• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Cloud Strife in Super Smash Bros.

Lex

Administrator
I am really confused by this, since VII is nowhere near Nintendo in terms of the actual game(s), although now that I think about it he appeared in that Kingdom Hearts game on 3DS and he (along with every other FF character) appears in Theathrythm.

It's just so weird feeling though. Smash Bros is very much a Nintendo thing containing very Nintendo-native characters, and Cloud is far away from that description. I don't have a problem with it of course, it's really cool, it just seems odd.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I got a feeling its due to their old ties to the old ff games that they wanna showcase the franchise in Brawl, but seeing as Cloudy and FFVII is easily the most recognizable name in the franchise, they might have focused on Cloud AND also due to possibly piquing the interest in the remake.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It's just so weird feeling though. Smash Bros is very much a Nintendo thing containing very Nintendo-native characters, and Cloud is far away from that description. I don't have a problem with it of course, it's really cool, it just seems odd.

Well Snake's a bit out there too. I know Twin Snakes came out on Gamecube...but still, not exactly a native.

But it is interesting given that FF7 represented the Great Schism of Square from Nintendo.

Ghost X

Having not played Smash Bros, Cloud appears to have an extensive moves list. Do all the other characters have such a thing? :P

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Most of them do and they have an ultimate move called Final Smash, which Cloud executes with Omnislash.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I've gathered 40 pictures for my upcoming article. That's a lot, but I also left out about another 40. :P

This one has got to be my favourite:

zV9b.png

They're not brilliant quality (video screenshots seldom are), but until we have more promo shots like the ones Tets posted, they'll have to do.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
So, limit breaks I've seen Cloud using: Blade Beam, Braver, Climhazzard, Cross Slash, Finishing Touch and of course, Omnislash. The only limit break that's missing is Meteorain...

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, I found those when researching my article, which is now live. I linked to them.

What do we think, should we publish the promo shots as well in their own article? Maybe tomorrow?

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Judging by those images, they got Cloud's eyes just right. It also seems that the summons will function a bit like assists and pokeballs, in that players have to get and use them in order to have the summon harm everyone but them.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
We once agreed that we'd make forum announcements for all our front page articles. We seem to forget quite a lot, but I made one for the two new articles.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Huh. I've just noticed it's not really OG Cloud, it's Dissidia Cloud. [/sloooow]

Man, Cloud really gets around on his dimension hopping adventures. XD

Starling

Pro Adventurer
They probably wouldn't have have been able to show us Cloud in Smash right now if it wasn't Dissidia Cloud, considering the stuff for that game are further along than the remake material. There's also the fact that Dissidia's already a fighting game so it's probably easier to use as a base.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Well those of us who have neither a Wii U or DS will just go back to playing Ehrgeiz...

Curse my broke status! Though honestly I was considering getting a Wii U with our tax return this year for Super Mario Maker, and 3D World (or Land or whatever the hell it is with the Mario cats). And I suppose a distant 3rd would be Hyrule Warriors, but if so maybe smash will join the list. Silly thing? We had a Wii U for a while but since there weren't any good games out for it we sold it back to the store.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Sweet, and me and boyfriend just bout a WiiU yesterday for my birthday-Christmas.. mostly because they had the Mario Maker bundle and I wanted it. :femrage:

So liek.. is this a new SSB to be released or is he downloadable for an existing one or wat?

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
*Blows dust off of 3DS*

Welcome back my friend...

What an awesome - and completely unexpected - piece of news to wake up to.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Damn... I may have to give in a buy a Wii-U. I wasn't actually planning on going with anything Nintendo this console generation since the only thing I ever used my Wii for was Zelda.

Though I supposed I could just upgrade from my DS Lite to a 3DS...

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Wait I just realized, it's also for the 3DS. I have a 3DS. I don't have to get a Wii U to play it. :wacky:

Buuuut I do want a Wii U for Pikmin 3..... and it'll be a big screen......

Top Bottom