ChaosBringers, Reborn!

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I'll have to let her know. XD

Oh boy...

Ugh... Well, she does indeed have the vivaciousness that I lack for a club. Of course, we're talking about Vincent, so... :P lol

I have a headache right now, but I've been going through a depression slump again the past few days.

As for the mother of Arianna, she will get straightened out. I know what happens to her, I'm just not sure who she is just yet.

Ugh... Well, she does indeed have the vivaciousness that I lack for a club. Of course, we're talking about Vincent, so... :P lol

I have a headache right now, but I've been going through a depression slump again the past few days.

As for the mother of Arianna, she will get straightened out. I know what happens to her, I'm just not sure who she is just yet.

That she does. I talk to her a lot, and she is VERY energetic...and a few otehr choice words. XD

Join the party... I've been feeling like shit for the past few weeks.

Good luck with that.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
:lol: Well, y'know, I was gonna post something a few days ago asking which of the four humours everyone here thought they brought to the club, then I thought: "Wait, this is a Vincent Valentine club. The main humour is melancholy!"

Kam can't become the club leader! She keeps getting distracted by butterflies... :wacky:

As for Arianna's mother... could she not just remain nameless? Not everyone who drifts through our stories and has an effect on them is named, after all (I'm speaking here both referring to stories we write, and stories we live). I know it could cause contention amongst, but could she not simply be a normal person who lived a normal life, and had nothing exeptional about her?

OK, I've created a couple short Vincent related AMVs and hosted them on youtube! *punches air with fist* Unfortunately, my main one doesn't load... :( But here are the two I have been able to load! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7j9xon_Pio Vincent's Red Moon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1II-c6Q2sOw Serene Dirge

EDIT

Oh, and all this talk of what happened to Vincent at the end of Dirge has given me a cool idea for a crossover -- actually, allow me to correct myself. The idea for the crossover already existed, it was merely finding a way for it to work storywise that alluded me. Basically,
Chaos!Vincent beats Omega, Vincent's form... kinda dissolves, whatever it does
and then Vincent awakes to find himself in the Vortex World from Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

Now, some advice: in the version of Nocturne I played, Dante from Devil May Cry was a guest character (there are two other versions: one with no guest character, another with Raidou Kuzunoha from another MegaTen title as a guest). Should I remove Dante from the storyline and put Vincent in his places, or sould I have BOTH Vincent and Dante running around causing chaos (pun intended)?

2nd EDIT:

O...M...G... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=134MRRYNsf0&feature=related

Last edited:

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
Okay Manti, to that last video... I really think that I must now go try and make an AMV of that sort... O.o

And I had this random vision of him as a Turk sitting on the balcony listening to Siouxsie and the Banshees...

Which reminds me I have named my ukulele finally! I have decided to call it Chaos, because it is red and black, and I already have a lot of things named Cerberus. Besides watching me playing it, you'd think Chaos was watching me and threatening to shoot should I miss a beat.

Also I have completed almost half of an AMV of Vincent to Prisoner of Love by Utada Hikaru.

And as for the debate of Vincent or not, I vote both Vincent and Dante, because that's just how I roll.

Whether or not I am club president... I would say I am more the club's obligatory morbid, gothic comic relief. Ari, Manti, and Ravy have been around on ACF longer than I have, if anything I should also be the club
bitch
I mean gopher. *fetches Vincent cookies*

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Okay Manti, to that last video... I really think that I must now go try and make an AMV of that sort... O.o
Just search "hare hare yukai final fantasy" on youtube... seriously, there's... so much...! ^_^ No Turk!VinKyon, though.
Also I have completed almost half of an AMV of Vincent to Prisoner of Love by Utada Hikaru.
:huh: Interesting... please, either e-mail me or post a link to this song. There was a song by a pop/rock group in the eighties called "Prisoner of Love", and I'm interested if this is the same. Probably not, but there you go.
And as for the debate of Vincent or not, I vote both Vincent and Dante, because that's just how I roll.
Does a person's opinion still count if you knew what it would be the moment you considered if they would contribute? :P
Whether or not I am club president... I would say I am more the club's obligatory morbid, gothic comic relief. Ari, Manti, and Ravy have been around on ACF longer than I have, if anything I should also be the club
bitch
I mean gopher. *fetches Vincent cookies*
Well, I was in ACF the longest, but *meh*.

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
My brother you hath now depressed me. I demand Vincent snarking! And where precisely is this video, I have yet to discover it yet.

I don't think it is, but then again I don't speak Japanese as fluently as I want. Also I go the next AMV idea! Vincent to Stray from Wolf's Rain. Yes I have been on a creative rampage, but I blame the institution for creating clinical boredom called school.

I have no idea. XD

So then you should be club president. Ari can be co-president, and I will be... someone... Dunno who. What about club loony?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
My brother you hath now depressed me. I demand Vincent snarking! And where precisely is this video, I have yet to discover it yet.
Just go on youtube, search the phrase hare hare yukai final fantasy. Several different ones should show up.

I don't think it is, but then again I don't speak Japanese as fluently as I want. Also I go the next AMV idea! Vincent to Stray from Wolf's Rain. Yes I have been on a creative rampage, but I blame the institution for creating clinical boredom called school.
Still, if you link/email it to me, I'll check - the tune should be the same if it is. However, both Sting and Backstreet Boys released songs called "Shape of my Heart" within a couple years of each other, but with completely different tunes and lyrics. So there you go. :monster: Oddly though, both could fit Vincent... but the Backstreet Boys one fits better.

Link to the new vid once you've done it, please. :)

So then you should be club president. Ari can be co-president, and I will be... someone... Dunno who. What about club loony?
I pull a fifth Doctor - leave all the responsibility and work to the vice president and run off. Ari, you're still in charge - cos you're lovely and are doing a good job. ^_^

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
Okay this is awesome!!! There is a Vincent avatar in Dissidia!!! And I am using it!!!
Now that that's out of my system.

Yes I support Cosmos.

And no problem there, I just finished Long Road to Ruin and am 75% done with Prisoner of Love. Then on to my remake of Paradise by the Dashboard light. Finally I will do that one in conjunction with a special tribute for a friend.

So I've been working on my Cerberus gun, mostly finishing the paint job, problem is I can't find a clear image of it, and my Master Arts is too tiny to get some of the more intricate work off of. Pics to help a pup?

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
@ Kamui -
can you upload the icon so we can see
? I haven't gotten around to playing Dissidia yet.

I pull a fifth Doctor - leave all the responsibility and work to the vice president and run off. Ari, you're still in charge - cos you're lovely and are doing a good job. ^_^

Thanks hon. Honestly, while I don't feel that any hostility was meant, I feel that the question of who should lead the group and/or who was really the cheerleader of the group was kind of - a vote of no confidence. Which is what I feel for myself right now; sorry guys, for those of you who know me, I've just been in my usual slump. :'(:sigh: I do appreciate the kind words.

Last edited:

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
It's not that special, it's just the picture of him from VII, but here's basically what it looks like for those who haven't had the chance to play VII. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/8/81/Vincent_Portrait.jpg
In case anyone's interested.

It's also available on the SE Members site under the special Dissidia one.

*hugs Ari and bakes Galian Beast cookies* I'm almost out of black frosting so no Vincent cookies today. But I was going to make Pan de Muerto with Cerberus on it for lunch. And bonus points if you can tell me what holiday this is associated with. No points for asking why I decided to bake.

I've also got a question that's been bugging me. Why is it that in most of the pictures of Turk Vincent he's wearing combat gloves, and in DoC he's gloveless? Any ideas?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Thanks hon. Honestly, while I don't feel that any hostility was meant, I feel that the question of who should lead the group and/or who was really the cheerleader of the group was kind of - a vote of no confidence. Which is what I feel for myself right now; sorry guys, for those of you who know me, I've just been in my usual slump. :'(:sigh: I do appreciate the kind words.
Why do people keep thanking me for merely speaking the truth? *hugs*

On Dissidia...
kinda cheap how all those other avatars are straight rips the original games...

Moving on... how Chaos sounds is how I imagined the Chaos from FFVII to sound. Of course, due to DC, this is a completely uncanon idea. Oh, and the weapon wielded by Chaos?

It's called Chaosbringer. :P

Last edited:

Smaddy

Green Mage
Offhand, does anyone know if anyone has ever compiled a script of everything Vincent says in FF7? I'm trying to figure something out, and replaying the game isn't possible for me right now.

Turk Vincent... maybe he isn't wearing gloves because it's only training? Personally, I always wondered why his eyes were reddish, even as a Turk.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Two reasons come to mind about wearing gloves:

1) Not to leave fingerprints anywhere... *ahem*

2) Not to mess up his hands and fingers if he's in a fight with anyone.

As for a compilation of quotes - you could check out the vast fan sites...

As for the eyes - I'm not sure! They are brown, technically, but ruddy. Of course, this is before the beings he became fused with; I think the red only was enhanced when he was fused with the three beings.

Wait... The weapon weilded by Chaos is the
Death Penalty

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Two reasons come to mind about wearing gloves:

1) Not to leave fingerprints anywhere... *ahem*

2) Not to mess up his hands and fingers if he's in a fight with anyone.
...Ahh... aren't they FINGERLESS gloves in the artwork? O_o ShinRa budget cutbacks, perhaps?
Wait... The weapon weilded by Chaos is the
Death Penalty
Ah, my apologies... I meant, Dissidia!Chaos, not Dirge!Chaos. ^_^ Still a pretty cool addition, though, right? We're now part of the FF canon!

Of course, VII!Chaos is quite happy to tear its foes apart with claws and wings... Obviously, weapons are for wusses. (As are Ribbons [/Chaos at the Battle Square reference].)

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
XD Fantastic, and I do feel a bit better about why that is. So I did a bit of digging, thus I came across my old shooting gloves, I know that mine make sure that I can reduce the friction when I try shooting.

And I do remember that bit! Though it also reminds me of whenever I play VII and I look at the guide, "Now give X item to Cloud and you will have no trouble with this fight." Here ya go Vince! That was what I did with all of the Jenova fights. Course then there was the Diamond WEAPON fight, where I had Vincent turn to Death Gigas, and everyone else was KOed, which meant I was no longer in control of the fight.

The strange part? I won.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Art call for Vincent Valentine's birthday!

Be it written or drawn, submit fanstuff for Vincent's birthday!

:excited:

Deadline will be October 31, 2009.

Hmmmm... I'm deciding on whether to make this a contest...

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
XD Fantastic, and I do feel a bit better about why that is. So I did a bit of digging, thus I came across my old shooting gloves, I know that mine make sure that I can reduce the friction when I try shooting.

And I do remember that bit! Though it also reminds me of whenever I play VII and I look at the guide, "Now give X item to Cloud and you will have no trouble with this fight." Here ya go Vince! That was what I did with all of the Jenova fights. Course then there was the Diamond WEAPON fight, where I had Vincent turn to Death Gigas, and everyone else was KOed, which meant I was no longer in control of the fight.

The strange part? I won.
An American with a gun? :P Oh dear.

:lol: I always give said item to either Yuffie or Vincent, too. They always end up being a higher level than Cloud, due to his mako junkie days. And that in no way surprises me. Diamond is a pussy by WEAPON standards. :P

That reminds me of when I tried taking on the Midgar Zolom at a low level. I thought I'd be smart, and have Vincent turn into Galian Beast so Beta wouldn't harm him - Galian ended up the only part member alive, but was also constantly HEALING the Zolom with its Beast Flare skill. Next time, I'll try a Level i Flare...
Art call for Vincent Valentine's birthday!

Be it written or drawn, submit fanart for Vincent's birthday!

:excited:

Deadline will be October 31, 2009.

Hmmmm... I'm deciding on whether to make this a contest...
'Written or drawn, submit fanart'? :P Were you feeling tired when you typed that Ari? It's the sort of error I'd make.

I'll see what I can come up with, either a poem or a short drabble. Oh, are we allowed to enter stuff we've already published elsewhere? :awesome:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
'Written or drawn, submit fanart'? :P Were you feeling tired when you typed that Ari? It's the sort of error I'd make.

I'll see what I can come up with, either a poem or a short drabble. Oh, are we allowed to enter stuff we've already published elsewhere? :awesome:

If I make it a contest, and I'm not sure I will - yes.

I never had a problem with people submitting 'old' stuff - here's the rule: nothing that's been previously published (shown to the public, etc).

And yeah, I was distracted when I made that. I just realized it myself when you brought it up. :P I'm a weird one though, 'cause instead of 'I' I'll most likely say 'we' when it comes to talking about myself.

:huh:

... Changed post to read 'fanstuff' instead. :)

Thanks.

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
OK, just as well on Sunday I finally finished a Vincent fic I started over three years ago. :awesome: Just let me know what's happening so I know where to post it - a story that stretches to three A4 sides would not be welcome in the middle of a post in the clubs, methinks.

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
Aight, I may do Vincent in his coffin in formal wear. I've been obsessed with Victorian Goth style of late and since I may be going to a funeral this weekend I need something to keep everyone from thinking I have a personality disorder.

And Manti, it was a serious situation at the time! I had no control of the fight and was horribly under leveled! It was nerve wracking as hell, I never knew I could drain a six pack of Potion (Mountain Dew) in ten minutes. Yes that was a can every two or so minutes, but it was scary!!! KOWAI!!!!!!!

And my advice for a low level Zolom run, Bio2 items, they work wonders on the Jorumundger. (I just made the connection to Jorumundeger, the serpent that encircled the world in Norse Myth.)

Now it's off to go clothes shopping, I need a lot of good black jewelry for this weekend. Something to contrast my suit... And I need a tie also.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Aight, I may do Vincent in his coffin in formal wear. I've been obsessed with Victorian Goth style of late and since I may be going to a funeral this weekend I need something to keep everyone from thinking I have a personality disorder.
Cool, looking forward to seeing it. And sorry to hear about the funeral. :( *hugs* Was it someone you were close to? You do have a personality disorder... :P
And Manti, it was a serious situation at the time! I had no control of the fight and was horribly under leveled! It was nerve wracking as hell, I never knew I could drain a six pack of Potion (Mountain Dew) in ten minutes. Yes that was a can every two or so minutes, but it was scary!!! KOWAI!!!!!!!

And my advice for a low level Zolom run, Bio2 items, they work wonders on the Jorumundger. (I just made the connection to Jorumundeger, the serpent that encircled the world in Norse Myth.)
I always have the opposite problem with Diamond, I have to rein myself in so I can steal Yuffie's weapon from it (I think... Rising Sun?). Last time, I'd already got myself a gold chocobo and the Knights of the Round. I thought to myself, "one KotR to soften him up..." then I reset the game and tried again. -_-

:lol: Better than me, then - I only made the connection when a site I looked at spelt it out. And, I've defeated it on a low level run now, thanks.

So: Vincent's brithday is this Tuesday, the deadline is the end of this month. Am I OK to post my story here/at fanfiction.net this week and still be able to enter it if this becomes a contest? :huh:

Top Bottom