anyone got friends who dont like Final Fantasy?

Aki

he are sick
For me I have a few friends who I get along with really well, we have loads in common but the don't like it.

I've had two friends who I've converted I've jsut made them sit down and usually within 40 mins they liked it, but this was years ago. I think its harder to sway fans now as the graphics are outdated (prays for remake)

But many of the people who have told me they dont like it, havnt actually played it. They've either seen an odd glimpse of it being played and just said "you just throw potions and spells and click attack", the most recent argument I've had is with an avid COD: Modern Warfare addict, it's all he will play and owns very few other games. He jsut refuses to even try final fantasy

Anyone got friends or run into people who simply wont accept FF in their life?

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
This is a 'hard' question because I have lots of friends with varied interests, goals, and personalities. I have the friends that I can talk about RPGs all day with, the friends I can spar with Street Fighter for hours, and the friends I can go to the weight room and catch a football with.

To answer your question; yeah, I guess! Does anyone really surround themselves exclusively with people just like them?

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
wow, way to make it sound like some sort of religion.

If I have friends who dislike Final Fantasy, we don't discuss it. Since there is more to life than just Final Fantasy. Hell, FF isn't even one of my top favorite games of the moment, and I can understand someone not enjoying it. I don't enjoy Halo or a majority of shooting games just because they don't really interest me.

So I probably have tons of friends who just don't give a shit about FF. :monster:

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow
I have a guy friend that hates FF. It's actually less the franchise more the battle systems that he doesn't like. I've tried to get him sit down and play a Final Fantasy since he's never even played one... but he keeps saying no.

Then, I have another friend who was going to play FFVII on my PSP because I kept talking about it, but she didn't even make it to Seventh Heaven before she said it was stupid and didn't want to play it anymore because of the graphics.

*shrugs* Oh, well, I guess.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I have one friend who likes FF without having actually played any of the games, they're just in it for te pretty. The one friend I have that has played some, I don't see all that often, and when I do we don't really talk about the games really. Plus, I think she's more of a KH fan.

Not gonna lie, the first friend I mentioned annoys the shit out of me on the occaision when we do talk about the games.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Nearly all of my friends dislike Final Fantasy. Its not a big deal. Its not their thing and I totally get that. In the grand scheme of things Final Fantasy is a pretty obscure concept

Aki

he are sick
I dispise all religion to be honest but lets not get into that. I only made this thread as its FF intrest Forum so I'm keeping the topic FF related. I'm just sayin most of my friends who play video games havnt ever tried to play an Final Fantasy title and slate it without actually playing it.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I have friends that I got to play Final Fantasy, and ended up liking it as well. :) Yeah, I do have friends that don't like Anime/Video Games/basically, all those things that I love. XD We get along fine, but sometimes they poke fun at me for it. Sometimes it's annoying, but for the most part I know they're not trying to offend me so whatever. It just gives me the chance to insult them for liking a certain band they're obsessed with, or something. Then there's the friends like Nin has, who love other games, just hate FF. We bond over other games, and I listen to them rant about FF. It really doesn't bother me, lol.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
This is a 'hard' question because I have lots of friends with varied interests, goals, and personalities. I have the friends that I can talk about RPGs all day with, the friends I can spar with Street Fighter for hours, and the friends I can go to the weight room and catch a football with.

To answer your question; yeah, I guess! Does anyone really surround themselves exclusively with people just like them?

Hmph. Well, I make it a point to isolate myself with people who only share my world view, to ensure my insular, narrow perspective of tastes and the world is reinforced and justified!

Now brb, I'm gonna go back to fapping in my basement to my loli collection all alone right now! Have fun enjoying your...variety and...life. Ha!

Oh, and FF IS AWESUM! LIKE IT OR SUCK IT!

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Why would anyone want to have friends who don't play Final Fantasy?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
NONE of my friends like Final Fantasy, and I have looked, it is ridiculous. My friends, I mean.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Most of my friends don't really play FF. I have some that have never even played them before. I once tried to explain to a friend what XIII was about without spoiling it, then he told me he was never going to play it, so I just went on about the story, and he'd randomly interrupt with a question or some lulzy interjection. Good fun. :monster:

But it doesn't really matter to me. As long as we have SOMETHING in common.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Very few of my friends have any interest in FF. We have other things to discuss. :P

It's fun and all but fandom is not religion. lol I wouldn't stress too much about trying to get people to play. :)

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
They vary from disinterest to vehement hate. My roommate is a Western RPG fanatic but absolutely hates FF games with the exception of Tactics, which leads me to believe that he has good taste, it's just different to mine.

edit: not to imply that i don't like tactics it's one of the best kthxbi

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
yeh erm... Go fuck yourself.

1267075152117.jpg

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Isn't that Aki the one that believes that Bush did WTC or something?

Aki

he are sick
Nah bush dosnt have the brains to pull off something on that scale, same dragon.... differnt head

cheeriolord

Lv. 25 Adventurer
hurray my first post on the lifestream ever *grins stupidly*

anyways to answer the question i actually get a lot of stick off of some of my friends about being an ff fan but the usual response would make the top line of your keyboards blush so i won't post that. but many years ago in school i tempted any number of friends into playing ff7 and they all loved it.

cheeriolord

Lv. 25 Adventurer
... I really need to find new friend :huh:

lol last time i spoke to someone about final fantasy was at a mates engagement party he was trying to take the piss out of me and some random dude turned round and started defending me and the games. lol needless to say i got drunk and we went on to have quite possibly the most in-depth stupid discussion about ff7 and 8 afterwards so much so that other ppl started looking at me funny. funnily enough the guys a good mate now :lol:

Top Bottom