Dacon's Art

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
Re: Okay peeps

Dacon said:
I am aware of that, I did it intentionally, I already said that.
You said you gave him "a bit more color." You didn't say you intentionally made him brown to the point of bordering on a new ethnicity.

And the girl's skin is almost as orange as her hair. But obviously no one here is interested in hearing anything that isn't the resonating sound of lips on ass, so whatever.

Your use of artistic licence is wonderful. Well done. Everything is perfect. Continue on, please.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

[quote author=Ravynne link=topic=142.msg12241#msg12241 date=1233202987]
Dacon said:
I am aware of that, I did it intentionally, I already said that.
You said you gave him "a bit more color." You didn't say you intentionally made him brown to the point of bordering on a new ethnicity.

And the girl's skin is almost as orange as her hair. But obviously no one here is interested in hearing anything that isn't the resonating sound of lips on ass, so whatever.

Your use of artistic licence is wonderful. Well done. Everything is perfect. Continue on, please.
[/quote]

What the hell....

His skin is not brown. It sounds like your monitor needs to be adjusted or something. Because I'm just not seeing that. At all.

I also have no problem with criticism, which many of my friends have no problem giving. Seems to me like there's something wrong here.

No need to get pissy.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

I'm going to have to ask you to keep it respectful in Dacon's art thread, Ravynne.

Just because he, and no one else agrees with or sees your criticism, doesn't mean there are any lips on ass, and its rather disrespectful to him and others to claim as such.

Just like artists who can't take criticism shouldn't post their art, critics who can't take their criticisms being challenged shouldn't crit either.

So please, let's all act like adults here.

H

dead
AKA
Oryx, Debussy, Hatsumimi

Well, I do believe Sephiroth is shaded a bit "brown", now that I have seen the actual drawing in question. But I still don't see the "orange" in the Power Girl's skintone, nor is she far too tanned.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

MsIsley.jpg

I did this as a request from Althena about a day ago. I adjusted it to make the colors darker but it wound up looking pretty shit, so I just left it as is.

I know the proportions are a little off, but meh. Can't agonize over this stuff all the time.

I might wind up coloring it, in fact I threw some values on it in grayscale, and started dicking around with base colors in the sh00p but dunno how much further I'll be taking it atm.

wip-1.jpg

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy

What's that very squarish beard just under her lips? Or is that shadowing? Looks a little weird to me but like, she's hot.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

Just shading that didn't translate into digital format that well.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne

Now that's pretty darn amazing, though I think you lose something with the smooth airbrush shading that you do. If you gave it more of a digital paint kind of look, you might be able to flatter the outstanding line art rather than hide it. Or maybe there's just too much contrast between the light and dark zones.

http://bakanekonei.deviantart.com/
This girl nails the kind of coloring that you seem to be going for. You might want to study what she does and see if you can pick anything up. (I wouldn't recommend talking to her, though— she's got some ego problems.)

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

She's on my watch list :monster:, and not really what I'm aiming for.

Not airburshing either, just slapping values on with a hard edged brush and then using the smudge tool to blend.

I don't like the airbrush tool, just doesn't work well for me. I dunno, anytime I use it everything looks shit. I'm aiming more for an actual painted look, not that I want to obliterate the lineart or anything.

I just like to see if I can try and transform it into something new.

Also, Random sketch of Sinestro done for no reason at all:

sin.jpg

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

Another sketch I did on a whim.

This time it's She-Hulk
shehulk.jpg

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

[quote author=kunoichi link=topic=142.msg11895#msg11895 date=1233137475]
What? No picture for me yet? What the hell have I gotta do to get one?! D= (I've changed my mind about what I'd like ya to do, how's about a scene involving chun- li and vega?)
[/quote]

Fuck I just noticed this. May very well work on it soon.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

MsIsley5.png

Just threw this together. Bee screwing around with lighting and bit, and I'm probably going to work on it some more.

I realize it looks unfinished in a lot of place, but I'll get to them eventually.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V

Yeah the rendering on that is pretty impressive.

kunoichi

dead

I like the colouring there but the sketch of her is pretty sweet too :monster:

[quote author=Dacon link=topic=142.msg16817#msg16817 date=1234312948]
[quote author=kunoichi link=topic=142.msg11895#msg11895 date=1233137475]
What? No picture for me yet? What the hell have I gotta do to get one?! D= (I've changed my mind about what I'd like ya to do, how's about a scene involving chun- li and vega?)
[/quote]

Fuck I just noticed this. May very well work on it soon.
[/quote]

Aww, thank's. I wait with anticipation ;D

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

Yeah, I just finished a sketch for Hatsumi's birthday last night, so I've got some time.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

Wow, very sexy Poison Ivy. I love that one a lot.

You should've threw in Harley hanging from some vines to triple the sexiness :monster:

The She-Hulk looks pretty awesome too. You gotta color her. It just isn't She-Hulk without some green skin!

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man

iCame... Poison Ivy never looked so hawt!!

Can we has Rorschach soon?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

[quote author=Emperor Joker link=topic=142.msg19259#msg19259 date=1234919115]
iCame... Poison Ivy never looked so hawt!!

Can we has Rorschach soon?
[/quote]

Fuck that, Cthulhu would pwn all.

Top Bottom