Beyond Midgar

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I think some tracks actually do have inclines like that, though not quite as pronounced. I'd figure it'd help get carts from one place to another using gravity to help.

I think some tracks actually do have inclines like that, though not quite as pronounced. I'd figure it'd help get carts from one place to another using gravity to help.

You see, much as I am looking forward to the re-make, this is the kind of thing that makes me worried. The game could be all wacky and weird when it was just blocky sprites running around on pre-rendered backgrounds, but now that it's HD realistic, everything has to BE realistic. Like, nobody was every bothered by Cloud and Tifa leaping impossibly high into the air during battles in the OG, but in ACC their gravity defying powers became a kind of in-joke. Thus, instead of having our impossible roller coaster coal train (and the ropeway to Gold Saucer is equally impossible) we have to have something that looks believable.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I personally didn't have a problem with the gravity defying physics of ACC. It was awesome to see and probably the highlight of the movie.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Why is the gold saucer ropeway impossible? It's just a cable car isn't it?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, there's nothing impossible at all about the gold saucer ropeway.

cable-car.jpg

cable%20car_JPG.jpg

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I mean, apart from the ropeway using propellers and jet engines apparently.

Shinra hasn't yet figured out that you can actually move the cabin with just the ropes. :awesome:

Those dumb fucks

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I would say everything, but besides Midgar, I can't wait to see a newly remade Wutai, Nibelheim, Forgotten City, and Cosmo Canyon.

Jeebus, I'm getting the chills just thinking about how it will be to revisit all of these locations I've already been to for the last first time!

Top Bottom