• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Captain Marvel (MCU)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'm no expert obviously but the way I see it is if you wanna CG over the costume it'd make more sense to keep it as close to what you want the final result to look like in terms of design and color so that the CG artists have a direct reference to how the light in the shot reflects off of the material and how the color looks in that light etc.
Spider-Man's and Black Panther's suits iirc were pretty much completely CG'd over in Civil War and I imagine it would've actually been harder to do that accurately if they wore green suits.
Also, her outfit has a lot of texture and like dirt and such on the shiny green parts which also seems like it would be counterproductive for a proper green screen effect.

I could be wrong ofc :awesomonster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Also, correction: Avengers 4 recently wrapped, Captain Marvel is now in the first week of shooting so this is most likely from that.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I'm positive it has nothing to do with CG tbh.

My thought is letting it ripple with color to show Carol's energy powers in action.
Or hoping it's a pre- "Marvel" suit, since IIRC, Carol Danvers is still a hotshot pilot in the MCU before the chance encounter with an alien gives her superpowers.

(Now I'm imagining this film being an accidental take that to Green Lantern, doing everything right where it screwed up.)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
IMHO the green is Kree-related since the Kree sometimes wear green and Mar-Vel had a green costume at one point as well.

It'll be the proper colors by the end of the movie.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Does anyone else prefer the old Ms. Marvel/Warbird costume? The black and yellow, not the original one?

Tbh, I haven't really cared about the character since they revamped her after House of M.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
There have been a ton of poor decisions made with the character in recent years, but I thought the revamp right after "House of M" was a great decision. She hadn't really been used much for a while prior to that, so it was this which brought her back to prominence -- and it was a good foundation to set a character upon: she simply chose to be the hero she had been in an alternate history, even with all her real history's baggage.

I do prefer that black and yellow costume, by the way, but have never really minded the other one.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I like the look of the original costume when it is portrayed without that silly tummy window/whatever (how was that ever appealing?). And sometimes I do miss the black with the lighting bolt because that was very striking and kind of badass. But I also love her current costume as well both as a better foil to when Mar-Vel wore his more iconic costume that was similar but also it has a vibe to it that reminds me of a cartoon I used to watch as a kid *coughrainbowbritecough*

As for Carol post House of M I agree with Tres: she became a stronger, more confident individual, which is something that sometimes surfaces as a character flaw (i.e. sometimes she overcompensates which imho is very relatable)

I highly suggest reading Kelly Sue DeConnick's run on Captain Marvel. DeConnick is responsible for Carol becoming who she is now and her entire run was pretty fab in my opinion. Carol is still enjoyable now although the current writer can't hold a candle to DeConnick (not that she's horrible by any means DeConnick is just on another level).

HOWEVER I admit I still haven't delved too deeply into Civil War II mostly because it seemed like a cheap cash grab and sounded horrible. Not only that but I've heard a lot of people say that story ruined Carol and I just caaaaaan't bring myself to risk not liking her anymore. :( Sometimes I wonder if the looming threat of Civil War II is what made DeConnick leave kind of like how One More Day caused JMS to nope out of Amazing Spider-Man but that's only conjecture on my part (maybe she was just ready to step away). It's probably best that she jumped ship before that all went down.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
HOWEVER I admit I still haven't delved too deeply into Civil War II mostly because it seemed like a cheap cash grab and sounded horrible. Not only that but I've heard a lot of people say that story ruined Carol and I just caaaaaan't bring myself to risk not liking her anymore. :( Sometimes I wonder if the looming threat of Civil War II is what made DeConnick leave kind of like how One More Day caused JMS to nope out of Amazing Spider-Man but that's only conjecture on my part (maybe she was just ready to step away). It's probably best that she jumped ship before that all went down.

Hey, if it's any consolation (It's not), it's not like it's the first time Carol's been utterly ruined by a shitty story only to be redeemed later through a much more competent writer.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
DjryqKyU0AApOkc.jpg:large

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
not really anticipating the movie because the cast for her is so bad, she doesn't fit it at all. the magazine photo only made things worse because they made cap marvel look like she was a sidekick of some CW show. i really like jude law but even so this is the first time i am considering not seeing a MCU movie.

Top Bottom