• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Awesome Openings.

Killer Tofu

Killing in the Name Of
AKA
Canada
I can't remember it specifically, except that it was very similar to the first one...i think.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Meh...I didn't much care for the O2 opening. I liked the art style for the backgrounds when the side characters are introduced, but the rest isn't so great, imo. Though that sort of explains my feelings for the entire second game, barring Gogandantess, who is one bad motherfucker.

At the risk of a tangent, Onimusha 2 was the best of the series. It felt like a true chambara title, mixed with anime character designs. It also has the most replay value, since you can align with different characters.

The opening's awesome! What's not to like about Nobunaga razing an innocent village to the ground with zombie warriors, and (like you say) those fantastic intro shots!

O3 was absolutely epic in every way possible, however.

No way, Jose. They ruined it with the time-travel nonsense, and absence of Jean Reno's voice.

Will search for Dawn of Dreams opening now.

Prepare for some disappointment.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Adding some moar PS1 intros:

:awesome:

I love the first Oddworld, and IMO, the intro not only gets straight to the circumstances and point of the story, it immediately conveys the bizarre and at times creepy ambience of the game. Abe and his narration is cute, too.

^, :monster:. Although I've only played Exoddus, but it was win in its own rights.

MGS 3 > all. FFVIII was good too. DMC 3's intro is the most badass evar, and 4 wins in operatic aspects - although it's kinda lame, :monster:. It gets better later on though.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I don't really like the KH2 opening, because it's showing a bunch of scenes from the KH1 game. When you first see the KH1 opening, it's all new and you're like: *A*

At least, I was. It was magical. :awesome:

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Bioshock anyone?
Seeing Rapture for the first time was pretty memorable.

Also Resident Evil 2, "That guys a maniac! Why’d he bite me?” :wacky:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
At the risk of a tangent, Onimusha 2 was the best of the series. It felt like a true chambara title, mixed with anime character designs. It also has the most replay value, since you can align with different characters.

The opening's awesome! What's not to like about Nobunaga razing an innocent village to the ground with zombie warriors, and (like you say) those fantastic intro shots!

No way, Jose. They ruined it with the time-travel nonsense, and absence of Jean Reno's voice.

Prepare for some disappointment.
Ew. I hated O2, comparatively speaking. It's like DMC2 - not bad on its own, but as part of the series, it's not very good. The other character's side stories were interesting, sure, but they were still annoying as hell. And the trade system was stupid - all that work just to get those three bone keys for the end of the game, a few healing items, and to manipulate your scenes. However, the scenes were a cool idea. I like how it would sometimes affect how the game was played - like when you'd switch gameplay (the Oyu part was the best, period; Magoichi's wasn't much fun, though Kotaro and Ekei's wasn't bad). I liked the Magoichi bit during the Gingamphatts fight, though. BOOM :monster:

The opening, though, is cool, but a tad generic. There's no shortage of village razing openings. The Nobunaga part's still kickass, though. I don't like the art for the characters themselves in the intros, though. They positively suck (and you know you can't defend Kotaro or Magoichi, no matter HOW much you try xD).

MADNESS. O3 was easily the best. The time travel part was kinda funky, but Jean Reno's very presence is all that was required, really. His voice WOULD have been bad-fucking-ass, though. And, tbh, I liked his in-game character more than Samanosuke, really. Playing with the whip was way more fun.

Yeah, I found it again...it is a bit of a disappointment. Though even from the beginning it's very clear that Tenkai is
Samanosuke
- and I haven't even finished the game yet!

The first game had a really good opener, though - shot through the throat, Samanosuke doing the fighting, etc.

Cerri

hit was super effective !
Tekken 5. Just woooow.

I also thought FFXII was pretty interesting. Ermmmm can't think of any games at the moment . . . I think I'll just say KHII for the hell of it.

Megatron

tits or gtfo
AKA
Moo, Meuterei, Destroyer of Worlds
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

I mean, come on, it starts with
the fucking end of the world!

Anatoliae

Gas Mask Enthusiast
AKA
Lachlan, Ana, Aniline, Natoli
I liked the openings to Persona 3, Persona 4, Silent Hill 2 and The World Ends with You.

I need to play more games...

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
The opening to Lost Odyssey was pretty impressive imo

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Yes :monster:

And the bit before that too