IRC stats and quotes

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Update: Ryu/Ishtar has been kind enough to submit his logs from almost the entire existence of the #tls IRC channel for statistical purposes, which gives us a much more accurate picture than my incomplete stats could. You can see the updated stats here.

Be sure to click through to the second page for more detailed and interesting stats.

It's worth noting that all bot !commands are not considered for the log file, so you don't have to worry about your "truth or drink" answers being revealed to the world :monster:

By popular demand, this thread is also open for people's favourite quotes from the channel. Don't post your own quotes, and if you think someone else might not want something to be posted, ask them first. Here's one to get us started - the one that inspired this very thread, in fact.
February 1st said:
<GoSoakYourFatHead> who wants to see a seahorse eating me out! lol

Last edited:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
yaccy's canadian btw, not american :monster:

Fangu

Great Old One
Firstly, and most importantly, the logs only cover the time when I am in the channel, so they're not completely representative.
Huh, I didn't know this. And sorry to say this, but I think it makes the statistics a little less interesting - because we have no idea what the crazy umurcans are up to when we're not in the channel. Also, that explains why I have the most written lines (yes I will use this excuse for what it is worth!) as we live in the same timezone (well 1 hour difference) and besides we do talk a lot of crap with each other, same with Yop. Maybe someone has a running server and can set up a servernick? I can volunteer for this, we have not only 1, but 2 computers at home that are constantly up. I can set that up this afternoon. You can have full access to that nick, Flint.

There's a think you forgot to mention too, and that is how you cleared the lines for doublets and stuff.

That being said, COMMENCE THE QUOTING :D

That from Soak must be the awesomest IRC quote I have seen in a long time. (And I read bash.org!) I'm at school now but I'll put in a few good ones later :D

Fangu

Great Old One
Ok so here are a few. Now I can sort of clear my signature :)
<Sephibot> I thought of a wonderful present for you. Shall I give you n00dz?
Sephibot is a lovely guy. Especially when it's Yop controlling him ;)

<Cthulhu> Excuse me? I am the same person, I assure you; I simply felt that a sudden and dramatic change in my online demeanor would be amusing. Or, as they say on the internet, "I did it for the lulz"
Yop again -- Yop had a personality change the other day and became extremely articulate, which was super funny, especially when talking about tentacles, pen0rs and all that other stuff we usually talk about in #tls. I think this is my favorite quote from that ;)

Also GLD, for explanation of that quote -- see the Member Picture Thread (oh yes!) ;)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Huh, I didn't know this. And sorry to say this, but I think it makes the statistics a little less interesting - because we have no idea what the crazy umurcans are up to when we're not in the channel. Also, that explains why I have the most written lines (yes I will use this excuse for what it is worth!) as we live in the same timezone (well 1 hour difference) and besides we do talk a lot of crap with each other, same with Yop. Maybe someone has a running server and can set up a servernick? I can volunteer for this, we have not only 1, but 2 computers at home that are constantly up. I can set that up this afternoon. You can have full access to that nick, Flint.

You're right, it does make it less interesting. I'm not really in a position to run a client the whole time, though I will try to stay on more often now. Yop and I did discuss running Sephibot on the TLS server yesterday, but the server is Linux and mIRC only runs on Windows. We should discuss your proposal more in the IRC channel.

There's a think you forgot to mention too, and that is how you cleared the lines for doublets and stuff.

There's a reason I didn't mention it: the "doubles" were completely erroneous. I tried to explain this in the channel last night, but the only duplicate lines I removed were the ones caused by Sephibot logging to the same file as me, which he did for the first game night. I did not remove duplicates where someone had just said the same thing twice in a row. The log I have now should be exactly as it would have been if I had not made Sephibot. There are still 101 LAWLs in there :P

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
belle has the highest caps ratio at 14%

why am i not surprised

AvecAloes

Donator
I love this from the "These people have a distinctive choice of words..." category...

Tifabelle "CASEY"(5), "vajay"(3), "dranking"(3)

Haaahaha

Also, I could look at this all day, Flint. Thanks for putting that together, it's really interesting/hilarious. I love the random quotes it listed for each of us.

Fangu

Great Old One
These people have a distinctive choice of words...

2 Avec "hahahahahahaha"(4), "hahahahahahahahahaha"(3)
How on earth did you manage to type the exact amounts of 'ha' that many times?!

Fangu needs to get a better connection - she joined #tls 67 times during this reporting period...
No shit. Thanks for pointing that out, statistics. It's not like that's bothering me to hell already :P

Fangu

Great Old One
Also, I talk about Octo when she's not in the channel :lol:
66 "Octo" Fangu Yesterday 16:49
BUSTED

(Don't worry Octo, I think it had to do with Lic's fic or something)

Fangu

Great Old One
LMFAO found this one by Yac. It was a suggestion for a Sephibot quote.

<Yaccbs> "Tell me what clothing you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away."

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
I never look after the IRC too much, too much work for me. But I can't help laughing when I saw this xD:

Tifabelle said:
"jump off the cliff after them :awe:"

I never get tired of Kripey's awesomeness. <3

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Original post updated with the link to Ryu's stats, which are much better. Also, here's another reminder that the flash chat is up and running, so it's now easier than ever to pay us a visit if you haven't before :)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Stats have been updated so the page should better better reflect several stats they weren't picking up previously.

Also, if you used a username that's appearing in the 'other usernames' section, let me know.

Fangu

Great Old One
<Soak> are you maing fun of my typos?
<Soak> i told you im the typo queen i intend to kee that title
<Soak> keep*

:lol: ILU Soak

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I don't think I've ever seen Soak defend her typos without making more typos.

Example (some extraneous lines removed):
[22:20:23] <GoSoakYourFatHead> ok now i go tit
[22:20:47] <Ryulappy> Also, everyone should go tit
[22:24:35] <GoSoakYourFatHead> lmfao ryu. tyop! lol
[22:24:39] <GoSoakYourFatHead> typo*
[22:24:54] <Flintlock> Your "typo" had its own typo. Appropriate.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Just a note, the stats will be wonky for a little bit due to technical difficulties with the activation code.

Top Bottom