Aka Field Dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Also, please to not be editing my AKA again. I'm more than capable of handling that myself, thanks. =/

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Well, I mean, it's pretty much common practise to include your most recent username(s) in there as they're the only ones people who just joined are likely to have paid any attention to. It's just a matter of courtesy. If you want to do it yourself in the future, feel free, but they should be there.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
He's jus sayin man

Chill pill, 3 times daily with food and whenever needed

Glass of water if can't swallow

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I'm more than capable of handling that myself, thanks. =/
I was doing you a favour man; I was editing in information that needs to be there and saving you the trouble. I don't know if you're just being wilfully obstinate or what, but your current aka field does not list your most recently used screen name, which I just explicitly stated should be listed in your aka field to assist new members who will naturally have no idea what any of your other aliases were. By editing your aka field into a form that will be completely unhelpful to anyone who has just joined and has no idea what you think your most important screen names are (unless they paid special attention to your aka field, which as new members overwhelmed by information they almost certainly did not), you're making it look awfully like you're not capable of a simple task like following the basic requirements we set down for the time we take to go out of our way to change your names. And it's a completely trivial matter that literally does not affect your experience on this board at all. If you're incapable of following our perfectly reasonable guidelines then I'm sure the staff will be more than happy simply to stop fulfilling your name change requests.

I mean, if you're really that offended by my editing it in and want to do it yourself, then whatever, no skin off my back. But you have to do it. Your most recent screen name needs to be in your profile. And right now it isn't. Fix it, or there will be consequences.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
AKA fields are supposed to make you recognisable to as many people as possible. It's not required that you list all the names you've ever used (for some people that would be literally impossible unless their aka field dragged their postbit to the size of being two pages long or more), but obviously you need to be recognisable to people who have only been around for like a month as well as people who have been around for quite some time. We're in the process of codifying rules to make this more specific and they will probably be explicitly laid out within the next day or two.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
So you people are taking it upon yourselves to edit people shit yourself instead of just asking them to do it themselves?

That's not intrusive or insulting at ALL. This is the kinda shit that had staff in fights with people on ACF all the goddamn time.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Its cool bro, he's only doing it to people who have gotten on his bad side lately.

You don't see AKAs being changed for people who don't have their most recent usernames present in there. Like you, or me, or Scott, or Satsu.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
tumblr_ljtrfe63bh1qb6ikpo1_500.gif

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
tumblr_ll9uii8E441qcw2r4o1_500.gif

Sweet fucking christ. Please do not fight over trivial matter gents ; ___ ;

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Oh you can't be serious Dacon. I feel this didn't need to become unnecessary drama.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Aaron let us clear this matter right now. Kindly refrain from doing something that's not man, I know you're trying to help out but don't take this the wrong way.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Okay, look. This is the second time this has happened. The first time, it was X who did it, and all I said was "please don't do that again". Simple. And nobody touched it after that.

Yet now, Aaron feels the need to take matters into his own hands before I have a chance to do it myself - which is irksome. I was going to change my field ANYWAY (to what I have now changed it TO) once I found an icon and a font color - which I've done. You'll also note that I didn't edit in my most recent username, which I had for maybe a week and a half, but instead added in the one immediately prior to that, which I used for about a month, which seems infinitely more relevant. Additionally, "for the benefit of new members" seems like a somewhat fallacious point to me, seeing as all things regarding all posts I've made (except when people click that 'quote' button), namely thanks and the username in my posts, are changed when the name does.

There's also the matter of my username being gold (donator group), and my completely unique signature (and the fact that I keep the same font color), which is a pretty clear indicator of who I am.

I'm not causing drama. I'm not butthurt. I politely asked that my AKA field be left alone (I even said please and thanks), and this has turned into a medium sized deal, which is entirely contrary to my will and intent. One line, two sentences; no trolling, no shit-stirring. Just a simple request, and this is what it turns into.

On a related note - Mumble, please stay out of it. And Satsu, I am entirely calm. But please stay out of it.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
:facepalm3:

This is has to be lamest episode of drama I've seen in a long time. As much of a courtesy it may have seemed, staff shouldn't be changing profile information for other users unless there's content that's obviously disruptive or detrimental to the community, such as NSFW images, huge ass sigs, ect. Members should only be required to have their most commonly used and known usernames in their aka field, which Omega has already done. There are some members here that change their names rather frequently. Omega used Hotaru for two goddamn weeks, and I think we've only had ONE new member register here. If that new member is so goddman desperate to know who Gambit is, he/she can just ask. There's no valid reason to flip your shit over something so trivial. This is a pretty relaxed community, let's keep it that way please.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Speak for yourself. Personally I think that Omega is dangerous, disruptive and out of control.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Are you sure? Maybe I can find a gif with a witty caption in order to needlessly prolong things without actually contributing anything of value. Hang on, let me check.

EDIT: Phew, no need to panic. That didn't take long at all! I just needed to go back one page.

tumblr_ljtrfe63bh1qb6ikpo1_500.gif

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Because your posts have been very contributory. It's EXACTLY what you did minus a gif. And nothing had been settled when posted that, it just looked like drama was about to ensue. Road really did wrap things up and then you made your post.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Yeah, Alex was joking and we could all see that. Except you. Apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom