• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS Family Portrait Thread

Is this a good idea?

• Yes, it is!

Votes: 37 94.9%
  • No, it isn't!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's almost there. Here's what I suggest...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "You know, sometimes life will toss your Baked Alaska right in the rubbish bin. And you scream and s

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters

Ghost X

Would you like your avatar in the portrait to reflect the avatar you have on the forum as of the time of this exchange?
No
If not, please send me a photo of the image you’d like portrayed in your portrait avatar
See attached. I don't mind either one.
Do you want a name other than your current username hovering over your avatar?
Nope.
Do you have any preferences for the age you’re portrayed as?
Well, would be interesting to see how you attempt to age me :P.
Do you have any preference as for the type of expression/attitude/pose your avatar is sporting? (default is neutral/looking generally content).
Constipated.
Do you have any other specifications you’d like to include (certain clothes, certain colours, SMALL accessories, etc)?
None that I can think of.

Attachments

8.9 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC_0515a.jpg
    DSC_0515a.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 4
Would you like your avatar in the portrait to reflect the avatar you have on the forum as of the time of this exchange?
No.

No. "Shademp" is my preferred online name. If you run out of space in the picture and absolutely need to shorten a few names though, you can use "Demps" for me instead.

Middle-aged or really old. (I suspect that many people will instinctively not want to be portrayed as in their 70s-90s.)

Do you have any preference as for the type of expression/attitude/pose your avatar is sporting? (default is neutral/looking generally content).
I want to look like a scholar, so a pose where I hold a book might work. I should have the look of an old man who holds plenty of wisdom.

Do you have any other specifications you’d like to include (certain clothes, certain colours,
no buster swords or anything like that. Remember, simple and clean (isthewaythatyouremakingmefeeltonight!!)
accessories, etc)?
I will send you a PM with picture references and musings about possible designs.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Abed_smiling.gif

Thanks everyone! Shall update those of yous who have given me all the deets + wander as a work in progress in the main post. Note that everyone else is going to be marked down automatically as a work in progress on the 25th of March next year because it'll be too late to change anything by then. lol. So if you care very much about how you want to look, please let me know, or else I'll just handle it all meself.

"Why'd you give me a third nipple?"
"Cause Fancy takes whatever Fancy can get :kermit:"
"That doesn't even make any--"
"THE 25TH OF MARCH. REMEMBER!!!!"

Also.

First, I want to thank everyone who voted in the link I posted and appreciate that you were trying to make your preference clear to me in the way I was asking for, but I'm going to close down the linked poll since not everyone is participating in it.

It's my own ruddy fault for not going about it in a smarter, more comprehensive fashion lol.

So I'm going to be taking verbal counts for now on. Please, if you haven't already, verbalise what style you prefer or give me that answer with your survey or somethin'.

Last edited:

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Just saw this thread now, good that your going along with this man.

If it's by the year we joined, then I guess that makes me a kiddie then.

Also A or C is good for me.

Now I know you can easily find chibi versions of Unit-01 or Shinji floating around on the internet, and while I don't think I'd act like Shinji(Hopefully) if that's easier than doing Unit-01 then go ahead.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Sure :monster:

Just do whatever, keep in mind I am an unknowable being that should not be that goes beyond mortal notions of time etc etc etc, so, :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
>If not, please send me a photo of the image you’d like portrayed in your portrait avatar (it can be an image of yourself, a favourite character, a pet etc etc).
Would I like to look like Nicky Wire? Yes. But you'd have to break my legs and then reset them to get the required height.

No, I'll send you a link to pics in PM :)

No, Octo is fine.

Just an adult human is fine. Not old as balls :lol:

Do you have any preference as for the type of expression/attitude/pose your avatar is sporting? (default is neutral/looking generally content)
Generally benign/content will do, probably the expression in the pics I link to will be fine.

Do you have any other specifications you’d like to include (certain clothes, certain colours, SMALL accessories, etc)?
I can send you a pic of an octorok, you can literally cut and paste it in there if thats ok? :)

Also, thanks for doing this, it's a really cool idea and it's great to see a new member getting involved so quickly :D

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Yay!

If it's by the year we joined, then I guess that makes me a kiddie then.

You can be not a kiddie if you'd prefer? :kiddie: I think I'mma go for Unit-01 by the by! ^_^ Shall see. Will let you know. It's all a beautiful work in progress.

Sure :monster:

Just do whatever, keep in mind I am an unknowable being that should not be that goes beyond mortal notions of time etc etc etc, so, :monster:

Haha, I'm actually really excited about what I have planned for you. :rudeball: Someone had suggested it when I first mentioned this idea on the group skype. Whoever was there, please refresh my memory?! 'Cause they're the ones to thank for what I plan to do lol.

Octo said:
Also, thanks for doing this, it's a really cool idea and it's great to see a new member getting involved so quickly

That means a ton to me, Octo. Like, more than I can convey here. Ooooh all these happy feelings! :') <3

Also, thanks for all your info! Officially adding you as a work-in-progress.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
  1. Would you like your avatar in the portrait to reflect the avatar you have on the forum as of the time of this exchange?

- yes please :monster:
  2. Do you want a name other than your current username hovering over your avatar?

- nope
  3. Do you have any preferences for the age you’re portrayed as?

- adult, I guess :monster:
  4. Do you have any preference as for the type of expression/attitude/pose your avatar is sporting? (default is neutral/looking generally content).

- no preference
  5. Do you have any other specifications you’d like to include (certain clothes, certain colours,
    no buster swords or anything like that. Remember, simple and clean (isthewaythatyouremakingmefeeltonight!!)
    accessories, etc)?

- i dunno, gimme a leather jacket or something i like wearing those :wacky:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Great idea, my preferences for styles are A, C, B, though A seems to be a hands-down winrar now.

Well, a pic of Ryoko is fine by me, there's plenty of material there to choose from, but a portrait is also acceptable, I'll PM you with a pic and let it be a surprise (Ryoko is more aesthetically pleasing though, lol)

Mage is fine, it's not a giant space-consuming monster. :monster:

Do you have any preferences for the age you&#8217;re portrayed as?
If not, you&#8217;ll be portrayed as whatever group you belong in.

Nah, old as fuck for shits and giggles or mature person is fine by me.

Angry feisu is generally the default. :awesome:

Do you have any other specifications you&#8217;d like to include (certain clothes, certain colours, SMALL accessories, etc)?

I wear glasses and have ridiculously large boobs, so if you're not doodling Ryoko that needs to be borne in mind. Also my magnificent toffee-coloured mane.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Everythings been noted and updated. Thanks Tetsujin and Mage!

Guys, guys I just had a thought....

What if I saved all the lineart from this project....

....and made a TLS.net community colouring book? :awesome:

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I'm so in! Style A, I'd like to be an elder, but I'd like you to age my actual likeness into a cantankerous, slightly confused old man rather than use my avatar (King Hekaton, a cantankerous, slightly confused Storm Giant.)

Edit: colouring book is a cute idea too! To the TLS Store!!

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Everythings been noted and updated. Thanks Tetsujin Mage!

Guys, guys I just had a thought....

What if I saved all the lineart from this project....

....and made a TLS.net community colouring book? :awesome:

OH GOD YES. Then I could deface colour everyone to my hearts content. :monster:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Noted, Mr. Ite and Joker!

Yesss, I think I'm going to commit to the lineart thing. Yeah, it's gonna be extra work but you know what? Fuckit. Also, this won't be as pressing as getting the avatars for the portrait done, so if, by some misfortune, a regular member on the forum manages to miss this portrait event, they still have a chance to be in the colouring book.

latest

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Guys, can I just say how much I love this community? Even though we shitpost and argue sometimes, I love you guys. I feel the love. Not just cause I'm drank. Well maybe. But still. Adults making family portraits of their friends on the internet? is what my childhood self could only dream of (before the internet became a thing). So, yeah, thanks, and I'm so down with this idear.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Adorable drank Ite is adorable :awesome: TLS's family is pretty fucking awesome though, yes. <3

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Guys, can I just say how much I love this community? Even though we shitpost and argue sometimes, I love you guys. I feel the love. Not just cause I'm drank. Well maybe. But still. Adults making family portraits of their friends on the internet? is what my childhood self could only dream of (before the internet became a thing). So, yeah, thanks, and I'm so down with this idear.

oprah_happy_tears.gif

On that note, I just wanted to say that despite having only been a member of this site for a little more than a couple of months, many of you have already begun to feel like old friends. Even now, undergoing this project and messaging people for their details and sending them sketches of what their avatar is going to look like, no one has been anything short of lovely. All and all, I thank you all for making me feel welcomed here. To think I had so many doubts and general anxiety about joining this site at first. I only wish I had done so sooner.

So thank you guys for being cool as shit :awesomonster:

Oh, and speaking of avatars; I've already begun making them using Style A since it's winning 2:1 if you discount those who have said they're fine with either A or C.

Sorry everyone--I lulled you all into a false sense of democracy. :okay:

Regardless, I encourage you to continue voting as the tides could still turn. I'm totally prepared to redo all the finished avatars. Call me a glutton for punishment, lmao. I cheerily like to think of it as more drawing practice in a style that I normally don't bother with. :awesome:

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I just realised I never posted here but I'm so down for this. What an awesome idea, I commend you for the commitment this entails. ^_^

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
This is ultra awesome. I'm 100% on board for being a part of this, and it's megatimes awesome of you. Also, I cast my vote that Style A is the best style.

1. Yes, Asura totally works for me.
2. Nothing different, current username = fine (I've used it since forever).
3. Nope. Happy to be in ye olde group.
4. Generally content is rad. Feel free to make me as cheery as wanted. :D
5. Some version of the SOLDIER logo somewhere &#8211; EDIT and the :neo: shades (thanks, Tets)!

X :neo:

Top Bottom