• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

30 days of FF meme (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I think that FFIX has the best story. I got the most fantasy sort of vibe from it, I think I already posted why FFIX is one of my favorite FF games in this thread so... same reasons why I think it's the best story line as well were listed there. x'D

Ghost X

Day 01 - FFVII.
Day 02 - FFX, but I dare say FFXIII if I played it.
Day 03 - Esper Battle (FFXII).
Day 04 - Cloud Yuffie Cid (because of their 4x cut animations =P).
Day 05 - Forgotten Capital, if I recall the name correctly (Shell-made city in FFVII).
Day 06 – The portion surrounding Aerith's death.
Day 07 - Fort Condor? Maybe.
Day 08 – I like the more realistic depictions, so I guess FFX and FFXII.
Day 09 - FFXII.
Day 10 – I guess Aerith's death. Deal-maker right there.
Day 11 – FFX.
Day 12 - I'd dare say FFVII and FFIX.
Day 13 – FFVII.
Day 14 - Sephiroth.
Day 15 - Freya (I like tragic characters).
Day 16 - Cloud's Omnislash, or perhaps Squall's version of it, forgot the name =p.
Day 17 - Snowboarding.
Day 18 - FFVIII, quite epic.
Day 19 - Balthier. Classy.
Day 20 – Meh. Cloud's I guess.
Day 21 - Balthier and Fran.
Day 22 - Zodiark (FFXII).
Day 23 - Basketball, arm wrestling, and boxing (FFVII).
Day 24 - That furry from FFX said something funny, forgot what it was though, something along the lines of: "Sit down, shut up".
Day 25 - Final Fantasy 6. Seems to be a lot of people's favourite. I want to know why.
Day 26 - Aerith's death. I wasn't expecting it.
Day 27 – FFXII.
Day 28 - FFVII.
Day 29 - N/A.
Day 30 - Aerith, but then Vivi.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Day 28 - First Final Fantasy game obsession.

FFIV was the first one I played much of, and I thought it was pretty cool at the time, but apparently not enough to go spending whatever the price tag was for a new game on it, because I never bought it. FFVI was the first one I really obsessed over. I got hugely drawn into the world and especially some of the characters. I already basically mentioned why Terra was a character I felt anyone should be able to relate to in my post about why she was my favourite character; I found, strangely enough, Shadow, who in many ways is her polar opposite, intriguing for a number of reasons as well. He's a character who presents a façade of not having any emotions whatsoever, but it's pretty obvious that he still has them below the surface; he's just denying their existence, and it seems pretty apparent that he's running away from something.
A series of dreams in the game make it more apparent what, and his rather strange ending, which implies that he kills himself, also makes it readily apparent that he knows he's been running away from his problems.
I felt the psychological study of a person who was very clearly an extremely messed up person, but still managed to be heroic, was extremely intriguing.

And, of course, there was also the music. It was the first time I really gave video game music its due. I had always recognised that some of the tracks were well composed and such, and even learned how to play some of them outside of the games, but it's not stuff I ever sat down and listened to when I wasn't playing the games. FFVI changed that. I have something like 1,600 Uematsu plays on last.fm, and if it counted plays from before I started using the service it'd probably be something more like 4,000, especially since his plays pile up quickly due to how short the songs are. I started seriously listening to other game composers after playing FF games as well. It's hardly the dominant part of my music taste, but it definitely makes up a substantial enough portion (alongside a few Japanese bands) for Japan to show up fairly high on my artists by countries chart:

Cassandra-Leo.png-list

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
Who needs LTD when we've got meme! :D

So, first FF game I obsessed over? Well, seeing as how FF7 was my first, I suppose it's natural my answer is boring and not as amazing as Captain America's here above me. But I can try, okay?

So, really, one of my bestest buddies got me addicted to it (and made me a Clerith fan :O). I was like, a baby then so I was probably a lot like a tr0ll. :awesome: Anyways, I went off and bought my own copy and fangasmed over it so much, it's probably not healthy. Which would explain why, after so many years, here I am on an FF7 fandom forum.

What can I say? I loved it. I was obsessed with the characters, their relationships, the twisted plot, everything. The world was just incredible. I googled the shit out of FF7. I visited every possible fansite I could, read everything I could on it and wrote about a million fanfics I am completely ashamed of today.

Tifa is like, my dream girl. Now funny enough, I hated her the first few times I played it. But still adored the game. And yet, for a few years now, she's probably one of the main reasons I enjoy that game as much as I do. Sure, I loved the entire cast (except maybe Cait Sith...the fact that it's actually Reeve saves it) but, I don't know. I really clicked with her characterization, mainly because I could relate.

And despite what they do to her in the compilation or outside games, such as KH, I will always remain loyal to the gal. Don't care if she's 'boring' now or 'domestic' or whatever other crap people be sayin' about her. I was crazy obsessed with FF7 because of her and I still am. I think she's also the reason why I still like everything about FF7, despite the fact that SE may have potentially ruined it due to sequels/prequels.

So uhm. Yeah. FF7 is the obvious first FF obsession I've had, even though it's been one hell of a roller coaster during the years. :)

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
My first Final Fantasy obsession was Tifa. She was tough, strong, and just overall a good role model for a young girl. Not only was she strong physically, but she was also kind, caring and supportive of Cloud, when he needed some support the most. I wanted to be a boxer, kind of like Tifa, but my brother told me no, because I could get seriously hurt. Guess he is right and all.... but I still want to fight like Tifa, and just pummel people for the fun of it, and show the world that girls are strong, just like Tifa in the FF VII world.

These days my obsession is the brotherly relationship between Kuja and Zidane, and the 'love' between Cecil and Kain. But the love for Tifa's character is still there, however some Tifa haters have sometimes pushed me away from her character with their brainwashing powers, but I always look back, and see the true Tifa Lockhart, and how much that obsession changed my life for the better. Tifa is no whore ! Say, that and I'll stomp you to the ground, like she does ! :bitchslapjoff3:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Day 26 - OMG WTF? Final Fantasy moment.

Definitely the HBI scene with Mukki. Scarred for life.

Day 27 – Best Final Fantasy storyline.

Tactics, though VII, IX, and VI are all close behind, and VII definitely wins in terms of 'story that totally captured my imagination forever and always'.

VII. I didn't get obsessed with it until my third playthrough - probably because I was too young the first two times to actually appreciate the complexity of it - but damn that third time was the charm. Obsessed over it for a good two years I think, and still do to a degree.

Day 29 - Current Final Fantasy game obsession.

Tactics again, as I'm playing WotL atm, and XIII, because sequel announcement and lesbians <3

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
Current FF obsession?

Uhhh...FF4, I guess. Just purchased the PSP version so I'm pretty hyped about it. Plus, I recently beat the DS version of it, so yeah...

I love the entire cast of the game! :D Especially Rydia and Kain. ^_^

First FF obsession? FFVII. I was an instantaneous junkie. The very first time I watched Advent Children I was hooked like a big dumb greedy fish and have been thrashing on that hook ever since. Maybe, one day, I'll be free....

ForceStealer

Double Growth
FF7, of course.

I was over at a friend's house when I was 10 years old and he showed it to me. He was stuck in the Wall Market at the time (didn't know what to do) and so was just leveling in Sector 6. Upon first glance I thought it looked kinda dumb. I remember after I saw him using an Inn and stuff I noticed that it was similar to Pokemon - thus far my only exposure to anything even RPG'ish. I also thought magic-casting looked really awesome, with the green light and the sound. I'm not sure why, but I was just enthralled with it.

So I borrowed it, played through to the Wall Market. Then I turned 11 and got it for my birthday. And I've been reasonably obsessed ever since :monster:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
It would be hard for me not to say Final Fantasy VII. Let's stack up the evidence. I've written a novelization of the game that rivals War and Peace in its girth. I have a Final Fantasy VII tattoo. I know the script by heart. There is a buster sword featured on the painted mural of my wall. I've started the game over 35 times. For over ten years, I've gushed about this game, it was the first example I knew how to use to fight for video game respect and still the first example that comes to mind. It was my first and forever obsession.

Tifaeria

Hello again! 8D
AKA
Roxy Lalonde, Black Canary, Princess Vampira, Ah-Choo, Cutie-Aoide
Day 26 - OMG WTF? Final Fantasy moment.

Taking "The &$#% Room" in FFVII. Those scenes within those doors continues to baffle me to this day.

Day 27 &#8211; Best Final Fantasy storyline.

FFVII, although I did like FFIX. They each told their story in a different way that I liked. They were both excellent.

FFVII

Day 29 - Current Final Fantasy game obsession.

Dissidia Duodecim 12 and FFXIII.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
My first FF obsession was FFIX, because it's the first one I played and I absolutely loved every single thing about it.

My current FF obsession is XII. I wish I could play it. :rage:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
My first FF obsession was FFIX, because it's the first one I played and I absolutely loved every single thing about it.

Cool! I sometimes wonder if my love of FFIX hinges on the fact that it cross-references and celebrates every other entry in the series. Good to know it stands on its own.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
My first obssession was FFVII, too. I would eat lunch and dinner in a hurry so I could return to my room as quickly as possible to play the game a little more.

My current obssession is not Duodecim itself, but to restore Kefka, Sephiroth and Kuja to their former equipment glory. :monster:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
The last few days were REALLY hard which is why I didn't post anything. I couldn't decide.

OMG WTF moment: You guys listed great ones. Typically the character deaths are always wtf. Anything that happens inside the Honey Bee Inn, lawl. Finding out what Tidus really was and what would happen to him. The first time Terra turns into an Esper.

Best Storyline: FFVI, FFVII, and FFX all had great storylines, imo. Although there really isn't one that I don't like. Some people might not agree with me, but I also like the FFVII storyline because it's been expanded so much with the Compilation. So we get to see more, and learn more, and become that much more attached to the characters.

First Obsession: Arguably I could say FFI since I used to just run around outside Cornelia getting into battle after battle before I really understood what I was supposed to do :P But when I got FFVI (back when it was FFIII), I truly became obsessed with FF. I played that game like crazy, lol.

Current Obsession: Actually I don't really have one atm. I played FFXIII and finished all the cieth missions if you could call that obsessed. I haven't played it again yet, but probably will someday. I haven't played any of my old ones recently even though this meme has got them all on my mind now, lol.

Saddest Death: I want to say Aerith, but it wasn't really the saddest for me. What I found more sad about that whole scene was Cloud's line of "what about us? what are we supposed to do?, etc" THAT really tugged at my heartstrings. But the saddest death in general would probably be Galuf's. He really put up a fight going down, and it was great.

This was fun and I'm sad this is over ;.;

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The team's farewells and putting her into the water was always the part that hit me the hardest. Though fighting Jenova with the theme still playing is also tough.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Leo's was pretty sad too but I wasn't as attachted to him so..

Leo's was another great one. Very well done. But he was more of a minor character which is why it doesn't have that BAM impact.

Although Galuf passed on all his abilities to Krile and the game was like LOL YOU WON'T EVEN MISS HIM. So easily replaced ;.;

I was annoyed Leo died cause I'm kinda into Terra x Leo. Anyone else? Just me?

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Aerith's death scene was probably the first character death scene I ever witnessed in a videogame, so it left me pretty stunned. Everything, and I mean everything, about it was tragic. For me, the most tragic parts were the scenes leading up to it.

The dream sequence with her was one of my favorite parts in the game and I only truly appreciated it better once I learned that the girl was heading off into her doom. So that now, whenever I see how Cloud runs in an attempt to stop her, but is forever rooted to the same spot, I can feel the anguish he has from his little polygon form, to get to her and to stop her.

The music even preluding the whole event, such as the wonderful stuff we hear in the Forgotten City, gives you this feeling of foreboding; like something bad is gonna happen and it's just around the corner. Cloud, waking up in the middle of the night because he's also getting these feelings and because he's sensing Sephiroth really keeps you, as the player, on your toes.

And then you witness her death. Which, quite honestly, would have meant little to me, if it hadn't been for all the tiniest little details Square incorporated beforehand. As for 'in-the-moment' scenes, everyone talks about Cloud's speech. Maybe I'm cold when I say I cared little for it. :\ But, I've been told that many times, so it wouldn't be new. :monster:

Honestly, yeah his words were sweet and had there been decent voice acting, maybe I'd have felt their impact better, I dunno.

There were only two parts that got to me after she dies; 1) when her materia hits the ground and her theme starts to play (WATERWORKS, NE1?!) and 2) quite possibly almost every other character's reaction to her death other than Cloud, most significantly, Tifa's.

Call me a sap, but I only really felt sad when I saw Barret's still form as he cries in silence, Yuffie hugging Cloud before running off, and Tifa's reaction of sitting next to her dead body and touching her face, before running off. I say this because I had a combination of these three in my party the first few times through this part. :P

It was the clincher for me. No words, just little silly polygons moving about and the tragedy finally came to fruition to me.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I think the saddest reaction is when Vincent is so overcome with grief that his leg seizes and sticks straight up in the air and he's forced to hobble off the altar with as much grace as he can muster.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I think the saddest reaction is when Vincent is so overcome with grief that his leg seizes and sticks straight up in the air and he's forced to hobble off the altar with as much grace as he can muster.

Why do you mock me? D:

And why did you edit? :P

Nothing was wrong with Cloud's reaction; it was appropriate and very well done. Just didn't do it for me in terms of heartbreaking or tragic.

Call me a cold bitch if you like. :monster:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
As for 'in-the-moment' scenes, everyone talks about Cloud's speech. Maybe I'm cold when I say I cared little for it. :\ But, I've been told that many times, so it wouldn't be new. :monster:

lol it doesn't make you cold. I'm going to get a little off-topic here, but I want to try and explain the significance of Cloud's words. It may sound odd, but death is just as much about the people "left behind" as it is the person who died. In fact, more so. The dead person is dead and gone. And the living have to figure out how to adjust and learn to live without them in their lives. That's why death is sad - the separation. The "how do we go on" which is exactly what Cloud is trying to say.

And then Sephiroth laughs it off and calls him a puppet :/

Honestly, yeah his words were sweet and had there been decent voice acting, maybe I'd have felt their impact better, I dunno.

OH GOD I WANT THIS. I WANT IT SO BAD I CAN TASTE IT.

Tifa's reaction of sitting next to her dead body and touching her face, before running off.

When Tifa brushes Aerith's hair back... baawww ;.;

Force said:

OhYOU.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom