BERSERK

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I think they're only going to do the Golden Age. It's more "commercial" anyway. Most people doesn't care for the rest of the story. Sad but true..

Um, no it's not, in fact it's complete bullshit.

Most of the entire fanbase has been looking to see the rest of the manga animated in some form.

They went fucking bonkers over that PS2 game that covered more of the manga's story. Hell a lot of people are pissed that we're retreading the golden arc in an anime again.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Not a fan of Farnese.

They should have ditched her and taken Luca.

I'd want her AND Luca. Luca was fucking awesome.

I know for a fact I'm in the minority but I really miss Nina. She was so cute and hilarious. I miss her, but I'm glad she at least survived (against all odds) and got a happy ending.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Why do you have to fag everything up you cunt.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Sure could have fooled the entire board.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
I'd want her AND Luca. Luca was fucking awesome.

I know for a fact I'm in the minority but I really miss Nina. She was so cute and hilarious. I miss her, but I'm glad she at least survived (against all odds) and got a happy ending.

A minority of one, I'd say. :monster:

Nina was an annoying little gimp. Really didn't understand the point of her. I bet she probably died of AIDS in the end, or whatever she had wrong with her.

I'm still undecided on this new animation and art-style. Lacks the grit associated with BERSERK, and Griffith looks too round-faced for my liking.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I'm more bothered by the ridiculous 3d Animation.

Terrafig

AKA
KaleMarsh
In a perfect world, they would start where the anime left off in the same art style.

But if they are going to redo it this way, they kind of have to start from the top. Unless you want to make the argument that being in the supernatural plain makes everything look bright and shiny.
John Marston said:
I'm more bothered by the ridiculous 3d Animation.
Thanks for pinning that down too. Sure the colors are perkier than Puck's outlook, but BERSERK doesn't have mecha. It doesn't need 3D.

The format is weird. Three films for theatrical release when it really is more suited to serialization screams "Hey look. We're not just doing the same thing again!"

I'll still watch the hell out of it.

I forgot about Nina. If they make the rest of it, they'll have to animate her too.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
A minority of one, I'd say. :monster:

Nina was an annoying little gimp. Really didn't understand the point of her. I bet she probably died of AIDS in the end, or whatever she had wrong with her.

I'm still undecided on this new animation and art-style. Lacks the grit associated with BERSERK, and Griffith looks too round-faced for my liking.

I honestly can't blame you for feeling that way. She really was an annoying, weak, little gimp. But I guess that's why I liked her. You can't help but feel sorry for her, and just...I dunno. I guess I'm just a sucker for damsels in distress. :monster:

I thought her inclusion was rather interesting, its rare that you ever have a character that weak focused on, and then eventually grow and just...at least prove they aren't worth completely nothing. She did at least change for the better.

The animation style is a bit weird. But I'll give it a chance. It kinda put me off as well.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
There is no way this will be Berserk in all its horrific glory.

Mitch Connor

Its All Good Enough
AKA
Blazing782
If they could keep it at or around the same level as the old anime series, that would be perfect IMO. But that might be hoping for too much considering WB felt they had to go tone down Harry freakin Potter

I WANT MY 3D DONOVAN SCENE.

LOL ewwww

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
If they could keep it at or around the same level as the old anime series, that would be perfect IMO. But that might be hoping for too much considering WB felt they had to go tone down Harry freakin Potter

The original anime was pretty tame tbh. Didn't like it much either, the animation was shoddy too often.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Most of the entire fanbase has been looking to see the rest of the manga animated in some form.

It's strange because I know quite a few people who don't really care about anything else other than the Golden Age. I'm happy to know I was mistaken here, then, because it means there is a bigger chance of the whole series being animated.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
LOL ewwww

It was stupid of the original anime to cut it. It's a defining part of Guts' character and explains why he hates physical contact. Hell, they don't need to show it in gory detail. Just have a scene of Donovan trapping Guts and announcing he's been promised, slowly closing the door behind him. Fade to black. Cut to Guts lying on the floor traumatized. Voila.

Judging from the pretty animation, I'd be surprised if they delve too deep into BERSERK's darkside, tbh.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Berserk episode 338 is returning July 24!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Berserk/comments/3cfdv3/berserk_returns_338_due_july_24/

I have it from two sources now that Berserk Episode 338 will land on July 24.
One source (not the second) says this will begin monthly releases of the series.
Source 1: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=14709.msg235362#msg235362
Source 2: http://itest.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/comic/1434615624/l50 (see post 943)
Edit: These are both "insider" sources. An official source (straight from the magazine) won't be known until Thursday-Friday. Once that is known, I will update this post with that link.

The Skullknight.net insider has been virtually 100% accurate on release dates every time before.

Last edited:
Top Bottom