There had to be more entrances to Gold Saucer, and other intricacies.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I find it hard to believe that the only entrance to a world famous amusement park would have been through one tram that just happened to be in a potentially (and probably) dangerous, poor, and out of the war shanty town ruin. Discuss?

And by the way, the main purpose of this topic is to bring up and discuss other little idiosyncrasies like these about FF7's world, etc, that gave you a "?". However try to have them make sense within context. Don't ask dumb, spammy shit like 'LOL HOW DOES CLOUD KNOW HOW MANY HIT POINTS HE HAS' or whatever.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Everything about Gold Saucer's location is ridiculous.

WHO BUILDS AN ENORMOUS AMUSEMENT PARK OVER A SUPER DANGEROUS PRISON IN THE MIDDLE OF A TERRIBLE DESERT WASTELAND!?!?

...Dio, that's who.
dioisquitethesexyman.jpg

X :neo:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Because it's utterly METAL.

And the land was cheap as hell.

And yes, there are certainly more than the one entrance to Gold Saucer, just as there are numerous towns and cities we did not see in FF7.

Like all the rest of the population of Wutai.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah, as Ryu just said there's a lot to the world that is not shown in the game, but limitations made it impossible to show them. I just take stuff like that with a grain of salt. Kind of like how Clould has a bajillion swords he finds in the game and somehow manages to carry them with him at all times (also applies to all rpg's/many video games). lol

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Oh, of course I know that there's a lot of unseen things (cities, towns, etc etc) in RPGs and Final Fantasy 7 is no exception, but this is sort of a sound off topic. Maybe someone will come up with something that's really a head scratcher.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Why is Dio so hairy? :wacky:

Nah but anyway its a fun topic to ponder. It really does make you wonder what else is out there in this world. It would be one of my reasons why a remake is needed. lol

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
WHO BUILDS AN ENORMOUS AMUSEMENT PARK OVER A SUPER DANGEROUS PRISON IN THE MIDDLE OF A TERRIBLE DESERT WASTELAND!?!?

I think it's even stranger that even if you're accused of murder - they still let you go if you win a Chocobo race. :monster:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Plus it must be an impossibly long stretch of cable to get all the way from North Corel to Gold Saucer.

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Well one things for sure is that there would be no actual entrance for visitors at the base of Gold Saucer since the prison in down there, and just having the cable car as the only means of getting there is impractical cause if it breaks down that will be bad for business. My assumption if that there would also be access via helicopter, cause that would lead to better tourism opportunites, such as having daily flights back and forth from Costa Del Sol so people staying there can go enjoy the theme park too without having to commute through dangerous territory just to get to the cable car.

hah Hah, i think too much :monster:

NoenGaruth

AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Unusual and sudden change of topic but yeah, I'd say it was, considering after Shinra's collapse there'd have been lots of trained soldiers looking for work.

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
Aside from the lack of entrances, I noticed that the only one we're privy to in the game has zero security aside from the annoying ticket lady, and possibly the bouncing idiot in the fat chocobo costume. Maybe that's the reason for the bizarre location, and the existence of the prison anyway?

By the way, I get that I could fork over the 3,000 gil or the 30,000 gil, but dangit, where's the "HEY LOOK THE GP SMUGGLER!" option so I can distract them and run in?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I think it's even stranger that even if you're accused of murder - they still let you go if you win a Chocobo race. :monster:

To be fair, you still had to get permission from Dyne to even participate in the Chocobo race in the first place. Although after he died I guess it was Coates, who appears to be easily intimidated.

NoenGaruth

AKA
You are aware that the topic isn't just about the Gold Saucer or whatever, its about whatever little plot details that are on your mind.

Ah gotcha, In that case anyone got any ideas how the Mako cannon got from Junon to Midgar when it's like the size of a city?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
^ What he said. It's the only way possible anyway.

They probably had a shitload of huge trucks carrying all the parts.
Or they might have used planes, although I don't know if there's even an airport in Midgar. =/

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The cannons seem almost unrelated, I always thought. On Midgar its bigger, seems to use a different power source and fires a different ammo. I'm not sure exactly what they took off Junon, because it doesn't appear to be any of those 3 things, lol.

NoenGaruth

AKA
Interesting theories, I've just been dubious of how they moved it since there are large parts that couldn't be transported by anything other than the Highwind and as far as i know Shin-Ra didn't have any other airships, just Gelnika's and those do not possess VTOL capabilities.

And yeah, look at the pieces compared to Angeal and co. and then look at them compared to the buildings on Junon's levels, there's plenty of parts that are single pieces there that wouldn't fit into a truck or Gelnika

Even tho the whole cannon moving is just something minor we're not meant to think to much about....Again with the Midgar model when you spend many hours making something like this you often do a lot of thinking about its construction and how it could have been moved, and really taking it all apart (some cases cutting parts up) to the size it can be moved by normal transportation would have taken months and then even more for it to be put back together at Midgar plus add more to it and hook up the Reactors....

...ya know what I'm just gonna believe a Wizard magically moved it :monster:

Attachments

• snap154.jpg
    snap154.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 10
  • snap155.jpg
    snap155.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 10

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Interesting theories, I've just been dubious of how they moved it since there are large parts that couldn't be transported by anything other than the Highwind and as far as i know Shin-Ra didn't have any other airships, just Gelnika's and those do not possess VTOL capabilities.

They could've used a shitload of helicopters.:P

But they did have other airships, I'm sure of it. There is one seen in Crisis Core on the airport. I'm sure that it wasn't the Highwind...:monster:
And the other airships in DC might be former ShinRa fleet ships.

Top Bottom