500 Internal Server Error

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Like I said, I examined the error logs (webserver / php, mysql, whatever I could find) and could not find anything significant - which is odd, considering that server errors should leave a note in the log as to why there was an error.

I just restarted some things and I'll go disable mod_pagespeed, maybe that matters (also to just check out if it matters much for performance).

This, along with me adding a blank 4th parameter to a function that has been giving warnings (Fangu <3) should at least clear up the error log; there were a lot of errors / notices in there from mod_pagespeed about not being able to retrieve stuff within 50 ms, too.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That page gives me the following error in the logs:

Code:
[Mon Dec 10 22:59:39 2012] [error] [client 108.9.215.30] FastCGI: comm with server "/var/www/php5.external" aborted: idle timeout (30 sec)
[Mon Dec 10 22:59:39 2012] [error] [client 108.9.215.30] FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server "/var/www/php5.external"

tl;dr: it probably means the search takes too long and the webserver goes (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻. But I'll look into it, maybe it's significant.

Edit: Can't find anything relevant. Fail.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
These have been happening a lot again lately :sadpanda: I just got them again for like five minutes straight :sadpanda:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I've seen one the other day. Might be the various services just need a restart, I haven't done that in a while / hasn't been needed for a while.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah, I'm cleaning up that triple post because jesus :p

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I figured as much but I couldn't resist the opportunity for a good ribbing :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It's Wednesday, every wednesday morning at 8 my time backups are made, at which time the whole database will be locked. Although if my calculations are correct you guys are placing it at noon, which is odd. I rebooted all services a little while ago and fiddled with some settings, giving it more memory and shit.

I didn't find anything in the logs the last time, I doubt I will this time. I can go and upgrade all the softwares to the latest versions, but that'll mean extended downtime and possibly me breaking shit, or incompatibility and shit.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
According to the timestamps in this thrad, the first one was around midnight my time, and the second one was around 2am.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Just had one of these pop up, albeit briefly, when I first tried to check the forums around 8:30 AM :awesomonster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yop, I think it was about 2:00 a.m. my time, which would be 8:00 a.m. yours.

Well, the midnight / 2 AM things (depending on where you live) coincide with the time of backup; deal with it, :awesome:. I had set it to the time of the lowest level of activity, so.

The front page should still work at that time, if it's all cached (and probably if you're not logged in).

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Yeah, they're still intermittently popping up. Not for very long most of the time, thankfully, but this last one was about an hour.

Top Bottom