ACC Announced For Europe, June 10

megas_sephiroth

Pro Adventurer
I have the japanese version, but I haven't watched OTWTAS because there's no english subs, so I'm gonna buy this one. Plus, the cover art is way better.

paoo

♥
Damn.. Do you know what I just realized?
I don't have a Blue-Ray player. T^T
And I can't download it, because I can barerly handle torrents. And everyone is freaking out and saying: "ZOMG UR STEALING!!1"

Sheepy

Pro Adventurer
Consider it bought. I have the Japanese version too, but I'm getting this as well due to subtitles being win.

I promise it's the last time I'll buy this movie, dammit. :monster:

Sheepy

Pro Adventurer
^ Well, think of it this way - You download it, but instead of stealing you're just borrowing it until you manage to get a Blu-Ray player. When you get one, you buy the movie and return the favour. =D

paoo

♥
^ Well, think of it this way - You download it, but instead of stealing you're just borrowing it until you manage to get a Blu-Ray player. When you get one, you buy the movie and return the favour. =D

Ooooooh, right. :monster:
-H-hello, I'm just borrowing this! *takes ACC and runs away from Piratebay* THE COPS WON'T STOP MEH! D:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
HMV website has ACC listed for July 13th as well, that's the day I come back from OXEGEN i'll be gettin straight off the bus to buy it...and then waiting til I can afford a Blu-ray player to watch it :(

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Just adding a note on piracy. Obviously it HAS to be stealing, why else would France install a new law that says pirates can be shut off from the internet without any official legal trial or evidence?

That is sarcasm by the way. France introduced (and accepted) a new law which pretty much states that people can be banned for a year from the internet if they're caught pirating, apparently without any form of a proper trial or legally accepted evidence or anything.

Point I'm trying to make, apparently it's too hard to prove adequately as being a crime or actual theft.

$40,- for a 2 hour movie is theft, I think. $150,000 fines for people that accidentally shared a handful of MP3's whilst there's people that freely down-and upload thousands of hours of music and video without any repercussions is theft. Lawyers for said cases are theft incarnate. I could go on for a while, but cba.

gatchacaz

Rookie Adventurer
It sucks that we have to wait so long for this - but that's the trouble with being a part of Europe - all those b***** extra langauges!!!!

Glad I chose to import now!!!

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I may end up buying it from England, because I'm hella sure that in France, it'll be double the price :monster: Also, Cthulhu, let's not talk about this fail law :monster: Because, from what I read, it'll cost us much, much more than what it'll give the majors :monster: (they predicted already more than 200M € :monster: and it makes me gag when they judges will have roughly less than 3 seconds per case if they really want to send so many mails XD).

Anyone knows if the English version will have subs for the Japanese version though? I cannot stomach dubs :monster:

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
I may end up buying it from England, because I'm hella sure that in France, it'll be double the price :monster: Also, Cthulhu, let's not talk about this fail law :monster: Because, from what I read, it'll cost us much, much more than what it'll give the majors :monster: (they predicted already more than 200M € :monster: and it makes me gag when they judges will have roughly less than 3 seconds per case if they really want to send so many mails XD).

Anyone knows if the English version will have subs for the Japanese version though? I cannot stomach dubs :monster:

For sure. The original AC movie had English subs for the Japanese audio so ACC will. It will also have subs in Russian, Polish, Espanol... :awesome:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Well, I'm sometimes suspiscious. Some animes here only have French dubs that I abhor :monster:

Dr Who too only has the French dub >_<

Hence why I asked -__- But after posting that I saw that the French version is supposed to have the original audio with subs - I'm now concerned about the quality of the translation, but that's another matter XD

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
Does anyone know if there are going to be special additions of the disc provided by different retailers? (They did this for Howl's Moving Castle).

Or will any special editions come out later on?

It sucks that we have to wait so long for this - but that's the trouble with being a part of Europe - all those b***** extra langauges!!!!

Glad I chose to import now!!!

Does the Japanese disc have English subtitles?

megas_sephiroth

Pro Adventurer
I don't think there were any announcements concerning any special additions for a particular retailer.

And no, the japanese version doesn't have english subs, just japanese. It has english dubs, however, for the movie only.

Top Bottom