ACC's release in Japan

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Channy said:
Cause quite a few staff have said that they'd ban anyone of sight for posting links to torrents. And tenny mentioned in another thread that someone DID get banned for linking. =/

Dunno, guess my instructions didn't come through then. A direct link to a .torrent file would be a bad thing, but posting a link to a page on a site that hosts the .torrent file would be good in my book. I mean, we couldn't be held accountable for people downloading it, nor would we be the party that offers the illegal download. Legally speaking and whatnot, of course.

I've read loads of news on torrent sites and whatnot, so I guess I know loads about it.

Also, a torrent for this movie should probably be around 700MB for a regular version (compressed and whatnot), to 25 GB for a full BR rip, :monster:. Note that a 700MB rip probably wouldn't do the movie any justice.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
....Isn't linking to the site where they can get the torrent, essentially the same thing as a direct link to a torrent? S-E isn't going to give a shit whether or not its a direct link to the torrent file itself, or the site where the torrent is.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
SE can suck my balls, :monster:. If they want to make problems, I'll refer them to Google first. Or the 6100 other pages that link to TPB's main page, for that matter.

I could link you to Google, which will help you find kiddie pron. Does that make me or the site I put it on a kiddie pr0n site?

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Touche old man. I'd go around flashing these links but by the time I get either one to work, you'll probably have made a thread cause you're already ahead of me. :wacky:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I made a frontpage one, actually. Not a direct link to a torrent, of course, since that would make it seem like we're promoting piracy. Which we're obviously not, :innocentmonster:. Someone make that smilie btw, give it a halo and whatnot.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well reporting on the popping up of torrents and what sites has them counts as news. We can't be held liable if people to looking for them. :monster:

That was actually a good article. The part about the PirateBay owners being in trouble kind of almost seems like a determent. XD

But oh well *is down DLing but has no time to watch right now*

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm going to look up 'determent' in a dictionary, brb.

lol, guess so :monster:. I figured it'd be a neat fact to add into the article, gives the article a bit of a sidetrack to piracy and legal stuff and whatnot.

Btw, how do you lot think the image looks? I chucked it to the side just to be different and whatnot, :monster:.

I'm going to add a tiny TPB logo into it now as well, ftl.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
xD, I saw that in an avatar earlier, but full-sized it's even more lulzworthy. I dunno how much 100.000 compares with other movies though. But it was the total amount of the original that were sold in Europe, so I guess it's quite a bit, :monster:.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
100,000 sales on the first day is epic. That's a very strong spring board for a re-release of an anime/OVA movie. That's amazing. Ha, I wonder if those figures include purchases from oversea buyers?

LOL. and those figures are just in its native territory. Who knows how well it'll continue to sell once released overseas.

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
So I came back home from work today and saw a package for me, it's the Advent Children Complete that I canceled(with confirmation) a week before it was suppose to go out. I checked my bank account and nothing has been charged yet. :s

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm changing your user name to Thief now. :monster:

Just like how it happens to Link in "Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening"

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
That sh00p of Cloud on the bike is so classic. That thing is old but I'll never be tired of it. XD

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
You'd better, nothing is as epic as Cloud on his bike, :monster:.

Also, why are this thread (news report) open and whatnot?

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
I saw it last night, it kinda felt like watching the Richard Donner cut of Superman II. Anyway, it was indeed AWESOME!

Did anyone catch that they recast the girl with geostigma? I knew she sounded different from before.

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
They recast all of the children since the voices of the original VA's had matured too much.

Of course the new English Marlene sounds too old anyway. The original sounded adorable. Not that the new one is terrible but she sounds too old.

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
I said maybe got it for free, I'm not saying til it's safe lol it's still wrapped up.

Ahh, all the children were recast indeed. Japanese Marlene and Denzel sounded pretty close to their originals.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I always loved how the original English Marlene explained all the stuff about Sephiroth in the beginning. But now I won't get to hear it anymore. :(

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I actually think new Marlene > old Marlene. In the Forgotten City scene with Cloud she sounds actually angry when she's all "Why don't you ever listen to us?" and "No I don't!!"

Top Bottom