ChaosBringers, Reborn!

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
So: Vincent's brithday is this Tuesday, the deadline is the end of this month. Am I OK to post my story here/at fanfiction.net this week and still be able to enter it if this becomes a contest? :huh:

I will say: don't get your hopes up too much, 'cause it may not be a contest.

But... Yes, you can post anytime in October as long as it's been nothing previously uploaded. If not here, please come post your link to the work in question.

Ugh... I've been tired lately, and too much so in my opinion. Anyhow, I hope everyone's okay.

Smaddy

Green Mage
I've been so busy lately, and even if I could make some, I'm not certain if I want to post fanart or not. Worse comes to worse, I've got some other stuff that's cool, but not mine, to share in the group.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
I will say: don't get your hopes up too much, 'cause it may not be a contest.

But... Yes, you can post anytime in October as long as it's been nothing previously uploaded. If not here, please come post your link to the work in question.

Ugh... I've been tired lately, and too much so in my opinion. Anyhow, I hope everyone's okay.
:lol: I'm not overly anxious for a contest: it's just that if there is a contest, my meagre competitive streak would not accept me penalising myself ahead of time.

Well, here is "Guardian", my fanfic in question. Hope you guys enjoy. ^_^ Please leave feedback on that thread, thanks - it'll help me keep better track of what people think, so I can improve in the future.

Last edited:

Smaddy

Green Mage
Hopefully this hasn't been posted in the past (it's not in this thread so...). I'd like to share the best Vincent cosplays I've seen:

This one is pretty good, I saw this guy in person at Otakon this year...
V_cosplay.jpg

This one is very good:
V_cosplay_snow.jpg
V_cosplay_call.jpg
1254960733985.jpg

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
Okay I spent all of yesterday writing this! So here's a linky!

Entrance to Paradise

Slight VinClo, and a lot of randomness, but it is kinda serious. Though I think I overused some phrases.

Thanks for the pics Smaddy! That last cosplayer was totally awesome! And a heads up, here's a few pics from some of my favorite fansites:

Honeybee Manor's pic, which is a nice shout out to his original look.

Skeletons in the Closet, I'm using this one as my new background.

And last but not least Twilight of the Dark Masters contribution.

So yeah, I was rereading Divine Comedy and I realized it was kinda like Vincent's life. You have his time in Hojo's lab and the coffin as Inferno, the games and movies as Purgatorio, and the end of DoC as the start of Paradisio. Maybe I've been reading too much epic poetry lately but I just found this interesting.

Pics will accompany the fic, as soon as I finish attending the funeral for my grandmother. I may take pictures of coffins and dark drapes and things to get some inspiration for the art, also will put myself in to reference Vincent's pose. ^_^

Edit: Realizing I left you all hanging, I did in fact get tickets to Distant Worlds, the kind with the after party and bonus things. So if anyone wants pictures then let me know. I may petition to get them to do Nightmare Begins, or get lots of Vincent-y type things.

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Kickass cosplayers, Smaddy... 'specially the second one. Cheers. ^_^ Actually... the second one is creepily good... brr...

Kam, thanks for the pics. I would read the fanfic, but teh slash scares me. Plus, it says at the beginning it's a sequel to some of your other fics. :P I won't comment about references to epic poetry, as my Chaos is based in part on comments in "Paradise Lost".

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
Don't be scared Manti! The slash is minimal I assure you. And poor Yuffie, still getting treated like a kid. XD But seriously, the slash is minor, two brief kisses and that's it. I didn't put up the full on lemon version I had, because then my mom would read this and that would just get awkward. O.o

And it's just a couple of paragraphs that aren't totally essential to the story that reference the Vincent x Chaos stories I've been writing over the years. So read it and review it, Vincent gets sent on a shopping trip for socks!

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Vincent gets sent on a shopping trip for socks!
XD Don't forget the tampons... evil Tifa, poor Vincent. I gave it a quick scan read. ;) I like the touch of Marlene and Denzel calling him "Uncle". Does this mean there's Uncle Cid, Uncle Reeve and *shudder* Aunt Yuffie, too?! :P

On a completely different topic, has anyone else here watched Wolf's Rain? It's very awesome, and I bring it up as Steve Blum voices a character, with more-or-less exactly the same voice he uses for Vincent. And says some Vincent-esque things, like "Will you follow me into the very heart of darkness?"

Smaddy

Green Mage
On a completely different topic, has anyone else here watched Wolf's Rain? It's very awesome, and I bring it up as Steve Blum voices a character, with more-or-less exactly the same voice he uses for Vincent. And says some Vincent-esque things, like "Will you follow me into the very heart of darkness?"
I've seen a little bit of it. It aired on Adult Swim at one point, didn't it?

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
XD Yes, and the whole shopping list was from Bjanik, that's what I get for spending a week at her house.

As to Wolf's Rain, it did air on Adult Swim a while ago, and I thought it was a good series, but totally depressing. I thought Darcia was pretty cool so I will have to go back and watch it this way I can pick out the line. It is a good line.

Which reminds me, I have pictures of me lounging about coffins so I have reference material for my picture contribution to this month. And now I have a spider lily to pose with too, so he may be holding one of them in the picture. ^_^

Smaddy

Green Mage
I watched an episode of Wolf's Rain yesterday. I could neither pick out Blum's voice nor get into it. Another of the characters sounds like someone from AC, but I can't figure out who.

I was looking through some fanfics yesterday... boy some people have some, uh creative imaginations with their pairings. :huh:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
XD Don't forget the tampons... evil Tifa, poor Vincent.

More like evil Arianna. :P lol

Looking into her drawer, "damn it!" Hurring towards the door, then yelling down the stairs, "Hey dad? I need some..."

I can just tell Arianna would get a stern discussion about - being prepared.

And yes, that has happened to me! :wacky:

I was looking through some fanfics yesterday... boy some people have some, uh creative imaginations with their pairings. :huh:

Not Final Fantasy related at all, but: Have you looked up the Judeo-Christian-maybe-even-Islamic fanfiction yet? :awesome:

Last edited:

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
In the initial version of that story he was also going to buy underwear for her too. But then came the really scary conversation.

T: Vincent, what are these? *holds up bag* You heartless bastard! You just had to go guessing at the size!!!!

*sounds of a nasty brawl*

V: Dammit... *staggers out of 7th heaven holding an elixir after being beaten senseless*

And my thesis is green light so it's all systems go for the three pages I get to spend just writing about Vincent!!!! *dances* Nothing like philosophy on the human condition by my favorite guy!!!

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
I watched an episode of Wolf's Rain yesterday. I could neither pick out Blum's voice nor get into it. Another of the characters sounds like someone from AC, but I can't figure out who.
He voiced Darcia - he wasn't in every episode, but he has black hair, wears a mask, and has one blue eye,
the other eye being that of a wolf's

Quite possibly Tsume, who is voiced by Crispin Freeman, the voice of Rude, and Alucard in Hellsing, amongst others. Although, one character is voiced by Shelke's VA, but you couldn't tell.

...Please, may we move the convo away from "ladies things"? :doh:

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
Aight, I think I can handle a topic shift. In honor of Vincent's birthday I propose a challenge to anyone who wants to take it up. The challenge in question? A special run through Dirge of Cerberus using only the basic Cerberus model gun. You will be allowed to use the Hydra but only to take out snipers and get memory capsules, other than that you can only use Cerberus.
At least until you get to Finale Chaotic, then you have to use Death Penalty. We wouldn't want Chaos to feel left out.

Or you can take the Ultima Weapon variation. Same basic criteria, but you have to only use money to buy bullets and upgrade the Toy Gun. You will be allowed to use the Ultima Weapon when you obtain it.

I came up with this after watching my friend playing a combat knife run of Resident Evil. So anyone up for it let me know and let's get strange challenges underway!!!

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Aight, I think I can handle a topic shift. In honor of Vincent's birthday I propose a challenge to anyone who wants to take it up. The challenge in question? A special run through Dirge of Cerberus using only the basic Cerberus model gun. You will be allowed to use the Hydra but only to take out snipers and get memory capsules, other than that you can only use Cerberus.
At least until you get to Finale Chaotic, then you have to use Death Penalty. We wouldn't want Chaos to feel left out.

Or you can take the Ultima Weapon variation. Same basic criteria, but you have to only use money to buy bullets and upgrade the Toy Gun. You will be allowed to use the Ultima Weapon when you obtain it.

I came up with this after watching my friend playing a combat knife run of Resident Evil. So anyone up for it let me know and let's get strange challenges underway!!!
...Can we move the convo back to ladies things? :P

Uh, no. Seriously, if I hadn't upgraded my weapons, I'd've been killed several times over. I only managed to get through the game by memorising attack patterns of bosses... and mooks. Thank God I didn't have to start from the beginning of the game each time I got killed, or I would have given up.

So, instead, I'll dig out my Soul Calibur III create a character details for Vincent, if that's OK with everyone. ^_^

Smaddy

Green Mage
Has anyone actually ever tried to piece together Vincent's past? I'm still trying to figure it out, and I can't put the specifics together. This is what I'm questioning:

In FF7, if you take Vincent to fight Hojo in Midgar on the Sister Ray, Vincent says a few lines in the conversation. When Hojo says he is Sephiroth's father, Vincent is shocked (".....!"), and then he says, "The one who should have slept is you!".

Does anyone think Vincent thought he was Sephiroth's father throughout FF7, until this revelation?

I just can't figure out why he is shocked to find out Hojo is Seph's father, since he knew Lucrecia and Hojo were doing this experiment, and the whole reason Vincent is in the condition he is in is because he was defending Lucrecia from Hojo's experimentation.

If anyone has any opinions on this, I'd like to hear them. I think the story is hopelessly eff'd up between FF7 and DOC.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Has anyone actually ever tried to piece together Vincent's past? I'm still trying to figure it out, and I can't put the specifics together. This is what I'm questioning:

In FF7, if you take Vincent to fight Hojo in Midgar on the Sister Ray, Vincent says a few lines in the conversation. When Hojo says he is Sephiroth's father, Vincent is shocked (".....!"), and then he says, "The one who should have slept is you!".

Does anyone think Vincent thought he was Sephiroth's father throughout FF7, until this revelation?

I just can't figure out why he is shocked to find out Hojo is Seph's father, since he knew Lucrecia and Hojo were doing this experiment, and the whole reason Vincent is in the condition he is in is because he was defending Lucrecia from Hojo's experimentation.

If anyone has any opinions on this, I'd like to hear them. I think the story is hopelessly eff'd up between FF7 and DOC.
I've had similar thoughts myself in the past: however, this would imply that Lucrecia and he had a physical relationship at some point, and considering how Lucrecia switched to Hojo (by DC's timeline) seemingly straight after Vincent found out about Grimoire...

I can't think of her being that cold. -_-

Of course, if you think of the original game as being a slightly different universe compared to the Compilation... well, that's easier to handle. My advice? Don't think about it too carefully, or you may get a migraine. :monster:

Just found this old file I did several years ago when I was still in college: me and some others were doing a presentation about FFVII, and I designed a few character handouts. My idea, however, was outvoted in favour of bad cosplayer pics for people to laugh at. Still, I'd like to know what you guys think of it:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a80/Mantichorus/Handout-Vincent.jpg

EDIT - OK, it's coming up really tiny for some reason. I'll see what I can do.

Smaddy

Green Mage
I've had similar thoughts myself in the past: however, this would imply that Lucrecia and he had a physical relationship at some point, and considering how Lucrecia switched to Hojo (by DC's timeline) seemingly straight after Vincent found out about Grimoire...

I can't think of her being that cold. -_-
Agreed. I have probably said it before in here, but I don't like how Vincent & Lucrecia's relationship was presented in DOC. She looked like a complete idiot (Jenova insanity aside), and Vincent basically looked like some kind of stalker.

In FF7 they are pretty much presented as lovers, and in DOC that is completely absent -- aside from the picnic scene and the dance scene. But even those scenes seem to be pretty flirty, and nothing more. So it makes Vincent look strange, pining and repenting for this woman who barely paid any attention to him.

The Grimoire thing, I just think made it even stranger. The fact that Vincent didn't care that she was hiding this from him -- even though according to DOC they basically just sort of flirted -- just looks weird as well.

Of course, if you think of the original game as being a slightly different universe compared to the Compilation... well, that's easier to handle. My advice? Don't think about it too carefully, or you may get a migraine.
Yeah. I prefer to think of DOC either as fanfiction or eyecandy (when Hojo isn't on-screen, that is!). :lol:

I just can't help but be irked by continuity errors and blatant, huge, weird retcons. DOC was supposed to answer questions, and all it did was make it mostly worse.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I like Dirge of Cerberus for it's scenes not dealing with the past or Lucrecia at all. I also feel that DoC did a horrid job at defining Lucrecia, Hojo and younger Vincent as characters. Personally, chapter three of the game is my favorite chapter - the one when he's in Edge. I don't know why, but it showed him in a better light than some of the later chapters that dealt more so with his past.

First off, the main character, Vincent was just - ignorant. I realize he was young, and I realize we all do stupid things in our lives that later we regret. Thing is, Vincent regrets not doing something he did do! Thing was, he tried to change a situation that was fully out of his control; he did do something, and no doubt Lucrecia listened to him, but decided not to follow his words.

In the end, it's not Vincent who did wrong in the case of Lucrecia, it was all on Lucrecia. I know he loved her, but - it is (at least bordering on) an obsession. Perhaps I'm being wilfully blind to that fact - he was in love with her, and wanted to protect her fully. Eh - it's personal, as love's never worked out for me thus far. Still, it's fully annoying...

Two, Lucrecia was - agreed, not what I expected either. I can't help but feel that before DoC, she wasn't so messed up. I feel her original character knew what she was doing, had no delusions of running away from Vincent or just taking Hojo on because he wasn't alligned with Grimoire in any way. While I can't speak for physical relations between her and Vincent, Square has made it clear that Sephiroth is Hojo's son through Lucrecia.

Three, Hojo is the fountain of youth, like it (and/or his looks) or not. I mean the man hasn't changed his image in years! Hells, personally, I like it that Sephiroth is Hojo's son because it actually gives something to Sephiroth's character, in my view; at the same time, the old argument of 'Vincent's hot and Hojo's not' is just very irksome to me. So what, he's not a Chippendale! Get over it! Anyhow, that's me. Still, they should have been much more mindful that Hojo would be younger than in Crisis Core and/or Final Fantasy VII - for that matter, Dirge of Cerberus as well! They made him look the same, or just about. Poor planning there.

Honestly, the presence of Grimoire was interesting, but also very complex. It only complicated the story further, even if it gives a good reason towards Lucrecia's avoidance and sorrow towards Vincent, as well as how it is He became merged with the spirit/spirit of Chaos. I do not know the whole storyline, but in Chapter 6 (I believe) of the online mode story,
Grimoire's shown in a very dark light, to me - as I believe it was going to be eventual that the science department start testing things on human beings

Thinking on all this again, it makes me speculate that perhaps Vincent didn't want to originally work for Shinra? Perhaps his father pressed him into it? Ah well, just my thinking on things we won't know (unless it's in the Ultimanias).

Smaddy

Green Mage
First off, the main character, Vincent was just - ignorant. I realize he was young, and I realize we all do stupid things in our lives that later we regret. Thing is, Vincent regrets not doing something he did do! Thing was, he tried to change a situation that was fully out of his control; he did do something, and no doubt Lucrecia listened to him, but decided not to follow his words.

In the end, it's not Vincent who did wrong in the case of Lucrecia, it was all on Lucrecia. I know he loved her, but - it is (at least bordering on) an obsession. Perhaps I'm being wilfully blind to that fact - he was in love with her, and wanted to protect her fully. Eh - it's personal, as love's never worked out for me thus far. Still, it's fully annoying...
I definitely agree. It was all presented as being weird. The first time he goes to confront Hojo, then Lucrecia walks into the conversation was a really weird scene. I think it would have maybe made more sense had Vincent gone and confronted Hojo only. Lucrecia being there, they had that "Are you sure?" moment... so it makes his "I didn't protect her" thoughts seem kind of odd.

And yeah, I also think it looked like an obsession. FF7 presented it like a tragic love story, and DOC turned it into ... I don't even know what.

Two, Lucrecia was - agreed, not what I expected either. I can't help but feel that before DoC, she wasn't so messed up. I feel her original character knew what she was doing, had no delusions of running away from Vincent or just taking Hojo on because he wasn't alligned with Grimoire in any way. While I can't speak for physical relations between her and Vincent, Square has made it clear that Sephiroth is Hojo's son through Lucrecia.
Same. I think the biggest thing that lost me on Lucrecia is, how the hell is she a scientist for Shinra if she's that much of a wreck -- and that's before the Jenova cells! The problem with how DOC presented how Hojo/Lucrecia got together is that it clashes with Vincent's statement later on in FF7 saying, "I understand... she was trying to protect Hojo." Well, wtf Square? :P

Three, Hojo is the fountain of youth, like it (and/or his looks) or not. I mean the man hasn't changed his image in years! Hells, personally, I like it that Sephiroth is Hojo's son because it actually gives something to Sephiroth's character, in my view; at the same time, the old argument of 'Vincent's hot and Hojo's not' is just very irksome to me. So what, he's not a Chippendale! Get over it! Anyhow, that's me. Still, they should have been much more mindful that Hojo would be younger than in Crisis Core and/or Final Fantasy VII - for that matter, Dirge of Cerberus as well! They made him look the same, or just about. Poor planning there.
Yeah I thought that was weird too. He talked and looked exactly the same 30 years ago and in present-day FF7. I like that Hojo is Sephiroth's father -- it makes the whole 'creation of Sephiroth' situation all the more atrocious and creepy, and it really is a big shock late in the game when you find this information out-- even AVALANCHE is just as shocked.

Honestly, the presence of Grimoire was interesting, but also very complex. It only complicated the story further, even if it gives a good reason towards Lucrecia's avoidance and sorrow towards Vincent, as well as how it is He became merged with the spirit/spirit of Chaos. I do not know the whole storyline, but in Chapter 6 (I believe) of the online mode story,
Grimoire's shown in a very dark light, to me - as I believe it was going to be eventual that the science department start testing things on human beings
Yeah, I think it created more questions than answers. I've never seen much about DOC's online mode story... can you link me? I'd like to see that.

Thinking on all this again, it makes me speculate that perhaps Vincent didn't want to originally work for Shinra? Perhaps his father pressed him into it? Ah well, just my thinking on things we won't know (unless it's in the Ultimanias).
It's really hard to tell. When you first meet Vincent, he says how he was with the Turks, but when he's asked more about it, he clearly states how he is "formerly of the Turks". But then later on, he spends a lot of time following the Turks around, and even helps Tseng and Elena survive.

That's it. We need a Dirge of Cerberus Complete. Add in some scenes, clarify, make it HD, etc. :D

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
So it makes Vincent look strange, pining and repenting for this woman who barely paid any attention to him.
What do you mean, strange? :huh: I've done the pining bit myself, are you saying I'm... nvm. :P

Arianna, you pointing out how Hojo still looks the same thirty years on... reminds me of this dialogue from The World Ends With You (another SE game at that):
Joshua: Say, did you know? We all perceive the world around us differently, filtered through the lens of our desired reality.

Neku: Huh!? (Is this kid high?)

Joshua: So if you're wondering why a certain young lady still looks like somebody else... it's because you refuse to perceive her as she really is.

Neku: Young lady?

Joshua: The only thing stopping you from seeing what she really looks like... is
you. So you see, it's your fault.

Neku: I need to look harder?

Joshua: That's right. Let go of your preconceptions. ... When you're drowning in a sea of work with not enough time, why pour your soul into assets that get used all of... what, once? Really. Have some compassion. Ta-ta.

Neku: Whew... (What was that all about? Kid plays too many video games.)
:lol: So, let's have some compassion for the designers in this case... they didn't have enough time to create two models - Hell, Lucrecia had three (normal, crystal, white gown) and Vincent four (Turk, present day, Galian, Chaos).

With Lucrecia and retcons - Ravynne and I discussed this in Innocent Love: basically, the designers lost a sizeable amount of info regarding non-player characters between finishing work on FFVII and starting the Compilation, so they started from scratch in places, and borrowing from fandom in others.

I always got the impression Shinra was a power-hungry bastard, and really didn't care how it happened - it could be that Lucrecia has some sort of personality disorder, but also has an instinctive understanding of certain scientific areas.

Vincent stressing he was "formerly of the Turks" could just be cos a) the Shinra allowed him to be shot and put in a coffin for thirty years, b) the general attitude seems to be anti-Shinra, and c) he's joined an anti-Shinra group. :P

Oh, one final word on "Hojo can't be Sephiroth's dad cos he isn't hot enough" thing - Sephiroth looks to take after Lucrecia in facial structure. There's the mother's blood as well as the father's. Or maybe even the Jenova cells found Hojo's appearance abhorant - who knows? :P

Smaddy

Green Mage
What do you mean, strange? :huh: I've done the pining bit myself, are you saying I'm... nvm. :P
It's one thing to pine away for somebody -- we've all had one-sided crushes -- but this one, I don't know. Would you take a bullet for a one-sided crush on someone who pretty much disregards you? I had always imagined they had a little more going on, due to his strong feelings regarding Lucrecia.

So, let's have some compassion for the designers in this case... they didn't have enough time to create two models - Hell, Lucrecia had three (normal, crystal, white gown) and Vincent four (Turk, present day, Galian, Chaos).
Yeah but Hojo's kind of a big piece to this. It would be one thing to slack off on Rosso or Azul's character models, but Hojo? He's Vincent's enemy. It would be like not really putting forth the effort to design Sephiroth well -- "Yeah but we had to design Cloud, Tifa, Aeris..."

With Lucrecia and retcons - Ravynne and I discussed this in Innocent Love: basically, the designers lost a sizeable amount of info regarding non-player characters between finishing work on FFVII and starting the Compilation, so they started from scratch in places, and borrowing from fandom in others.
Yeah, I heard that as well. Still, it would take maybe a few hours to consult the original game's script, and about 5 minutes to do a search on YouTube to watch original Lucrecia scenes from FF7. I could see the cosmetic appearances, but some of the changes are pretty glaring. Square needs a Continuity person, for realz. :P

Vincent stressing he was "formerly of the Turks" could just be cos a) the Shinra allowed him to be shot and put in a coffin for thirty years, b) the general attitude seems to be anti-Shinra, and c) he's joined an anti-Shinra group. :P
That's true, too. :P

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
Goddamnit why do all the best conversations happen when I'm not around?!?!?!

Well I think in VII, Vincent learned the error of his ways, "Too much hope is the opposite of despair, an overpowering love may consume you in the end." At least in that sometimes, the best thing for a person is often the toughest decision. Vincent was willing to risk his life for his principals and love, which I think speaks volumes about him as a person.

I think that the reason Hojo looks creepy and old also has to do with what Manti brought up from TWEWY. We see reality as a filtered thing, not a definite truth. I think that the other reason that DoC has Hojo as fugly is because it's trying to portray the person as their personality. Hojo's a right old, fugly, bastard, hence why even in his twenties, he looks like his personality.

On a somewhat unrelated note about the continuity thing, for the Compilation, I think that part of the continuity problem stems from the fact that a lot of the new fans of the series haven't played the original, so they had to make it accessible to them while at the same time trying to keep the series rooted where it began.

I've got a flair on facebook that sums up Shin-Ra employee attitudes. "Shin-Ra work ethic" Busting my butt for an evil corporation."

Last note from me, I'm trying to convince my friend to make the coffin design like Vincent's. It's for a prank we're doing on Halloween, so if it turns out good, I'll do a Turk!Vincent cosplay with it. ^_^

Off topic: Manti is that Dream in the middle of your sig along side Vincent and the Doctor? And it's all bundled under a Delirium quote!

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
It's one thing to pine away for somebody -- we've all had one-sided crushes -- but this one, I don't know. Would you take a bullet for a one-sided crush on someone who pretty much disregards you? I had always imagined they had a little more going on, due to his strong feelings regarding Lucrecia.
I've never been in a situation where I'd have to take a bullet for someone, but you're talking to someone who cares little for their own life, and is non-violent. I measure how much I care for someone by whether I'd kill for them. Also, I once pined for a girl for a year after I'd last seen her. Not in Vincent's league, admittedly... :awesome:
Yeah but Hojo's kind of a big piece to this. It would be one thing to slack off on Rosso or Azul's character models, but Hojo? He's Vincent's enemy. It would be like not really putting forth the effort to design Sephiroth well -- "Yeah but we had to design Cloud, Tifa, Aeris..."
Sephiroth isn't a good example: he only has the one character model, too (excepting the one wing added in some scene). SE didn't slack off on Hojo's design: they just recycled an existing one.

I think the director/author's mantra for movies and books holds true for games, too: it's never finished. If they had their way, they'd work on it until it was perfect - but then it'd never get released. :P
Yeah, I heard that as well. Still, it would take maybe a few hours to consult the original game's script, and about 5 minutes to do a search on YouTube to watch original Lucrecia scenes from FF7. I could see the cosmetic appearances, but some of the changes are pretty glaring. Square needs a Continuity person, for realz. :P
They're not allowed net access at work, as they'd spend all their time searching for Tifa hentai instead of working. :P
Off topic: Manti is that Dream in the middle of your sig along side Vincent and the Doctor? And it's all bundled under a Delirium quote!
Yep. ^_^

Top Bottom