Concept art from art gallery

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Oh look at that I managed to remember something! :D I had that pic as a 'mousemat' only it wasnt a fuckin mousemat it was a very thin sheet of plastic :@

Also the Hardedge is the coolest looking weapon in the game. FIGHT ME.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Is that Rufus with the President sat at the desk? That's some thorough inspecting, I'd never have noticed that.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Apparently we'll also get a look at the 're-designed' Aerith from the remake, somewhen during the Anniversary event. But who knows if this is yet another rumor or actually true.

So where did you hear this?

Sure that's not confusing with how we can see a vaguely Aerith colored/shaped person in her house picture?

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Man I really hope one day the concept art is avaible for purchase. Love the style.

It's a little after 1PM in Japan, so I would imagine we should see better/clearer pictures from those attending the exhibition sooner than later.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Gonna be the first to say that I prefer the OG's Shinra top floor. Big open pearl shit that's my villain HQ! The new one looks so cramped :(

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Huh...well I'm surprised. It's 8:30PM in Japan... and searching Twitter with "#FFVII" (or any other hashtags to get some results) has yet to yield any new photos.

Last edited:

hian

Purist
Tokyo and surrounding areas have been hit with a blizzard, so it's not very surpising if not many people have attended the thing yet.
I was lucky just to get home, and now we're basically all snowed down. My house looks like it was ripped out of Icicle Inn.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
I was thinking before about how much I've always loved Pres Shinra's "Space Desk" (I don't know what the fuck else to call it), and a lot of iconic scenes take place there early on. Although...if I'm not mistaken, we never see Rufus sitting there after he takes over, right? Then all the "evil corporate meddling" sequences are moved to the Shinra boardroom and such. That ones too blurry for me to make a call on yet, but I must say I unexpectedly love 98% of this art. I know its concept and not actually gameplay, but it still gives me hope, as I've been feeling that modern gaming had this artless, 'overscrubbed' feeling compared to the pre-rendered era I came up on.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I really do love the styling of this art. It's not all dominated by one color, really captures a lot of the feeling in each location. Hell, the sewers have more feeling than they used to.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I was thinking before about how much I've always loved Pres Shinra's "Space Desk" (I don't know what the fuck else to call it), and a lot of iconic scenes take place there early on. Although...if I'm not mistaken, we never see Rufus sitting there after he takes over, right?

He's shown sitting there while talking to Reeve, Heidegger and Scarlet about the Sister Ray right after it's revealed that the cannon was moved to Midgar.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Is it possible that we have an official update in-coming because of this? Or is this all we're getting for another 6 months (or more)?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Gonna be the first to say that I prefer the OG's Shinra top floor. Big open pearl shit that's my villain HQ! The new one looks so cramped :(

Agreed, at first I thought it looked more like somewhere in Junon. Do we have 100% confirmation that its the Presidents Office? Kinda hoping its elsewhere in the Shinra building.

Overall though I really like the way these concept arts look - definitely maintained the atmosphere of the original - but then again I remember liking concept art for AC and Crisis Core so..... :P We'll see!

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer

Agreed, at first I thought it looked more like somewhere in Junon. Do we have 100% confirmation that its the Presidents Office? Kinda hoping its elsewhere in the Shinra building.

Overall though I really like the way these concept arts look - definitely maintained the atmosphere of the original - but then again I remember liking concept art for AC and Crisis Core so..... :P We'll see!

No, but there's really no other canonical place that could be that opulent in the game.

News is probably gonna be slow to come. Tokyo apparently is being buried by a blizzard today.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
No, but there's really no other canonical place that could be that opulent in the game.

FINAL-FANTASY-VII_20160226221148.jpg
?

:wacky:

Lex

Administrator
It's definitely Shinra HQ, but I had a thought today that it could actually be this floor:

BLIN60_1a.png

It's funny how your mind plays tricks on you. I could have sworn there was red carpet somewhere near the president's office, but the stairs are actually purple. The red I was remembering is just Jenova's blood:

BLIN70_1a.png

BLIN70_2a.png

The president's office is the only place in the OG where pillars like those in the image exist (as consistently). It's most likely the new version of the president's office, though it is strange to me how faithful Aerith's house is in comparison.

Although there is carpet that colour in the conference room:

BLIN66_1a.png

BLIN66_2a.png

And on floor 60 (as above, but also):

BLIN60_2a.png

Now I'm not so sure. As usual, we need better images. Hurry up and snap some photos general public!

EDIT:

Mr. Ite said:
Gonna be the first to say that I prefer the OG's Shinra top floor. Big open pearl shit that's my villain HQ! The new one looks so cramped

As in the images above, we're coming at it (literally) from a different perspective. I'd say the pillars probably aren't any closer together than they were in the original going by the concept art, but the concept art feels more oppressive than a top down view because we can't see the roof in the original. The other OG image of the office is just as cramped looking IMO.

Last edited:

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
That is quite clearly a desk, and someone sitting behind it, and someone standing on the right side in At Attention mode.

It can't be anything else but ShinRa's 70th floor office.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
What about in Junon, IIRC the room with all the computers that Rufus and Heidegger are in during the Weapon attack had red carpet and was quite plush? Or that other part of junon outside the press room? Has a statue in it?

Top Bottom