Final Fantasy VII PC Achievements

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Square Enix said:
Achievements – Whether you´re a seasoned FINAL FANTASY VII veteran or exploring this RPG classic for the very first time, show off your in-game accomplishments and put your gaming skills to the test with 36 brand new achievements to unlock. Share your profile with friends online to find out who is the ultimate FINAL FANTASY fan.

36 achievements. That's quite a lot for a game which most people find ridiculously easy, I think. So I started wondering, what would constitute a notable achievement in Final Fantasy VII? Then I realised that you, fine people of TLS, would have plenty of good suggestions. And by good, I mean "good" :monster:

I'll start:

1. Proud of your inches - Figure out how to get past the plank in Sector 6 without throwing your controller at the screen

Last edited:
2. Achieve the FREAK rank in Course A in Snowboarding.

This achievement is nothing for sissies. Don't believe me? Try it yourself.

Edit: I know you meant non-serious achievements Flintlock, but I simply could not pass this up. :P

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I freaking LOVE the snowboarding game and I may have gotten a ranking better than "Good" once...

I've always figured if they gave FF7 trophies I'd have a fairly easy time getting them...but I didn't think about Gold Saucer. If there's a trophy related to that basketball game or beating that impossible rock-paper-scissors fighter I'm doomed :P

Not very good at the motorcycle chase either.

Lex

Administrator
5. "The talking dead" - Trigger Aerith's dialogue in the Great Glacier. (would require hack obv)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
6. "She's Dead Jim" - cry like a little bitch when Aerith dies and you totally knew it was going to happen.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
"You can never go back." - Get the Barret date

"It's Your Plucky Day" - get the Chocobo baby with the gender you want after less than ten reboots.

"Premium *****!" - get the 'canon' dialogue with Tifa under the Highwind.

"Good Samaritan" - revisit the Chocobo Sage until he remembers everything.

"Balls of Steal" - have more materia in your inventory than Yuffie can take.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
"Friendly Fire" - trigger all the optional character death scenes (Zack, Bugenhagen etc.)

"Holy Hell" - see Aeris' ghost in the church.

"How Rude" - obtain three Zeidrichs.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Ite you're a fucking genius you know that? (sorry I said Kris this is what happens when I have multiple tabs!)

Ohh I got one!

"We may be retreating.... but we're still victorious" - Run away from all optional battles!

AvecAloes

Donator
Flint said:
1. Proud of your inches - Figure out how to get past the plank in Sector 6 without throwing your controller at the screen

That. Damn. PLANK!

Ite said:
"Balls of Steal" - have more materia in your inventory than Yuffie can take.

BAhahaha

Octo said:
"We may be retreating.... but we're still victorious" - Run away from all optional battles!

And it won't even matter that you're not leveling up since you'll be able to use the Character Booster :monster:

AvecAloes

Donator
That little maze like section in Sector 6, with the mechanical looking hand and the plank that doesn't actually look like you can interact with it at all and yet is part of the pathway and aaaaaaaa I remember being so confused trying to figure out how the hell I was supposed to get through the path.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
The train graveyard always confused me as a child.

Achievement Unlocked - Problem Solved! : Succeed in reviving Aeris with a phoenix down.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Now I did get lost in the Train Graveyard as a kid, yes. It took me awhile to realize you could walk down the left of that beam draped across the two trains near the beginning.

Lex

Administrator
Not all achievements are hard to get though. This is something that's quite uncommon. If you do the Wutai sidequest at the earliest point and have most of your materia equipped on characters, it's unlikely you'd trigger this, since the materia cuts off at a certain number in the list of unequipped materia after it takes it from your characters.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
This applies to the Playstation version more than the PC version, but still:

Circle of Life - successfully avoid trying to use X as the confirm button after you've been playing another Final Fantasy game.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Wire of Hope - time the jump to the swinging cable perfectly 1st time.

Dolphin Friendly - make the jump to the Junon tower 1st time.

Handbags at Dawn - Slap Scarlet down without taking any hits yourself (is this possible?)

You are NOT the father! - Have Vincent in your party for the last confrontation with Hojo.

Top Bottom