Catch-all R.I.P. thrad

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
1039170.jpg

I also find it funny that natural causes succeeded where the CIA did not. How many times did our government try to assassinate this guy? I hear it was over 600.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
This one hits home for me, because John Glenn was a colonel in the Marine Corps, one that we'd all heard stories about when us youngin's first came in.

I have to post this, because it's just just so motivating to listen to.

This a Gunnery Sergeant standing before his troops in Marjeh, Afghanistan, getting them fired up before doing an operation. He paraphrases Glenn's infamous 'I have held a job!' speech that he gave to Howard Metzenbaum when running for senator.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Come to think of it, my dad went to grade school at a school named after John Glenn. And this was shortly after his first space mission.

Additionally, I have to say one thing.

Fuck December 8th! In addition to losing John Glenn this year, this date also saw the deaths of John Lennon (1980) and Dimebag Darrell (2004)!

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Last edited:

RedFFWolf

Donator
George Michael

Celebrated people die every year, but the personification of 2016 as some vindictive celebrity-slaughterer appears to have solidified its basis by now.

Last edited:

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Perhaps most shocking about 2016's reputation of rampant celebrity deaths is the one name we have not heard this year (or even in this thread, for that matter); Keith Richards. How this guy is still alive, despite the massive amount of drugs he's done in his life, is beyond me.

Top Bottom