Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
So, I finally started this game!

My name is Arianna, and my island is Sadorre.

I would like friends!

Also, how do you get the shovel and pole to vault over water?

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
Does your character know how to craft items? Once you go through the tutorial with the fishing rod, a DIY recipe for the flimsy shovel should appear the next time you try crafting.

You will get the vaulting pole once you unlock the museum.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Hmmm... I crafted the net and the fishing pole. Nothing about a vaulting pole or a shovel...

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
It doesn't show the shovel DIY recipe when you go to Tom Nook's workbench? Hmmmm.

Oh, here is better advice: "To get your first shovel in Animal Crossing New Horizons you will need to donate 5 fish and/or bugs to Tom Nook. He'll give you a spot to set up for the museum, and once that's there Blathers will give you a recipe for a shovel."

Sorry about that. ^^U

Ruri

Pro Adventurer
NH is my first AC game. I struggled with obtaining the shovel too. It was really amusing, people were posting screencaps of their 5 star resort and I was running around my island of grass and trees and 3 rocks with one thought: shovel??

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Later in the game you'll be able to move stuff around via Tom, but it will cost you bells. Don't worry too much about the placement of stuff, just find a general area that you like it in, since you could be moving stuff around a lot. I know I did. Then I did it all over again once I finally got the landscaping tools.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Seriously, no kidding, I want a frank response: Anyone wish to be a friend on Nintendo and Animal Crossing?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
do you need a switch online subscription to add people? i know you need them to go to other islands (because i tried and the popup asked me to sign up), but can you send letters to people and stuff without it?

i want someone to send me fruits i don't have because i keep using the mileage tickets but find nothing but cherries and very rarely peaches and i already have those :sadpanda:

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
It's been awhile since a neighbor has moved out. I was going to use the formula found in the code to determine when someone will ask, but I forgot the number of days since the last neighbor asked to move. Now I'm playing the waiting game.

"On any given day, the percentage chance of a Villager asking to leave the island is determined by the formula “(V*5) + C” where:
  • “V” is the amount of Villagers players have
  • “C” is the number of days since the player last told a villager to leave or stay on the island (max 30).
  • There is a 5-day cooldown after telling a villager to leave or stay before this formula kicks in.
    • This can be skipped by resetting the game mid-conversation before telling the Villager to move or stay, the game will run the formula again the following day.
  • There is another 15-day cooldown after a villager officially leaves the island and frees up a housing plot."
-- NintendoSoup

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I managed to get my hands on a Switch yesterday and I bought this game. I have played Pocket Camp but that's the only other AC game I've ever played.

Not sure how to add friends yet, or where to find my friend code. Maybe it's too early in the game?

I did, however, manage to make Amalthea's dress from The Last Unicorn. <3

20200717_153728.jpg

Last edited:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
CUTE!!!

Actually, that code I shared is to be friends through the whole Nintendo network.

If you have friends, you can visit each other.

Well, I learned about Dodo codes, and that's how you can travel to other players' islands.

Let's trade codes!!!

Top Bottom