the exact truth, but with what little we have to go on, the reiteration of 'quality' and 'controlling quality' seem to hint heavily that it wasn't just about propelling the project forward, that there was a level of quality aspect that CC2 wasn't attaining.

Who knows though. Unless CC2 ever come out and discuss this, we may never know the real truth.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
"I've taken over the development side of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake," Hamaguchi continued. "Up until now, development has progressed by receiving external collaboration, but from here on out, with production and quality in mind, we're shifting to our in-house organisation.

"This company decision was made wanting to control quality as well as keeping the schedule stable."
It will always be difficult to know the exact truth, but with what little we have to go on, the reiteration of 'quality' and 'controlling quality' seem to hint heavily that it wasn't just about propelling the project forward, that there was a level of quality aspect that CC2 wasn't attaining.

Who knows though. Unless CC2 ever come out and discuss this, we may never know the real truth.

Square could swallow CC2 in one gulp, and I'm surprised they haven't tried doing that more after that take-over spree in 00s. So I'm pretty sure CC2 wouldn't dare break any NDAs. We're never going to hear their side of the story. or at least not till decades have passed.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
As far as CC2 dragging down or being hard to communicate, I'm unsure of the former but I could see the later happening, there's almost 900km of distance between CC2 HQ (Hakata) and SE HQ (Shinjuku), if you ask me that's quite along distance to have a proper discussion on how a big project should procceded (E-mails could work but face to face talking with the team(s) seems to be more productive).

Lex

Administrator
That dude said they kept most graphical assets though, they just started the development etc. from scratch. I.e. the systems etc.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Don't forget that there was talk of Cloud and co being redesigned again since then. There might not be much left from CC2 by now.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Don't forget that there was talk of Cloud and co being redesigned again since then. There might not be much left from CC2 by now.

As far as we know, Cloud's the only one whose been redesigned, and it's not uncommon for character designs to change a lot over the course of a game. I recall a youtube documentary about Ico, and how Yorda went through six or seven different hair styles before they went with her final look.

I don't know if this was already posted?

Apparently Nomura has been giving interviews to a lot of French gaming sites, including one called Finaland
. Please anyone feel free to improve on my translation, I know my French is far from good.

GamersFlag : Un remaster HD des jeux de la Compilation of Final Fantasy VII (Before Crisis, Crisis Core et Dirge of Cerberus) aurait-il du sens selon vous pour rendre disponible tout le matériel narratif de cet univers sur une même console, comme cela a pu être fait avec les compilations de Kingdom Hearts ? Au-delà de la possibilité ou non de le faire, l'idée vous plaît-elle ?

Would an HD remaster of the games in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII make sense to you as a way of making all the narrative material of this universe available on one console, as was done with the compilation of Kingdom Hearts? Leaving aside the question of whether or not it's possible, do you like the idea?

Tetsuya Nomura : Si on parle de Final Fantasy VII Remake, qui est un titre chargé de mystère aujourd’hui, il sera différent du Final Fantasy VII original. Si on fait toute la compilation, ces jeux auront du mal à avoir un effet d’ensemble, d’entièreté (note de l’interprète : le terme employé est très vague malheureusement…). Ce sera difficile puisqu’il n’y a pas de continuité entre la compilation et le remake pour le moment.

If we're talking about the Final Fantasy Remake, which is a title laden with mystery today, it will be different from the original FFVII. If we made the whole compilation, it would be difficult to give these games continuity/coherence in their entirety (interpreter's note: the word used here is very vague unfortunately). It will be difficult since there's no continuity between the compilation and the remake for now.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
The more I hear about it, the most I really like the idea of them adapting the things that they want into a proper retelling how they want, especially with how much stuff they'll be able to add when it comes to small details and such.

X :neo:

I don't know if this was already posted?
For some reason it only got posted about in the Hopes for the remake (story/content) thread. The article slipped me by for almost a year. :monster:

EDIT: My bad, it was actually linked in this very thread. XP

I made sure to link to the coverage by novacrystallis back when I posted about the end of Final Fantasy Mobile.
What is the future of Before Crisis and its kin of elusive mobile spin-offs? Is there even a future to speak of, considering that the canon of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII is currently in limbo due to the FFVII Remake?

Square Enix certainly isn’t discarding the legacy of the Compilation even if they undo its canonicity. It is difficult to imagine that Cloud’s Advent Children costume would ever be discarded from his various cameos and crossover appearances even if the FFVII Remake declares a new continuity/timeline.
...and I proceed to talk about the Compilation's continued presence in various Final Fantasy spin-offs.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I can't prove he's fake, but absolutely nothing he's said remotely seems likely.

Hrmmmm

Dark Pixel Gaming's most recent podcast featured a follow-up discussion to their video earlier this week on Dan Tsukasa's "leaks". They basically felt that we shouldn't give his word too much credence. With businesses as large as SE having so many moving parts, his claims could be nothing more than work gossip.

ChipNoir got a brief shout out during the podcast. I know hian gets a name drop every now and then. Pixel was a guest on the show before. I see a few of ya'll randomly on different subreddits. The internet's a big place, I shouldn't see you all as often as I do.

Random Nobody

local roach
Square Enix certainly isn’t discarding the legacy of the Compilation even if they undo its canonicity. It is difficult to imagine that Cloud’s Advent Children costume would ever be discarded from his various cameos and crossover appearances even if the FFVII Remake declares a new continuity/timeline.
...................Denzel.

But on the other hand, Genesis..............

532015ccb44a81415d16f257da64a3b2.jpg

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer

Hrmmmm

Dark Pixel Gaming's most recent podcast featured a follow-up discussion to their video earlier this week on Dan Tsukasa's "leaks". They basically felt that we shouldn't give his word too much credence. With businesses as large as SE having so many moving parts, his claims could be nothing more than work gossip.

ChipNoir got a brief shout out during the podcast. I know hian gets a name drop every now and then. Pixel was a guest on the show before. I see a few of ya'll randomly on different subreddits. The internet's a big place, I shouldn't see you all as often as I do.

^_^ It's a strange feeling when you go from just being a voice among many to becoming someone in the public eye. But hey, The Lifestream probably has some of the best authorities on the subject of FF. Shademp deserves some highlight somewhere next.

Visibility is probably gonna be even bigger if I can get the hang of video editing, and get some of X-Soldier's work onto youtube to represent Lifestream in the media realm. It's been a long time since a project has been associated with our community.

Lex

Administrator

Hrmmmm

^_^ It's a strange feeling when you go from just being a voice among many to becoming someone in the public eye. But hey, The Lifestream probably has some of the best authorities on the subject of FF. Shademp deserves some highlight somewhere next.

Visibility is probably gonna be even bigger if I can get the hang of video editing, and get some of X-Soldier's work onto youtube to represent Lifestream in the media realm. It's been a long time since a project has been associated with our community.

You're more than welcome to go for this Chip.

Top Bottom