Actors in FF(VII): Who could play who?

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
If there is a thread already like this please direct me towards it.

The reason why I put VII in parentheses is because you can also suggest actors for other FF games.

...I really have no clue on my opinion :/

But I would like to see other's opinions, so much obliged if you participate in this thread topic!

Half-jokingly:

Keanu Reeves as Vincent Valentine. He has the black hair and he is already gloomy enough.

sadk2.jpg

I think it could work just well enough to provide the live-action candy, but also give us the humor of the fact that we are watching Keanu Reeves.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
And as Tumblr has taught the world, Keanu Reeves never ages so he can continue to play Vincent in every contrived spin-off Square can imagine

How about Kevin McKidd as Cloud? Or if all else fails, Cait Sith for the Scottish accent. Wouldn't be opposed to Michael Rooker as Cid, but that's just because I really liked him in The Walking Dead

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I reckon Gary Sinise would be awesome.

Someone like Quinton Jackson for Barrett, OFC. Once upon a time I'd have said Winona Ryder for Yuffie and Leo DiCaprio for Cloud, but they got older. :/

My vote goes to Michael Rooker as Cid. That was a brilliant inspiration, Keveh. He'd be perfect. (Oh, Merle...)

Kevin McKidd is too old for Cloud. You need someone really young, probably someone who hasn't even been "discovered" yet - it's the perfect breakthrough role for an unknown, while the big names take the supporting roles and sell the movie.

Anyway, for Cloud I suggest...
Dylan Sprouse, from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody

All he needs are blue contact lenses.

I'd like to see Tifa played by an Asian actress.

My Tseng is

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Aaron Paul has the eyes for Cloud, although he's not much younger than McKidd

breaking_bad_aaron_p.jpg

the guy who plays Kevin Malone in The Office would be a hilarious Palmer...I'm picking a lot of Kevin's...Can't explain it for the life of me >_> <_<

Last edited by a moderator:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Dude, thought you'd knackered a link up in your spoiler tags, but they're empty, lol.

Is it just me who thinks Tifa should be Western and Yuffie Asian?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Because I can do whatever the fuck I like including mess with time, I'm going to suggest Mia Sara or Marissa Tomei for Tifa.

Sephiroth can be played by Billy Idol.

Cid can be Ed Harris

Reno - Christian Slater before he went all rubbish.

Tseng - id have to go with Lic on that one, but theyd have to age him a bit.

Hojo - the guy who played Wormtongue in LOTR (name escapes me)

Can't think of any more right now :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
^ it's the swearing innit?

I'm finding it impossible to cast Cloud. It needs to be someone with youthful looks, but also a bit of gravitas and anyone 'good looking' enough is a fucking lightweight.

Vincent - Daniel Day Lewis

Elena - I can't think of anyone cute enough for her. Needs to have big brown eyes and look like butter wouldnt melt, but also to be a little hellcat. Hmmmm

Rude - the consensus always suggests The Rock, and I can't think of anyone else right now.

Scarlet - Nichole Kidman or Naomi Watts depending on who is available :monster:

Reeve - I dont fucking know. Eric Bana, he might look good with a goatee.

Damn this is hard. Can't come up with anyone for Bugenhagen.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Daniel Day Lewis would make a great Bugenhagen too methinks, feck he could play near enough anyone. Admittedly he's too old to play a lot of FF characters now but when he was younger.

What about Denzel Washington as Rude? Or Reeve? Or if he's willing to bleach his hair, Mr. Coates!

Vera Farmiga could be Cloud's mom? Or something of the sort, great actress

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
IDK, Christina Hendricks is a hottie and I imagined Scarlet to look like a bit of a bint really.
So, Sephiroth? Methinks a Jap actor but I don't know that many. Though OFC it'd depend on who was playing Lucrecia and Hojo.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
Rude - the consensus always suggests The Rock, and I can't think of anyone else right now.

Vin Diesel could be a good shout for Rude as well.

Barret icould be portrayed by many people. Terry Crews, Rampage Jackson are two that might fit the bill

Yuffie, Again perhaps and Asian actress for her, Zhang Ziyi (if that's the correct spelling) could be good depending on her English

What about Elena? a small role indeed but still a tough one to cast for. Emily Rose perhaps?

Last edited:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I like the idea of Naomi Watts as Elena but the Diana movie killed her credibility as an actress for me.

Zhang+Ziyi+Short+Hairstyles+Pixie+pQbJs7rtk5pl.jpg
. Perfect! She's so cute with short hair!

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
How about Kevin McKidd as Cloud? Or if all else fails, Cait Sith for the Scottish accent.

HEX NO.

billy boyd :awesome: his accent is absolutely wonderful.

just take a listen.

I'm finding it impossible to cast Cloud. It needs to be someone with youthful looks, but also a bit of gravitas and anyone 'good looking' enough is a fucking lightweight.

well it is true nobody can look as so smokingly secxky its illegal just like cloud, but elijah wood has the most fantastic beautiful blue eyes i have ever seen in my entirety of life.

blue_eyes_by_elijah_jordan_wood-d5vakne_zps3f3377f9.jpg

download_zpsad8ea998.jpg

Elijah-elijah-wood-14124134-1200-683_zpsce3edabc.jpg

Elijah-Wood-elijah-wood-961893_537_727_zps8c458a89.jpg

....well you get the idea :monster:

but here's another just to annoy you :awesome:

Elijah-Wood-elijah-wood-251454_317_400_large_zpsf0f89a86.jpg
(only 8 years old and so kyoote!)

i mean even straight men have admitted of staring into his eyes for hours, and even called his eyes gorgeous! :O

he is also a remarkable actor and i'd be sure he could play cloud to a tee...but it would seem so freaky for him to have golden spiky hair :monster:

I like the idea of Naomi Watts as Elena but the Diana movie killed her credibility as an actress for me.

Zhang+Ziyi+Short+Hairstyles+Pixie+pQbJs7rtk5pl.jpg
. Perfect! She's so cute with short hair!

i agree wholeheartedly, but i would just pick this pic of her.

Zhang_Ziyi_-_Harper_s_Bazaar_zpse41437a2.jpg

absolutely stunning; my fave pic of her.

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Actually yeah, I can see Elijah as Cloud now. He's got the youth but also the intensity.

And Zhang. Wow.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
Again, I know it's a small role and I know that actor has since passed away but, I could have seen James Gandolfini as President Shinra and Shatner as possibly Palmer but not entirely sure about that.

RED XIII is hard as he has to sound wise but not too old, I did have Morgan Freeman in mind but now I think about it, I don't thin his voice (as awesome as it is) would suit the role.

Astrid%20Berges-Frisbey%20as%20Aerith%20Gainsborough.jpg
for Aerith. She was the mermaid in Pirates of the Caribbean 4

I think this was mentioned earlier but, Hugo Weaving as Hojo?

also are we just doing Final Fantasy VII actors or can we include characters from the entire compilation? just to throw a spanner in the works :monster:

That girl is perfect for Aerith.

I want to defend my choice of Dylan Sprouse as Cloud. He looks the part: Cloud's supposed to be short and immature with attitude. And he's the right age, 22. Elijah Wood's like 33 which is closer to Cid's age.

Tom Hiddleston for Sephiroth.

I feel like Zhang Ziyi is too pretty for Yuffie, and also too old. She's the same age more or less as Elijah Wood, and Yuffie's meant to be sixteen. If I'm going to see this on the big screen I really want the big disparity in the ages of this motley crew to be visible.

Top Bottom