Awesome Cosplay!

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
My answer is yes, and protestations otherwise are typically results skewing or confirmation bias. I've seen way too damn many goddamn awesome US cosplayers to deny that the West is just as good at dressing up as a character and getting into the role as the east.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
My answer to that article is yes, but not too many. I've gone to both American and Japanese cosplay sites, and from the characters from anime and videogames that I know of; I see more good cosplays coming from Japan than America.
Have you ever been to a Japanese cosplay event? I went to one, about five groups did amazingly. The rest were so-so, with still a few horrible cosplays (a Belldandy made of... a lump of fabric. Not at all attractive).

So I'd say that when you take out the bad cosplays and photoshop use, both sides are about even.

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
Have you ever been to a Japanese cosplay event? I went to one, about five groups did amazingly. The rest were so-so, with still a few horrible cosplays (a Belldandy made of... a lump of fabric. Not at all attractive).

So I'd say that when you take out the bad cosplays and photoshop use, both sides are about even.

No I haven't. I just see what I have available to me for both sides. I've seen plenty of bad Japanese cosplay, I just look for the good ones that pop out to me. :P Sorry if I offended anybody, geez.. I guess I'll hold off posting Japanese Dissidia group cosplay.. :/

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
No I haven't. I just see what I have available to me for both sides. I've seen plenty of bad Japanese cosplay, I just look for the good ones that pop out to me. :P Sorry if I offended anybody, geez.. I guess I'll hold off posting Japanese Dissidia group cosplay.. :/

I'd like to see that. I don't think anybody was offended, by the way -- your opinion based on your observations, after all.

But even if so, post it anyway. :monster:

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
Okie doke

ffd1.jpg

Althea

Pro Adventurer
AKA
myfinalheaven
@Animexcel: A lot of the pictures of Japanese cosplay tend to be photoshopped, especially from the "professional" cosplayers to make them more like the character. I think that Lulu pic is photoshopped.

I like this old one

tifa-cosplay1.jpg

I also like this one

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs7/i/2005/196/b/0/Aerith_Aeris_Gainsborough_by_Adella.jpg

:)

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
@Animexcel: A lot of the pictures of Japanese cosplay tend to be photoshopped, especially from the "professional" cosplayers to make them more like the character. I think that Lulu pic is photoshopped.

I like this old one

tifa-cosplay1.jpg

I also like this one

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs7/i/2005/196/b/0/Aerith_Aeris_Gainsborough_by_Adella.jpg

:)

Hahaa, how ironic that you posted photoshopped AC Tifa. :monster: So what's your point?

Last edited:

Althea

Pro Adventurer
AKA
myfinalheaven
I know I did, lol, I was just saying that it makes the costumes look stronger imo, and that's why they come across as better. That's all :)

DillyDally

盈盈一水间 脉&
I like that Vanilla cosplayer. Except her lips, the rest looks just like the character.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
A very busty Rikku:
1927.jpg

And Yuna:
1919.jpg

She might not look a whole lot like Yuna in the face, but she is pretty hot :monster:

Last edited:
Top Bottom