Crisis Core -FFVII- Reunion General Discussion

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
if you can basically new game+ it, i might try

might

maybe

(or it's like ffxv where you can change difficulty at any time and there's only one part that requires beating it on normal for a digital trophy i cannot do anything with)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Crisis Core definitely has a New Game+ which carries over your materia and stuff, so yeah. It's much more doable.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
(or it's like ffxv where you can change difficulty at any time and there's only one part that requires beating it on normal for a digital trophy i cannot do anything with)

Good news, they're changing it so that you can select hard mode at any time.

A “Hard Mode” has been added (this was also included in the western release of the original Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII), which you can select as your difficulty level from the very beginning. You can enjoy challenging battles in which enemies have high HP and how you approach combat requires a bit more thought. You can change the difficulty level at any time during the game.

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/07/cri...ii-rebirth-interviews-new-information-roundup

Lex

Administrator
Still boring as hell, though.

This is the issue with Hard Mode in CC. It's a bad hard mode. There's nothing actually hard about it other than stat bloat, which is really just artificial difficulty. It doesn't require you to develop new strategies or learn more about the combat system, it just requires you to bloat your own stats to match and pray for occasional luck on the DMW if you're bad (which kinda highlights the major weaknesses of CC's combat tbh).

Remake is probably the first time I've seen SE do a "Hard Mode" that was actually half decent.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Yeah on my most recent playthrough I started a fresh file on Hard mode and it was horrendous.

The only new "strategy" I learned was how to fuse a mid-game materia with tons of HP +X%. It was the best way to survive the unblockable attacks bosses throw out.

Every other battle was just whaling on the backs of enemies, abusing the hit stun and getting criticals.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
The only good thing about it is that it makes you use Materia Fusion a lot more and think of unique combos to help compensate for the ridiculously high HP a lot of enemies have.

Hell Thundaga, Death Twister, and Blast Wave actually are quite potent and useful for stupid mobs because status effects matter and any help draining HP or just one-shotting enemies is a blessing. Like, you can just Costly Punch your way to victory but having the added benefit of status effect materia and stuff really helps. Especially when dealing with other enemies that can one-shot you.

It definitely feels like S-E's first foray in action gameplay. It reminds me a lot of Birth By Sleep. An action game that's good despite it's flaws and limited game design in terms of action mechanics.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Game has been rated by ESRB with a T rating (for blood and violence).

Rating Summary

This is an action/role-playing game in which players follow the adventures of Zack Fair, a special forces member trying to uncover a plot and save a fantastical world. From a third-person perspective, players explore various environments and towns while battling enemies in melee and occasional ranged combat. Players use oversized swords and, during one mission, sniper rifles to kill enemy guards and fantastical creatures (e.g., fire monsters, ghouls, demons). One sequence depicts a character attacked by soldiers; a cutscene depicting the aftermath shows corpses laying in pools of blood and with blood splattered on faces, clothing, and weapons. A handful of other cutscenes depict characters impaled by swords.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
You may get your wish @NaoyaShinota, CCR and EC will be exhibited at TGS 2022. Keep in mind though, this could range from showing an old trailer to having a new trailer and be playable on the floor. I'd say chances are high that we'll get something new though:

Square Enix looks set to dominate Tokyo Game Show 2022

Square Enix will showcase a number of games at Tokyo Game Show 2022, including Crisis Core Final Fantasy 7 Reunion, Forspoken, Harvestella and more.

The full list of exhibitors for the show has been released, as well as the games being shown.

Sadly, that does mean it seems Final Fantasy 16 is not set to be shown.

NaoyaShinota

Pro Adventurer
You may get your wish @NaoyaShinota, CCR and EC will be exhibited at TGS 2022. Keep in mind though, this could range from showing an old trailer to having a new trailer and be playable on the floor. I'd say chances are high that we'll get something new though:

Square Enix looks set to dominate Tokyo Game Show 2022

I like how I am mentioned when someone sees Before Crisis ?. To be honest I am expecting at least a few seconds or a screenshot of Before Crisis for the Ever Crisis part of it. but after reading that I hope to see more. looking forward to this.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
LOOK AT HIM.

harrison-ford-star-wars.gif

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
....Sephiroth doesn't have the belt. :monster:

The One-Winged Angel belt is missing here. Interesting.

The mouth movements of the characters match the dub dialogue as well. We also see there's a new redesign for Odin which.. Probably is gonna match how he'll look in Rebirth too.

The way Zack moves in battle is far more fluid and fitting for the action style combat, looking dynamic and less repetitious.

This is exciting. Looks like a fun new way to re-experience the game.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Holy crap, that visual is beautiful.

Damn, guess I found my new wallpaper :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
He does seem to have it in the key art render.

Meanwhile, the CG cutscene model when he fights Genesis doesn't seem to be updated whatsoever and is still OG Crisis Core/Advent Children based
Outside of updating how the Buster Sword looks, all the CG scenes in CCR are just rerendered versions of the original CG. There are a number of design inconsistencies now because of that, since all in-game models are based on Remake's designs.

Top Bottom