Concept art from art gallery

ForceStealer

Double Growth
*sigh* I suppose it was too much to hope for to have non-sternum-shattering tit armor. Better brace for Tifa upskirts.

I mean...we already saw her in the remake trailer. Did you expect her art to look different?
350px-Card_904_EN_Jessie_FFVII_REMAKE_3.png

Also, though I agree on it's real world ineffectiveness, I would hardly put this in the same class as upskirts. It's not like it's a metal bikini.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
*sigh* I suppose it was too much to hope for to have non-sternum-shattering tit armor. Better brace for Tifa upskirts.

I mean...we already saw her in the remake trailer. Did you expect her art to look different?
Even more than that, we already saw her design for the original game. This is just based on that.

True, but the original design still could've been adapted to the "boob panel" rather than the "individual boob plates"

Ff7_jesse_artwork.png
567bf598387fd2981555a6dd3647a459--female-plate-armor-female-knight-armor.jpg

X :neo:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato

Even more than that, we already saw her design for the original game. This is just based on that.

Her original design didn't have her armor come to a sharp point downwards that she stabs herself with when leaning over.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I'm more bothered that she is wearing a top so tight it adheres to the inside of her belly button. That and that back view pic looks like shes gonna fuckin fall over, centre of gravity is all weird.

But honestly I dont really give a shit :monster:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Also, though I agree on it's real world ineffectiveness, I would hardly put this in the same class as upskirts. It's not like it's a metal bikini.
Sure it's not on the same level, but it's still annoying all the same. Especially when we've already seen SE avoid that design flaw with FFXIV Jessie's look

WCOHyzm.png

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I'm more bothered that she is wearing a top so tight it adheres to the inside of her belly button. That and that back view pic looks like shes gonna fuckin fall over, centre of gravity is all weird.

Hahaha. You can totally tell when people do a body sketch, do most bulky clothing as another layer, and then just colour parts of the the skin layer as inner clothing.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
FFXIV Jessie is not a good example of this. That is what all the other Ironworks employees wear whether they're male or female.

That said, FFXIV has some of the most functional female NPC character designs in the franchise.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
FFXIV Jessie is not a good example of this. That is what all the other Ironworks employees wear whether they're male or female.

That said, FFXIV has some of the most functional female NPC character designs in the franchise.

That's my point (I wasn't trying to claim that FFXIV Jessie's uniform was a direct adaption of her FFVII outfit), that we know based on precedence (with FFXIV as a good example) that SE knows how to do functional female characters armor. And the fact that they missed this opportunity to do so, just makes it more annoying.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I was more saying that almost no effort was put into making FFXIV Jessie look any different from any other random Ironworks NPC you come across.

FFVII Jessie is the opposite. In fact, she's supposed to fake out that "one of them Main Character" feeling. If it didn't look like design work was put into her character design, something would have felt off.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Female-oriented armour is always shit though. They could use it as a plot device though, and have it be the thing that kills her outright when the plate goes. Irony!

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
tbh the fact she is wearing any armour while none of the main characters are is what's weird to me

unless they all secretly have thick bibles shoved under their clothes and jesus protects them from bullets

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Final-Fantasy-VII-Biggs-Wedge-Jessie.jpg

Clearly the shoulders are the most vulnerable parts of the body in FFVII biology.

I mean, afterall...

...a critical injury there would lead to you getting dis-armed.

:bigawesomonster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Female-oriented armour is always shit though. They could use it as a plot device though, and have it be the thing that kills her outright when the plate goes. Irony!

I see what you did there :watchingu:

Top Bottom