• No you psychotic lunatic.

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Possibly, but I have reservations...

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Okay, so Lex and Tetsujin (and, really, everybody) brings up the possibility that a video could greatly backfire. I think a good idea would be to take a vote to see where the boards are at.

The proposal is a video in the style of "Deadlock" where two people (one Cloti and one Clerith) present both sides of the argument and the video does not declare a winner but leaves the discussion open to the comments.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I said yes, because of reasons :monster:

Fight_1ef859_4474876.jpg

Last edited:

Pixel

The Pixie King
I would say yes, but only in a scripted balanced format, with narration and clips. It's going to be nerdy enough, but depending on presentation, it'll be either nerdrage unwatchable, or an interesting look at part of the game's story. I don't mind controversy, if you can seriously even call it that, all I care about is credibility.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Again watch an episode of Deadlock on the Game Theory channel and youll see what i envision. its all very scripted and while humorous sticks to the facts.

Edit:
Game Theory Presents - DeadLock: SNES vs. Genesis:

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I second the notion of a script, though I'm not sure the deadlock format is quite the way to go about it. Leaving the decision open is probably best though.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I think a script would obviously be necessary otherwise it's just be a raging clusterfuck of the Clerith side stabbing a padded bra, wishing Tifa to die already.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I also think some footage of stuff like ACC scenes, OG scenes etc would be nice, maybe bring up Aerith's relationship to Zack if it helps illustrate a point. Actually, maybe we could give Zerith its own video too.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Zerith doesn't really have any debate or evidence against it, it was all pretty obvious.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I dunno, seems pretty straight forward (amongst all the relationships of VII). That and I don't know that TLS channel has many individual character profiles.

Pixel

The Pixie King
I think a draw my life format could be fun for character profiles. I started an Aerith one ages ago, but getting voice actors to do that much dialogue is a pain. It would be funny, especially with cloud misremembering things.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I voted yes because I'm a psychotic lunatic. :monster:

Splintered

unsavory tart
No, at least not now. I'm so tired of people stirring the LTD pot when there is no real new evident and it really does start wars on sites. Here it's a little better because forums mandate some niceness, but once you get to places like tumblr, people throw down and start harassing people.

So early on I'd rather focus on a non shipping debate one. I've been wanting a pro Barret-defense for a long time :<

Starling

Pro Adventurer
You mean about how Barret's underrated and shouldn't be treated as just a stereotype?

I understand that some people can get carried away with shipping but I still feel it's something that deserves objective discussion.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
DOES BARRET WALLACE LOOK LIKE A BITCH TO YOU?

SAY "DEEPGROUND" AGAIN MUTHAFUCKA, I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!

Sorry, my mind did a thing... this sounds like the character study vids that somebody suggested earlier and it would be fun.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I'd really enjoy the opportunity to discuss characters and character relationships, whether platonic or romantic. It's nice to see how characters affect each-other, what they learn from their experiences, why they are the way they are and generally talk about what makes them such enjoyable characters. It's why I want both the character study vids and the LTD one.

Splintered

unsavory tart
You mean about how Barret's underrated and shouldn't be treated as just a stereotype?
I honestly thing Barret is one of the best written characters in FFVII, and the stereotypes bogging down the perception of his character is detrimental to the experience of FFVII overall because there are certain things his characters go through that no other character does.

*pulls out Barret Wallace Defense Squad flags*

I understand that some people can get carried away with shipping but I still feel it's something that deserves objective discussion.
Getting carried away is an understatement. When the LTD posts touched down, things went personal, and they directly attacked the people who wrote the article, bashing them and trying to make them out as manipulative liars.

Huge swaths of ltd debaters spread shit on this forum about how it's biased against X and refuse to see any evidence pointed out. It'll be worse with a video.

I'm totally for a character study video though, I think those do give away a lot more for interesting discussion rather than a flame of hatred.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
I honestly thing Barret is one of the best written characters in FFVII, and the stereotypes bogging down the perception of his character is detrimental to the experience of FFVII overall because there are certain things his characters go through that no other character does.

*pulls out Barret Wallace Defense Squad flags*
[/quote]

People tend to forget about the whole Corel Prison / Dyne sequence when discussing his character. Even then there might be room for debate on how complex he is, but what really pushed me over the tipping point was Case of Barret.

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
Do it! The battle rages on!
From what I have seen people are scared of the debate on this forum. The thought doesn't occur to them they can just not join in but they are actually scared if it starting.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
It's not a concern about it starting. It has already happened, it was painful, and it went on for a really long time.

My vote is "NO" in the largest typeface that exists.

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
It's not a concern about it starting. It has already happened, it was painful, and it went on for a really long time.

My vote is "NO" in the largest typeface that exists.

So, don't get involved. Its clear that some of us want it to happen. Some of us feel like we have something else to contribute or discuss.

Top Bottom