• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Catch-all R.I.P. thrad

So saddened to hear that Albert Uderzo, the artist who co-created Asterix The Gaul along with René Goscinny, has died aged 92. Those comic books brought great joy into my childhood and inspired my life-long love of classical history. They were works of genius.
QyiYJlEGUctOanoiOSprY6shPPBCMSqQRqd4fREDEwo.jpg

Guardian obituary

Thank You, Mastro. (very sad picture)

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Singer-songwriter John Prine, age 73, COVID-19.

He wasn’t a household name… except among other songwriters. Rather than try to sum up his appeal, I’ll just let some of those songwriters speak for him.

Bob Dylan said:
Prine's stuff is pure Proustian existentialism. Midwestern mindtrips to the nth degree. And he writes beautiful songs. I remember when Kris Kristofferson first brought him on the scene. 'Sam Stone' featuring the wonderfully evocative line: 'There’s a hole in daddy's arm where all the money goes, and Jesus Christ died for nothing I suppose.' All that stuff about 'Sam Stone', the soldier junkie daddy, and 'Donald and Lydia', where people make love from ten miles away. Nobody but Prine could write like that.
Johnny Cash said:
I don't listen to music much at the farm, unless I'm going into songwriting mode and looking for inspiration. Then I'll put on something by the writers I've admired and used for years — Rodney Crowell, John Prine, Guy Clark, and the late Steve Goodman are my Big Four.
Roger Waters said:
I don't really listen to Radiohead. I listened to the albums and they just didn't move me in the way, say, John Prine does. His is just extraordinarily eloquent music — and he lives on that plane with Neil Young and Lennon.
The Boss said:
Over here on E Street, we are crushed by the loss of John Prine. John and I were "New Dylans" together in the early 70s and he was never anything but the lovliest guy in the world. A true national treasure and a songwriter for the ages. We send our love and prayers to his family.
Kris Kristofferson said:
He sang about a dozen songs, and had to do a dozen more before it was over. Unlike anything I’d heard before. Sam Stone. Donald & Lydia. The one about the Old Folks. Twenty-four years old and writes like he’s two hundred and twenty. I don’t know where he comes from, but I’ve got a good idea where he’s going. We went away believers, reminded how goddamned good it feels to be turned on by a real Creative Imagination.
I could find a dozen more quotes like that without the slightest bit of effort, but instead of that, I’ll post a few songs he wrote, in whole or in part:

And, uncredited:

R.I.P. to a legend.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Sad news.

Keiji Fujiwara dies of cancer, aged 55.

Such sad news, especially since he was one of the original Japanese Voice Actors to reprise his role as Lea/Axel in KH3/Remind, and Reno in the remake. Now like Hojo, they'll need to find a replacement. Rest in peace, Keiji. You will always be missed.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Howard Finkel, legendary WWE ring announcer, at age 69.

Finkel's time in WWE was most notable for spanning the "Hulkamania" era of the 80s and early 90s, the Monday Night Wars of the mid 90s to early 2000s, and the Attitude Era of later half of the Monday Night Wars. Finkel was also notable for his emphasis on the word "new" when announcing a title change, and coined the name "WrestleMania".

Last edited:
Top Bottom