Any scenes you didn't like that changed or are new?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
He steals some important minutes of the new scenes. :awesome:

Well its not like they had a fixed amount of new scenes they could put in so that one scene being longer would rob from the other. If they didn't make the Rufus deliberation, it would just be 24 minutes of extra footage rather than 26.

@megas

Yeah it was...and it struck me as just as weird in Japanese.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
My major WTF moment was Aerith ringing everyone. I honestly don't understand how that could of worked. In short it was utter crap.

The huge emphasis on phones phones phones reminded me of those Orange adverts.

I also thought that the dirt would sometimes appear OUT OF NOWHERE for no reason during fights. Eg. Tifa vs Loz, one moment they look normal, and then after a few punches she looks like she's been rolled in a compost heap and he's been covered in diahorrea. The same for the Rude and Reno vs Yazoo and Loz fight. Mud droplets just grew legs and splattered themselves all over their suites when we weren't looking. Mud was no where in that scene, so why did it appear? It was just distracting and felt slapped on.

To be honest I didn' like the parallel between Tifa/Aerith and Denzel/Zack when Cloud saves them. I think it was forced.
I love the idea of Cloud saving his "family" but without the connection to the past events.
Tifa and Denzel have their own place in Cloud's heart. It wasn't necessary in my opinion to show them like that.

^ This.

Ps. I liked Yazoo's laugh. It made him seem completely off his rocker and schizophrenic, which he kinda is.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's silly to think that Cloud would not mentally draw parallels to his past two losses in regards to him failing to save his two people, when his two closest family members are both, simultaneously threatened with impending death right before his eyes. It's not forced, it's common damn sense.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I think she just means it was odd that Denzel was Zack and Tifa was Aerith.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's not that odd, it's just a parallel of experience. If I was traumatized as a kid by a big giant kitty attacking me while laid helpless in my crib, and then while I was older I got attacked by a big giant mountain cat, chances are for a split second I'm gonna recall that instant in my past where a cat attacked me.

People recall previous experiences that are similar to their present ones. Especially if its a traumatizing one where they feel guilty due to their inaction.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I can kinda understand that it's weird for Zack to be Denzel since they're so different but I guess it would make even less sense if he remembered Zack for Tifa and Aerith for Denzel :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
It's the positions that are similar, not their personalities.

Denzel plays the role of the male friend, and Tifa the female. Both people important to him that he doesn't want hurt.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Cloud, find some friends your age to play with, geeze. -_- you pedo

All though I did learn at a wedding two days ago that they will begrudgingly let two fifteen year old girls into the ball pit at some ... amusement park I've never been to... it.. yeah. Maybe Cloud is after that.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
LOL holy shit, non-sequitur, twelve o'clock. :monster:

Wtf does a wedding, 15 year olds, and a ball pit have to do with Cloud paralleling the impending deaths of people close to him?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Wtf does a wedding, 15 year olds, and a ball pit have to do with Cloud paralleling the impending deaths of people close to him?
IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THAT!

it made sense when I typed it... I might have been thinking that Cloud's hanging out with a 12 year old (That's how old Denzel is right?) because he wants to go into a ball pit or something.. and according to the Maid of Honor's speech about the bride, she learned that they will begrudgingly let two fifteen year old girls into the ball pit at some park. I just thought that was funny because it's something I can see myself wanting to do. They really should make these things for adults too :(

I just got back from a long trip and I'm feeling weird and happy. Yay for overcoming a fear of flying!

Valerious

Renotologist
why do they have to change the english dialogue ? i mean, shouldnt those words in english be as close to those in japanese? =(

anyone got direct translations of the japanese dialogue for the whole ACC?

Vendel

Banned
Having seen the updated Sephy fight I feel the Zack scene went on way to long.

I liked him showing up...but fuck give inspiration don't quote the entire handbook.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
why do they have to change the english dialogue ? i mean, shouldnt those words in english be as close to those in japanese? =(

anyone got direct translations of the japanese dialogue for the whole ACC?

They have to play around with words so that lips sync properly. If they translated it directly for the dub then we'd have the old school martial arts film effect where a person is moving their lips but no words are coming out etc.

If you want direct translations it's best to look for fansubs for the Japanese audio as they tend to be translated word for word unlike the official subs which can rephrase entire sentences.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
They have to play around with words so that lips sync properly. If they translated it directly for the dub then we'd have the old school martial arts film effect where a person is moving their lips but no words are coming out etc.

Eh, that has nothing to do with translation but rather with incapable voice actors.

Top Bottom