500 Internal Server Error

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
That last one was probably my fault. Sorry about that. :monster: The others I had nothing to do with though. :shifty:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yyyyeah we had a few hours downtime this morning because Aaron thought it would be a good idea to run a query that joined all threads with all posts on the live database, which caused the server to run at full cpu capacity. Fun times, :monster:

I'll fiddle with it this weekend, I'll probably post in this thread if / when I do, but you may expect some downtime then. If I fuck up, extended downtime, :monster:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I'm sure it's unrelated, but I was writing a new thread and timed out. The page informing me that I lack the necessary posting privileges was redirected to a page informing me that I need to update Java. Am I right to be paranoid?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah; you should probably even get rid of Java altogether if you don't rely on it anywhere. I for one haven't seen or run any java apps in forever. Java is pretty damn leaky, and if you're getting redirected and asked to run something in java there's probably something amiss. There shouldn't be anything needing java on TLS.

Fangu

Great Old One
Java is pretty damn leaky, and if you're getting redirected and asked to run something in java there's probably something amiss. There shouldn't be anything needing java on TLS.
Mandatory 'Yop hacking u 4 n00dz' comment :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Hm, could still be the backup thing; IIRC they take a couple minutes to finish, but after that Dropbox will start uploading it, and I think I saw it use quite a bit of CPU time on occasion. IDK.

I should set up a home server of sorts, have it download the weekly backup and slow-upload it to Amazon Glacier, a low-cost long-term storage thing. I've got a full backup of my persona shit (pictures, documents, nothing sensitive I think) on there for $0.44 a month, :monster:. The main problem is that uploading shit takes forever. As does compressing it into convenient archives, for that matter.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Got an error about ten minutes ago. Lasted for a couple minutes.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I've gotten a few of these in the last few hours, but didn't think to note any of them because most of them didn't last very long. However, it looks like one of them lasted for about five minutes:

[22:44:56] Lex: hold on
[22:46:05] Tetsujin: TLS is not working for me D:
[22:47:25] Lex: shit yeah i just got an error too
[22:47:29] Lex: you're out of luck gabe :D
[22:52:38] Tetsujin: It's back, yay

Fangu

Great Old One
8 am Wednesday morning explains the recent one at least.

Also as Yop says it's probably due to old software.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
If by 'just' you mean 8 PM european time (7 GMT), it's the weekly backup.

Geez guys, :monster:. don't make me set up database mirroring and run the backup off the mirror.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Went down again for a bit. This time it wouldn't even load for some of the time and it also gave me a DNS error briefly. I don't remember it doing that during any of the other recent backups.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Just got another 500 error. It lasted for about a minute, probably.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
And another one. I think the earlier DNS error may have been my phone's fault, though. I'm not sure.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Took me a few minutes to loggin, all I got were the internal server errors.

Top Bottom