• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Civil War II? [Marvel]

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I haven't read any of the Civil War storyline as far as the comics go, but now I'm looking forward to this new arc.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
The first Civil War was pretty good, imho.

I'm not sure about this second one? I'm not entirely sure if I can buy some of the heroes taking the side that they do, so idk. :closedmonster:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
This is kind of why I can't get on board with the MCU. It's hard to have stakes when the sequel is announced 5 years before the movie comes out.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
image.jpg

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So… issue #0 & #1 of Civil War II have actually been pretty fucking spectacular. It is already set out to be a VERY different beast than Civil War was, and I am very much on board.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Very tempted to buy despite recently blowing all extra funds on drinking...

...but I should wait six months and just read it on Marvel Unlimited...

:awesomonster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
If it wasn't for this pesky thing called rent I probably would not have stopped reading them. :monster:

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
It WOULD be fun to have someone to chat comics with more regularly again… :awesomonster:

If you ever wanna talk anything post-Heroes Reborn up to Secret Wars, hit me up; I'm your guy :P

Except Spider-Man. Never was a big fan of his solo comic, for some reason.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
It WOULD be fun to have someone to chat comics with more regularly again… :awesomonster:

"Civil War II" is fucking stupid. :monster: The end.

Okay, I'll keep going, but it is garbage. The stance Tony Stark is taking here almost feels like the opposite of what he was doing in the previous "Civil War" plot -- and even if one were to chalk the difference up to "Secret Wars" changing everything, it still doesn't feel like a Tony Stark position.

For that matter, for any superheroes to be having some kind of moral quandary over acting on a precognitive vision to prevent disaster just doesn't ring true at all to the decades of comics in which superheroes have been doing precisely that. No one has cared up to this point. It's absolutely impossible to swallow that anyone would care now.

Also, can I just call bullshit on
She-Hulk being killed by a rocket from War Machine? And why the fuck did Thanos have guns?

This event is just more toilet paper from Bendis.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Bendis can't write Thanos. Neither can Hickman, for that matter, and he's one of the better ones.

I want some more Starlin. The Thanos Annual and the Infinity Revelation were a breath of fresh air after seeing the completely out of character Thanos in Infinity.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Stark is against it, because he doesn't understand how it works — if it's a definitive future or just a potential one, or if it's affected by Ulysses's interpretation of it, mood, etc., if he might even be CAUSING those things to happen rather than seeing them and stopping them, (and Stark is admitted to being really off his game because his best friend just died).

Also, the last foretold event involved him blowing up the Phoenix because no one around him trusted THAT particular future interpretation, soooo… I don't see why it's odd having him be the one who doesn't just implicitly trust this.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I'm really curious
when Civil War II #3 happens in proximity to Totally Awesome Hulk #8. It'll probably be explained by issue #9, but still I have a strong desire to know what Banner was up to since we just saw him seemingly at peace with himself I want to know what lead him to do the experimentation.

The whole thing set the stage for Champions fucking wonderfully though. I couldn't be more excited for that book. I can't wait to see what we learn next issue.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Still not digging this. Still don't think Tony is acting at all like Tony Stark. Would he want to understand how this works? Absolutely. Would he be saying it's not something they should use, much less consider using? Not the slightest chance.

That's a Captain America-type position to take no action on something on the basis of a hope that the writing on the wall is wrong. Tony has always been the pragmatic one who doesn't believe in moral absolutes. Tony's ethics are utilitarian -- he doesn't believe in anything being morally right for its own sake, or that humanity is meant to serve morals. Morals are meant to serve the needs of humanity.

Remember, this is one of the guys who built the bombs to save Earth-616 from the Incursions -- by blowing up other Earths.

Or he at least looks like him. In the post-"Secret Wars" landscape, pretty much anything can fly, but just because it's now feasible doesn't make it any better when we can't expect characters to act like they've been established to for decades.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Still not digging this. Still don't think Tony is acting at all like Tony Stark. Would he want to understand how this works? Absolutely. Would he be saying it's not something they should use, much less consider using? Not the slightest chance.

That's a Captain America-type position to take no action on something on the basis of a hope that the writing on the wall is wrong. Tony has always been the pragmatic one who doesn't believe in moral absolutes. Tony's ethics are utilitarian -- he doesn't believe in anything being morally right for its own sake, or that humanity is meant to serve morals. Morals are meant to serve the needs of humanity.

Remember, this is one of the guys who built the bombs to save Earth-616 from the Incursions -- by blowing up other Earths.

Or he at least looks like him. In the post-"Secret Wars" landscape, pretty much anything can fly, but just because it's now feasible doesn't make it any better when we can't expect characters to act like they've been established to for decades.

I don't think it's a morals thing, I feel it's a control thing. Tony prefers to be the smartest and wealthiest guy in the room, the prospect of having Ulyssus' visions be the first and last word on what threats the superhero community should respond to and how and when isn't something he can stomach.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
So wait like
did they kill off two different Hulks in this series? They for sure Bruce Banner but is She-Hulk really dead as well?

Top Bottom