• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

SPOILERS Anyone Willing to Admit the Remake Was better then the Original?

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
VR is definitely going to be big when the cost issue softens. When you try it you can tell how much potential is there. It'll never replace classic gaming for me, but it's pretty impressive.

Elkazor

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Cinder Wing
The Remake isn't even intending to replace the OG and that's been made clear by the devs and by how the Remake presents itself, so I'm not sure why we need to compare the two at all.

I would argue though that OG is actually more grounded because the most abstract the OG gets is the power of Jenova cells and the Lifestream. An alien with the ability to manipulate minds and memories and a life energy that courses through all living things, versus the potential existence of alternate timelines and ghosts that have power over "fate" is on a whole separate level.

Reactions: Ite

Rankles

Pro Adventurer
I’m enjoying Remake, but the only thing it has over the original for me is graphics (which is kind of a given). As has previously been stated though, I don’t see why we even need to compare the two.

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
Outside of pacing, the remake was an improvement over the original in almost every way.
Absolutely not.

I will admit they did far better than I expected with the battle system (something SE has struggled with since moving away from their old-school turn-based combat) and their character reimagining was excellent too.

...As for better than the OG? God, no!

That ending was terrible. I honestly don't think I will ever forgive them for it either. Did you see that nonsense? Not only was it childish and looked like something from Kingdom Hearts. but i was entirely unnecessary.

One moment they are at the edge of the highway at Midgar then suddenly he is fighting Sephiroth at the edge of the universe in some Advent Children-style ultimate battle. What on earth were they thinking with those fate ghosts (Whispers?)? They were entirely cringe and ruined every scene they were in. Roche was a pointless and embarrassing character. What does he add to the story exactly?

I understand the plot needed to be fleshed out but they showed the OG no respect. It was like they took drugs before writing it.

The argument that it was "at least different" doesn't hold if what they have added was awful.

It was arrogant of them to think they could improve the OG.

Top Bottom