Final Fantasy VII Fan Film Teaser

From Kotaku:
Jason Schreier said:
Well done, don't you think? This was directed by Italian film-maker Gionata Medeot, who told me he hopes to send this teaser to producers and raise funds to turn it into an actual film.

"Aren't you worried about Square Enix's lawyers asking you to stop?" I asked him in an e-mail. Square shut down a fanmade Chrono Trigger project back in 2010.

"I know," he said, "but my lady Tifa knows Hironobu Sakaguchi and when we finish the teaser we'll send it to him and we hope to be blessed; if not we'll put it on YouTube equally and fingers crossed."

Good luck, Gionata! I hope your movie about Aeris doesn't wind up like Aeris.

This is cool stuff.
Kotaku Article

Movie Preview uploaded in early August:

**UPDATE:

- FFVIITheMovie YouTube Page

- FFVIITheMovie FaceBook Page

Last edited:
Could somebody go ahead and save these videos from YouTube in case they get taken down? None of the methods I've tried to download YouTube videos have worked. =/

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I have never heard of this, either.

The trailer looks kind of cheesy, but I must admit that I did get kind of excited when it showed the Buster Sword in the flowers. :)

Fangu

Great Old One
but I must admit that I did get kind of excited when it showed the Buster Sword in the flowers. :)
Yes, this!!

I think the production looks really good. You can see the don't have access to Hollywood resources, but still I think the quality of the film is quite good, and I would trust these people if they were to make some more of this.
I love Aerith's jacket and how they managed to sort of copy AC when it comes to shots and movements. However I do wonder how they would do Clouds hair, mohaha :lol:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I hope you don't mind, Shademp, but I edited your front page post by making a few style and language changes. I just thought it should start off with something other than "watch this", and then I decided to make a few minor changes in the rest of the text. I also added the Indiegogo information.

Hopefully you'll think it's an improvement - you can always revert to the old version if you don't. PM me if you want to discuss it further :)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yes, this!!

I think the production looks really good. You can see the don't have access to Hollywood resources, but still I think the quality of the film is quite good, and I would trust these people if they were to make some more of this.
I love Aerith's jacket and how they managed to sort of copy AC when it comes to shots and movements. However I do wonder how they would do Clouds hair, mohaha :lol:

Well, Hollywood resources or not, there are a few artistic choices they could have made to make it not look quite so cheesy.

Their placement of the materia in Aerith's ribbon, for example, really bugs me. It looks like they just glued a marble on top. I would have tried to have the materia actually tied in with the ribbon. It had to be on top in the game to be visible, it doesn't have to be like that in a live action movie.

Also, Barret's vest and gun arm aren't translating very well. haha

But who knows, it probably won't get made anyway. SE doesn't like to let their fans have fun.

@Flintlock

Great work. This is why I normally don't write newsposts, because I'm not good at it. But sometimes I write them anyway because I feel too lazy otherwise.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Well, Hollywood resources or not, there are a few artistic choices they could have made to make it not look quite so cheesy.

Their placement of the materia in Aerith's ribbon, for example, really bugs me. It looks like they just glued a marble on top. I would have tried to have the materia actually tied in with the ribbon. It had to be on top in the game to be visible, it doesn't have to be like that in a live action movie.

Also, Barret's vest and gun arm aren't translating very well. haha

But who knows, it probably won't get made anyway. SE doesn't like to let their fans have fun.
I had very similar thoughts. I thought it looked very impressive until Barret came along. Still pretty interesting overall.

I've now shared the article on our Facebook page, as I'll try to do whenever there's a front page post. Everyone go like it, okay? :monster:

Shademp, if you're happy with the arrangement, just keep posting lots of great content and I'll keep editing it when I spot room for improvement :)

Elisa Maza

Whomst
OMG THE "WANTED" POSTER!!!!!!!!!

I had a fangirl squee at the end of the teaser. *_* Whoever made this, is definitely taking the issue seriously and this is what this franchise sorely needs.

Captain Jack Harkness

not a out-of-bounds guy
AKA
4nn4-chan, Loras Tyrell, Loki
i'm not very sure about Aerith's actress' expression, but never mind, it's a fantastic new! :joy:
my lady Tifa knows Hironobu Sakaguchi
me: wait! what!? it's true?! and she's italian like me? *fanorgasm*

Pixel

The Pixie King
I was thinking of trying to do an animated version of case of tifa... if i can learn how to animate :P

Live action just doesnt work lol

If they made it, I would watch it, but I don't know that I'd give them any money up front.

I liked the juxtaposition of the wanted posted with Tifa and Barret stumbling by the steps of the church. I also thought the church interior was pretty well done, though the flower bed was too small and the flowers really didn't look as if they'd grown there.

What bothered me was the fact that Tifa and Barret somehow made it all the way down from Reactor 5 to the Sector 5 Slums in less time than it took for Cloud to fall. How is that physically possible? The visual imagery was great, but the continuity was all wrong.

I like the fact that Aerith looks like an ordinary pretty girl and not a Hollywood movie star.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I was thoroughly unimpressed.

Meh.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I was thinking of trying to do an animated version of case of tifa... if i can learn how to animate :P

Live action just doesnt work lol

Live action doesnt work for this franchise at all.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
It could work, but you'd have to change a lot.

Hardcore fans don't like changing stuff, though. :P

Lex

Administrator
If they made it, I would watch it, but I don't know that I'd give them any money up front.

I liked the juxtaposition of the wanted posted with Tifa and Barret stumbling by the steps of the church. I also thought the church interior was pretty well done, though the flower bed was too small and the flowers really didn't look as if they'd grown there.

What bothered me was the fact that Tifa and Barret somehow made it all the way down from Reactor 5 to the Sector 5 Slums in less time than it took for Cloud to fall. How is that physically possible? The visual imagery was great, but the continuity was all wrong.

I like the fact that Aerith looks like an ordinary pretty girl and not a Hollywood movie star.

Epic continuity fail, yesum. I don't know if they were going for a snippet of the game though, I mean, I know they were, but when "Aerith" popped her head out of the church door it was clearly a reference to the opening as were a lot of the shots, so I think they were just trying to show as many characters as they had/could in that small snippet, continuity be damned!

Yeah there were definitely more than a few issues, but on the whole it's rather impressive for a fan creation.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
For a fan creation, it's good.

It can be interesting to watch, and if they do finish it, I'll be interested. If nothing else, to point out incoherences and enjoy watching what others enjoyed working on.

However, the little bit about "my lady Tifa knows Sakaguchi" made me raise an eyebrow.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Epic continuity fail, yesum. I don't know if they were going for a snippet of the game though, I mean, I know they were, but when "Aerith" popped her head out of the church door it was clearly a reference to the opening as were a lot of the shots, so I think they were just trying to show as many characters as they had/could in that small snippet, continuity be damned!

I thought about that as well, about how it would be impossible for Tifa and Barret to be there before Cloud fell.

But I figured it was an artistic choice and I wasn't going to nit pick it. :P

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
What bothered me was the fact that Tifa and Barret somehow made it all the way down from Reactor 5 to the Sector 5 Slums in less time than it took for Cloud to fall. How is that physically possible? The visual imagery was great, but the continuity was all wrong
I figured they did this just for the trailer, and it wouldn't be like this in the actual film.

I would guess that the film would be of all the events of the game; so it wouldn't make much sense to have the teaser shots of Tifa's chest, Barret's gun-arm, and Cloud's sword if these characters had already been revealed to the audience, and it would make even less sense since the continuity is entirely flawed.

Top Bottom