• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Crisis Core Research Thread

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Wow for the record I searched "crisis core trailer" and scrolled for an hour. I was convinced this had never been fully uploaded.

Yeah Aerith's narration and the music at the beginning are captivating. Pretty sure neither were used again. I cannot begin to unravel the potential Crisis Core had in my mind at the time of this trailer. I was a young teenager and would pace around my kitchen for hours thinking about how great this game would be. Later, I SPRINTED to the mall to pick up my pre-order after school.

Last edited:

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
Whoa, I never know that Crisis Core story is supposed to be:
"A story of three young men and one young woman bound for destiny's core"
Now, it sounds like FF7 Remake. What Cloud, Sephiroth, Zack, and Aerith would do with that destiny they break?

Last edited:

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
A bit late, but she's 1.7 meters. Don't take these too seriously though, it's measuring from the ground up to their highest point, which is where the discrepancy came with Zack..
Oh, thanks a lot! I've just looked at the other measurements in this thread again, and it seems to me that each CC model is inherently taller than the characters are supposed to be according to their profiles and stuff. The proportions look believable though.

This is the only scene where both of them are standing relatively near each other in the same frame, and she's such a tiny little bean :lol:

tinycissnei.jpg

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Oh, thanks a lot! I've just looked at the other measurements in this thread again, and it seems to me that each CC model is inherently taller than the characters are supposed to be according to their profiles and stuff. The proportions look believable though.

Yeah, their profiles would be their actual height, measuring from their bare feet to the top of their head. These are sort of rough estimates. I should note that sometimes models are the same height regardless of what they wear, Lightning in LR is the same height even with high heels on.

Last edited:

TurquoiseHammer

Pro Adventurer
6-year update on this. The max number is actually 7 if you equip the Jewel Ring or Heike Soul and kill the group of two simultaneously.
This Jewel Ring / Heike Soul trick does not work for the Goddess Keys, but it does work for the Gold Shard in the Seven Wonders sidequest.

Last edited:

grimre

Lv. 1 Adventurer
- I remembered that Cloud, in the form of a helmeted Shinra grunt, stands in that same room in the Shinra Mansion before you find Sephiroth in the library. However the disappearing bug was not triggered here even when looking through the keyhole to the west on the second floor. Clearly then the debuggers remembered to program Cloud's helmeted infantryman model to be restored after you look through the keyhole, but not the other model where he is without helmet.

- English Audio Folder .wav files, zip download (1287 .wav files, numbered 0063 -> 1349)

I have now listened through these files and can report that there is nothing particularly exciting to find here. Nevertheless here are my observations. There are a few duplicates. None of the repeated lines represent different deliveries/inflictions though*.

EDIT: In the files I were able to listen to, the audio from FMVs, pre-rendered scenes and flashbacks (a form of pre-rendered scene) were not included.

0180-0181:
Grunts by Zack for when Ifrit attacks him. However in my ears these grunts in the audio files don't match those used in-game. Due to the loud volume of the battle music and the sound effects in this scene, it is difficult to be sure. File 0182 is the sound of Sephiroth saying "hmph" before slicing down Ifrit, but you have to listen real carefully to hear this in-game.

0513 & 0514:
For when Zack jumps up from the floor in this church. File 0513 has both the sound of Zack's grunt and Aerith's exclamation, while 0514 only has Zack's grunting. It seems likely that 0514 is not used, though the sound is exactly the same as the one in 0513, minus Aerith's exclamation.

*0712 & 0713:
Grunts by Angeal and Hollander when Angeal pushes away Hollander. The two files are very similar, but only one is used. I don't know which. This may be the only case of an unused voice file that is not identical to the one that is used. But the difference is so small that it's barely noteworthy. =/

0883 (and around those parts) :
In the final game, when you decide to leave Midgar for Nibelheim, you first get the scene with Zack and Cloud meeting, then immediately followed by the scene where Sephiroth reveals where they are going. Oddly enough, in the audio files, the scene between Tseng and Zack in the Sector 6 playground is placed inbetween the above two scenes.

Nothing special aside from that, it's just very rare for the audio file order not to match with the final game.

1051, 1052 & 1053:
Voices when Sephiroth sword-pushes Cloud into the Jenova chamber. 1051 has Sephiroth's sound, 1052 has Cloud's and 1053 has a mix of both. Listening to the in-game scene, the timing matches with 1053 really well.

1086 (and around those numbers) :
Unexpected order of Cissnei sounds. Her battle grunts from throwing the giant shuriken are placed *before* her line "If you want to escape, you'll have to..."
Again, mentioned only because in all other cases the order of the audio files match up with the script progression in the final game.

1100:
Cissnei: "He... He's the other sample they collected at Nibelheim.
Zack: "Why did you come here? I told you to go away."
1101:
Zack: "Why did you come here?"
1102:
Zack: "I told you to go away."

It would be most intuitive if 1100 is the one that's used.

1110:
Cissnei: "Tseng, I've lost the target." *Zack exclamation*
1111:
Cissnei: "Tseng, I've lost the target."
1112:
*Zack exclamation*

I can't tell if 1110 is used, or 1111 + 1112.

1142:
Cissnei: "Behind you" *Zack startled*
1143:
Cissnei: "Behind you"
1145:
*Zack startled*

I don't know if 1142 is used or 1143 + 1145.
1144 is Cissnei saying "So predictable".

Files 1294 -> 1348 are not playable. PotPlayer claims that these require a different audio decoder. These files are definitely not empty and are in fact way bigger than the normal 1-9 second clips.

1349, the last file, is playable. 61 seconds long it consists only of wind sounds. Probably used for the area of Zack's last stand.
You probably have no idea how important this is back when you made this post but this might very well be a goldmine for OG VA audio mod for FFVII Crisis Core Reunion. I don't think I can get use to Zack's new VA so thanks very much for this rip.

Top Bottom