• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS Family Portrait Thread

Is this a good idea?

• Yes, it is!

Votes: 37 94.9%
  • No, it isn't!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's almost there. Here's what I suggest...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "You know, sometimes life will toss your Baked Alaska right in the rubbish bin. And you scream and s

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Ça va, mes amis? Hope this finds you well.

The 10th Anniversary of this beautiful site will fall on 25 September 2018. In order to mark this occasion, I'm putting together a family portrait-esque picture put together of all the active members’ avatars of this forum! If you will please...

The avatar will be separated by rows that are marked by the date that each person joined. If needs be, there will be two rows of the same year, etc. Like so.

1zqc4rn.jpg

The name of one’s avatar will be hovering over their person and the avatar will be drawn in a 'Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth'-esque chibi style. Such as the base models you see here.

24mw11x.jpg

Just keep in mind, however, that I'm not restraining myself to the body types you see here. If you ask, I try and portray any sort of body specification that you'd like.

a0wgnb.jpg

The possibilities are endless! :kermit:

The participants of the portrait will be separated in a sort of ‘The Sims’ style:
‘08 - ‘10 being “elders”
‘11 - ‘12 being “adults”
‘13 - ‘14 being “teens”
‘15 - ‘16 being “children”
‘17 - ‘18 being “babies”

4u6v7q.png

You can choose what age you want to represented as, but your position within the portrait will remain the same. For example: if you joined in '15 and want to be portrayed as an adult, that's fine, but that doesn't mean you're going to be situated where the '11 and -'12s are.

If you fail to specify what age you want to be, I'm just going to age you according to your year.

First, those interested in being in the portrait need to express said interest. Getting explicit permission for this sort of thing is important to me. Failing to do so is like showing up late to the studio where the portraits being taken! ;) After getting permission, I will add them to list of pending avatars under whatever year group they belong in, and as I consult with everyone about what their avatar in the portrait is going to look like, I’ll have a [ - ] symbol next to their name indicating that they’re a work in progress. [ x ]s will mean their avatar is finished.

15zifci.jpg

If for whatever reason we fail to reach some conclusion, I'll just draw whatever current avatar that person has.

Given the scale of this project, I want to try to keep each avatar as simple as possible. That is, if someone comes forth with the request that they'd like to be depicted as a Godzilla-type beast fighting an army of a thousand choppers in the distant background, I’ll have to kindly
unless they're Cthulhu :awesome:

Speaking of depictions, one’s avatar in the portrait does not have to look exactly like the one that they’re sporting on the forums. This would especially ring true for those who do not have a human, humanoid, animal, or anthropomorphic (etc etc something with a FACE etc) avatar. This representation can be a favourite past avatar, a favourite
(if there are several of the same FF character, I’ll just have to work with each person to try and make their version of the character as different as possible through use of colour palettes, expressions, poses etc),
or even how you look in real life.

Whatever best represents your presence on TLS.

My medium for digital drawings is Photoshop CS6. Each avatar will have not only its own PSD file, but it will have its own layer within the final picture. Therefore, there are no qualms if I have to make some adjustments to a single avatar as it exists separately from the rest of the picture.

Oh, and you get to keep your avatar to do whatever you please with it. Consider it my gift to you. :lol:

.~.~.~.~.~.​

Portrait Participants (So Far)
Each group is listed in alphabetical order. Note that this does not reflect the order in which the avatars are being done. If you thank this post, I'm going to assume you want to be added unless I'm told otherwise.

If would be super helpful if everyone who's interested in being in the portrait responded (either in this thread or in a private message) to this little
Survey Says said:
  1. Would you like your avatar in the portrait to reflect the avatar you have on the forum as of the time of this exchange?
    >If not, please send me a photo of the image you’d like portrayed in your portrait avatar (it can be an image of yourself, a favourite character, a pet etc etc).
  2. Do you want a name other than your current username hovering over your avatar?
  3. Do you have any preferences for the age you’re portrayed as?
    >If not, you’ll be portrayed as whatever group you belong in.
  4. Do you have any preference as for the type of expression/attitude/pose your avatar is sporting? (default is neutral/looking generally content).
  5. Do you have any other specifications you’d like to include (certain clothes, certain colours,
    no buster swords or anything like that. Remember, simple and clean (isthewaythatyouremakingmefeeltonight!!)
    accessories, etc)?

If you do, your chibi gets first priorities. If you don't, I'll seek you out eventually and ask them anyway lol.

Note that someone's position in the queue doesn't necessarily determine if their avatar gets finished before someone else's. That depends heavily on communication. I just set it up this way so that I know who gets priority over someone else.

how_the_queue_works.jpg
:megusta:

Here's a link to the album of finished avatars.

Elders '08-'10 said:
[ X ] Alex Strife
[ X ] Carlie
[ x ] Channy

[ - ] Cthulhu
[ ] Dark and Divine
[ ] Dawnbreaker
[ X ] Ghost X
[ X ] Joe
[ X ] Kimble
[ X ] Kionae
[ X ] LicoriceAllsorts
[ X ] lithiumkatana17
[ X ] Mage
[ X ] Minato
[ X ] Mr. Ite
[ X ] Obsidian Fire
[ X ] Octo

[ ] robotwarui
[ - ] Shademp
[ X ] Tetsujin
[ X ] wander
[ X ] X-SOLDIER

Adults '11 - '12 said:
[ X ] AvecAloes
[ X ] Flintlock
[ X ] Teioh

Teens '13 - '14 said:
[ X ] Clement Rage
[ X ] Darth

[ - ] Tel
[ X ] Remnant-of-VII
[ ] Ryvius

Kiddies '15 - '16 said:
[ ] Amizon
[ X ] Anemone
[ X ] CrashOuch
[ X ] Flare
[ X ] SeaDragon
[ X ] Unit-01

[QUOTE="Widdle Babies '17 - '18]
[ ]BforB
[ X ] ChipNoir
[ X ] demonwolf

[ ] FancySycamoreTree
[ X ] Mao Shizhong
[ X ]solo player sab

[/QUOTE]

The_Actual_Photograph.png

Last edited:

Ghost X

Can I be a Mr Potato head in honour of the late Mr Rickles? j/k. I like being drawn, feel free to draw me (that goes to anyone) :P. I have very defining features :awesome:.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I think it's a fantastic idea and would love to have an avatar of me in this uber awesome family photo :awesome: <3 <3

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I like this plan, I'm excited to be a part of it! :awesome:

Although I don't know how exactly I should be represented. I think I like art style A the best - seems like it's the most adaptable to different peoples features if that makes sense?

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
The positive response so far ...
10+this+pleases+me.gif

I love it!
Can I be an elder please?

Haha, of course! In fact, upon further though, I'm just going to give people the change to choose what age their want their avatars to be portrayed. So you can be a '10 and choose to be a baby and a '16 and choose to be an elder etc lol. The rows will remain the same though.

this is a really neat idea

Yay! Thanks!

Can I be a Mr Potato head in honour of the late Mr Rickles? j/k. I like being drawn, feel free to draw me (that goes to anyone) :P. I have very defining features :awesome:.

I think it's a fantastic idea and would love to have an avatar of me in this uber awesome family photo :awesome: <3 <3

Ohhhhhh this sounds cool, I'm in.

Mwuahahha I'm excited~~ You have all been noted!

I like this plan, I'm excited to be a part of it! :awesome:

Although I don't know how exactly I should be represented. I think I like art style A the best - seems like it's the most adaptable to different peoples features if that makes sense?

Thanks for the input!

Last edited:
Style A is my favorite, but Style C might also work if Style A causes an overload of facial emoting (due to the sheer number of people on the picture). Style B is no-no.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Style A is my favorite, but Style C might also work if Style A causes an overload of facial emoting (due to the sheer number of people on the picture). Style B is no-no.

Right, right, that's why I want to get this ball rolling as soon as possible!

My immediate impression based on what everyone has been saying so far is that Style A is going to win out. I wanted to keep the option open for a solid month or so. Dunno! Haha, this is the first time I've tried to organise a project on this scale. Eep.

Also, to everyone in general, those who liked the initial post got added to the portrait....let me know if you wanna be taken out.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Do I have to look old if I'm an elder? I don't mind looking mature but not like old old :monster: Also can I be wearing a t-shirt with an octorok on it? Can be as simple as you like. Or even just any reference to octopi worked in there. I'm not fussy.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
You don't have to look elderly at all haha! Thanks for specifying! <3 I was going to send everyone their own individual avatars (since people are going to be covered up by other people in the portrait), and I'd like everyone to be somewhat happy with theirs.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I've made that super clear lol. I was going to make everyone look representative of their "age" group unless they specifically request something else. Now I'm wondering if it would be easier to make everyone "adults" unless they specify that they'd like to look like a babe or whatever...

But yeah, again, your preferences have been noted! Yay.

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I like style A and C the best; either one of those I'd love to see. :) I voted for C in the poll though.

As for age, er, I dunno. I don't mind the child one but I think I'd prefer being drawn as a teen or an adult. :monster:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Made a little survey for those who want to be in the portrait. Please respond either on this thread or in a PM. Merci beaucoup! This will be super, duper helpful for me.

Survey Says said:
  1. Would you like your avatar in the portrait to reflect the avatar you have on the forum as of the time of this exchange?
    >If not, please send me a photo of the image you&#8217;d like portrayed in your portrait avatar (it can be an image of yourself, a favourite character, a pet etc etc).
  2. Do you want a name other than your current username hovering over your avatar?
  3. Do you have any preferences for the age you&#8217;re portrayed as?
    >If not, you&#8217;ll be portrayed as whatever group you belong in.
  4. Do you have any preference as for the type of expression/attitude/pose your avatar is sporting? (default is neutral/looking generally content).
  5. Do you have any other specifications you&#8217;d like to include (certain clothes, certain colours,
    no buster swords or anything like that. Remember, simple and clean (isthewaythatyouremakingmefeeltonight!!)
    accessories, etc)?

Thanks for all the votes!! I'd like the picture to be as uniform as possible; 'swhy I'm leaving the style up to popular vote. ^_^

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
I guess I qualify as an infant or a babe, if we're going by time spent here.

Haha, you can choose to be a different age if you'd like! You'd just be standing on the "baby" row. :P

go on then.

I gotchu :rudeball:

OMG!! This is such a cool idea Fancy I love it!!! <3

Thanks! I'm excited!!

Also, since style A has proven the most popular so far (I know it hasn't been a day yet, let me be, I'm hyped), I've begun working on some base model heads.

2ykb6ef.jpg

Last edited:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I can dig it. :monster: I was here for a year or two when it opened and then bunked off for like.. 5 years. xD Am I an elder or an adult then?

also voted C ftw

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^^Haha, I'd totally vote elder.

Thanks wander!!

Basic base models for Style A
24mw11x.jpg

But even if these are the base models...Fancy wants you all to know that Fancy don't discriminate. Fancy loves all body types. Fancy loves small boobies. Fancy loves big moobies. Fancy loves wrinkles. Fancy loves gazillion abs. Fancy loves wide hips. Fancy loves big bellies. Fancy loves weird chin hairs. Fancy loves your one leg. Fancy loves your big cheeks. Fancy loves lopsided nips. Fancy loves sagging tits. Fancy loves your Vegeta-style widow's peak. Fancy loves boobies/willy combos.

Fancy will take whatever Fancy can get :kermit:

a0wgnb.jpg

The point is, I'm gonna do my best to make sure these aren't too cookie cutter (NO MATTER WHAT STYLE WE END UP CHOOSING) and will try to stay as true to your avatar as possible.

Top Bottom