Awesome Cosplay!

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Bump

ixsbdqiiurdrqyzjx4rh.jpg
If I saw this cosplay IRL, I would be pretty damn speechless. That actually applies to a lot of the cosplays ITT, lol. They're all really amazing, like they're using their bodies as a canvas for art.

I have an interest in trying it, but I don't know who I would cosplay as. I feel like my "base body" would have to match the character.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
View attachment 9715
This cosplay is good for the nostalgic feeling it evokes, lol. Though admittedly the SOLDIER belt is actually pretty accurate
When I was younger I wished cosplay was higher production value, but now I feel like I miss it. Obviously high production value is great in some ways, but it kind of drains the fun out in a way. There is so much that goes into it and it can be pretty uncomfortable. It also feels more competitive.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Yeah, that's exactly right. It feels more like a competitive market now and less like something people do for fun.

Back in the day, seeing super high-production looking cosplay was nice, but now that it's a norm (and career-based), it's less fun. And I say that while still admiring the insane workmanship that went into the high-detail cosplays I posted earlier. But they don't rival the sentimental feeling from those three dudes' humble efforts.

Cosplayer circles also seem to fall into the same toxic behavior that normally befalls Beauty influencers. (instagram models, makeup stars, etc)

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
That picture made me all nostalgic, Prism.

Here's a buster sword my friend and I made back in High School:
IMG_3838.jpg
I provided the handle (A cut in half camera tripod) and the Styrofoam boards, and he painted it and built the metal box. Only cosplay prop I ever made lol, we never even did the rest of the outfit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom