Can someone change my username?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
My point is there's no reason someone should need to run the risk of getting banned over something so trivial. If a user won't cooperate, remove their profile editing privileges if need be, but adding warning points is pretty ridiculous.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I realize I wasn't here for the whole deal but maybe give someone a warning if they constantly don't update it and are told to. But yeah if they just don't update it once... well that's a mistake, that can happen.

Carlos

I care not
AKA
That brown guy
Sure, just don't forget to fill in your AKA field now :monster:.

I didn't think you would actually take me seriously and im definitely not gonna remember all the question marks and shit when I try to log in.

Just change it to Spic and Span plox

you already know who I am.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
One name change a month is a ridiculous limit. If staff are so lazy that you can't be bothered to change people's names more often than that, appoint someone who will.
It's ridiculous in its leniency. How often do you change your legal name? What the hell is so difficult about keeping one name on a forum? Have I mentioned that I've used the same internet handle for over 10 years? It's your identity.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
It's ridiculous in its leniency. How often do you change your legal name? What the hell is so difficult about keeping one name on a forum? Have I mentioned that I've used the same internet handle for over 10 years? It's your identity.

I don't know what Planet you live on, but nobody should be short-sighted enough to struggle with defining peoples identities just because they've changed their name.

Also, you have mentioned that you've never changed your username before, and thats fantastic. But the point lost all impact after the first ten times you decided to enlighten us with that fact.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Just because people are stuck with the same shitty name for years of their lives unless they bother going through the horribly convoluted process of changing it, doesn't mean people should have to suffer the same fate with their online aliases. An online alias can be a sociopolitical statement of the sort that people rarely get to do with their real-world names, and restricting a person's ability to change that at will is tantamount to restricting their ability to express themselves.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
But, I have to wonder, this is one of the only sites that let you change your names very often. How do you cope on other sites you go to? I personally never see the need to. I mean, I'm not knocking others, but I've always considered names to have a certain importance to them, something to be remembered. If I changed my name all of the time, it would lose its value as a name.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Because it clearly isn't.

I've changed my name on several other message boards before, FCF, FFOF, ACF, a couple other FF fansites, and CGTALK.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Because it clearly isn't.

I've changed my name on several other message boards before, FCF, FFOF, ACF, a couple other FF fansites, and CGTALK.
This.

I think I went through at least a dozen different user names at FCF, and that's over a period of just a few months.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I meant more along the lines of websites without a similar pool of users? Yes, they do count as different sites, but not exactly the answer I was looking for. The other ones count, though.

Of course, it's a matter of background. I come from communities where changing your name doesn't occur. I understand everyone else is different.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I've never been on a message board that didn't allow users to change their usernames easily to be honest. Maybe large ones like GameFAQs won't, but every message board of this size I've ever posted on has allowed name changes pretty frequently. I think the only one that has a limit longer than one month is Eyes on Final Fantasy, and that didn't even happen until recently.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Well, I can't say I expected a whole lot from the community that gladly harbors Starfall and his just shy of blatantly illegal stalking.

But yus, I think the only board I've ever been to that didn't allow name changes was GameFAQs, like Aaron. I mostly stick to smaller boards, anyway.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Okay, two steps back please. In the other discussion thread about this, we came to the concession that we will allow namechanges, as long as they're infrequent (once a month, which is twelve times a year, which is a shitload if you consider we've got a few dozen people that want their names changed), and that you fill in your AKA field. I didn't see anyone disagree with that except from some of our staff that thought it was overdoing it, and a few members that don't see the point in frequent name changes either.

As such, back to last page. Yeah, I know SOCASH!!?!?!? was fucking around, ha ha, funny, but don't whine when people actually take you serious.

Really now, you want your name changed? Fine, fill in your AKA field, and quit fooling around.

Carlos

I care not
AKA
That brown guy
Okay, two steps back please. In the other discussion thread about this, we came to the concession that we will allow namechanges, as long as they're infrequent (once a month, which is twelve times a year, which is a shitload if you consider we've got a few dozen people that want their names changed), and that you fill in your AKA field. I didn't see anyone disagree with that except from some of our staff that thought it was overdoing it, and a few members that don't see the point in frequent name changes either.

As such, back to last page. Yeah, I know SOCASH!!?!?!? was fucking around, ha ha, funny, but don't whine when people actually take you serious.

Really now, you want your name changed? Fine, fill in your AKA field, and quit fooling around.

I will bitch whine and moan and groan as I please.

well I wont moan. though...someones mom will...

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Is it OKAY if my name gets changed back to Celes Chere

...please.

Edit: Thanks Mako. =)

Double-Edit: Sorry. I ended up not liking it as much as I thought. (at least for this Forum) I'll think long and hard the next time I want to change it. My apologies. :)

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
With the due note that it's been too quick since your last name change. Do keep that in mind, kthx.

Username

Banned
ok i dunno how long its been, but can i be changed back to 'User Name' please, david3000 is ok but i dunno who that is or was, thankyou.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Change my name back you bastards! This is infringing on my rights as a member and a blatant abuse of power!

Top Bottom