Destrillians: R2 - Discussion

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
i don't even vaguely understand the numbering system in the least haw haw

Baldy

000 - 000 - 009
AKA
Sienna, Jenovas-Fifth, Idris
I'm pretty sure that works, with one exception-- there's 270 to 'use up,' in that way. The existing Dessies are part of that 30!

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
i can't even vaguely understand how this numbering system works

what is the second set of numbers

why does it seem so random in comparison to the last numbers
were the last numbers pre-chosen for powers?

i can't even wrap my head around it

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Terra-
Physical Strength: 10
Durability: 10
Intelligence: 5
Agility: 2
Speed: 1
Power Potential: 7
Stamina: 7
Resourcefulness: 5
Resilience: 10

wow so i have no idea what number that adds up to but basically terra is meant to be a tank who is poopy at her powers? idk when she hugs people she breaks bones when non-crippled

tank

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
this thread has gone totally maths crazy

makes me wish i could do good adding

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
It makes sense to me, but it probably will take a bit more planning. Such as, will we go into detail about what happened to all these other kids or just generalize it? Were any of these kids around to meet the current cast? Did the current cast know they would just be replaced if they were kicked out or died? Did they find themselves wondering why Ariel was never replaced with another prototype? Were there other prototypes who supposedly died that were never replaced?

I know a part of me is already wondering how I should number Emma. Did Viola have other plant-controlling Destrillians? I was going by the fact that she was probably the first Lyverious to be put in the project, not whether or not other prototypes could control plants. Because I honestly don't see Viola bothering with such a power. But then if that's the case, she probably shouldn't be #8 since her "category" would be newer.

I'm probably putting way too much thought into this. :/

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
It makes sense to me, but it probably will take a bit more planning.
I drafted up an idea of how this would all work in a notebook a few months ago, let me go dig it out so I can explain the way I always saw things going with regard to the way the Destrillians project was set up.

Such as, will we go into detail about what happened to all these other kids or just generalize it?
They're all dead. Roughly 300 kids were abducted from across the continent, they were the ones who mass population testing showed would be most likely to survive the process of being turned into a Destrillian.

Were any of these kids around to meet the current cast?
Over the course of SOME YEARS (2 or 3, probably) a central facility/internment camp was set up to receive the abducted children. Given the high mortality rate that came with initial testing and transformation/destrillians who survived the dessification process but proved fatally allergic to distrum/destrillians who proved violent or truly mentally unstable after their powers awakening and requiring termination, the camp saw a relatively high turnover of test subjects until we are left with 30 spread out over 2 facilities.
Did the current cast know they would just be replaced if they were kicked out or died?
A good portion of them probably encountered each other in some capacity in the internment camp. But their memories were wiped during the Dessiefication process, so any friendships or rivalries that might have formed become pretty null in present day.
Did they find themselves wondering why Ariel was never replaced with another prototype?
Probably not. It was a massive continental undertaking to get as many as 30 Destrillians. Going back out to find one more replacement, several years into the project's lifetime (long after the augmentation process and well into the actual soldier training) is just a waste of resources from Viola's point of view.
Were there other prototypes who supposedly died that were never replaced?
Probably not, because all the numbers are now taken up! All of the Destrillians are either the 'replacement' for one that failed during the initial Dessiefying and subsequent initial augmentation, or the lucky one that made the cut first time through the system.

/thinking too much into it :(

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
damnit alex now I have nothing to post waaah ;.;

o wait

So the 300 number would need, like Alex mentioned, to be an approximation. Otherwise, it's too tidy a number - flip a coin a hundred times and you're unlikely to get exactly fifty heads and fifty tails. Additionally, it is also unrealistic for Viola to continue to assign children to doctors who have lost a large number of prototypes. Yeah, some things can't be controlled - distrum allergy - but other things CAN, such as behavioral modification, discipline, etc. There are ways to deal with violent subjects - as proof, Fiona wasn't disposed of. :monster: but that means stuff like someone getting 32 prototypes before they got their ringer is something that, TO ME, seems extremely unlikely.

That's not to say that each doctor used their allotted ten shots (for purposes of averaging, mind), either. Suppose one doc got lucky number one, and another got three in before hitting gold. That means there's now sixteen more children to go around for the other twenty eight doctors. But numbers, and I'm using Mumble as an example here (sorry ;.; ) like forty three are not only using up an awful lot of what we have to go round (that's fourteen percent of the total kids) seems like way too much.

Also, do try and keep in mind with your power ratings that 5 is average. We can't have a ton of characters with numbers that are high in the same area, because then the rating ceases to have a meaning :P (looking specifically at speed here, where something like 9 of the 15 numbered characters have speeds of 7+). ALTERNATELY, we could simply work in the opposite direction, and take the 'these three are the best at [this stat], and they get a 10, and then these three are the next highest, so they get a 9, and so on' route.

THOUGHTS?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I think your point on having too many of one prototype makes a lot of sense. Wouldn't Viola just ditch it for cost-effectiveness or even the risk of abducting too many children and drawing in too much attention?

And knowing that five is average for stats helps with having a platform to go from. I was thinking it might be too weak.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
i just dont know why we have these stats at all i mean yeah its cool and all but like the special cool interesting dessies have already been chosen so i dont really know what the real purpose is besides just being fun

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
risk of abducting too many children and drawing in too much attention?
I don't think this was ever really considered to be an issue really. Approximately 300 kids went missing over the course of 2 or 3 years from across an entire continent. Not the kind of mind blowing statistics that make newspaper headlines.

I also agree with everything Kimble said.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Well, at least one of them got sold by his father, and another ran away from home TO Viola :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
All you need is a mysterious looking man with a van/sack. Not as expensive as some may thing.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I had something else to post and forgot what ;.;

O RIGHT

about the powers thing: no, they weren't shooting for particular powers, or giving a specific doctor the kids that got power X. It was just sort of random. One day a doctor might be working with a water kid, and the next one they might get after putting them down could be wind.

although personally I also thought it was just 'let's dessify this kid' and then when it failed, they went to the next one; didn't know they did the whole batch at once

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I think there were a couple of individuals who were already starting to manifest their powers already before they were picked up by Viola; if so they probably would have been kept an eye on much earlier.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
God damn it now i have to cut Tao's count down to 12 X( I mean the 12th person to undergo her type of power.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
A note on Animus code numbers and Animus generations: all code numbers given to generation I Animus were rescinded when the kill order was given (as they knew they were going to move onto a completely new gene coding method). However, where GenI Animus are found to have survived, their old code number has been reinstated, albeit with GI pre-modifier (eg, a GenI Animus who had the code number 07 who was found alive would be referred to as GI-07).

The GenI Animus only reached a few score in numbers (not specified yet, but let's say there were 89). The GenII Animus were created in their hundreds. Around one thousand embryos were created, but only a few hundred were actually born, and more than a few died in infancy. And of those that survived that long, most died one way or another during the Night of the Rage/Hunger. Therefore, there are quite a few gaps in numbering. Also, each batch came from a single animal donor. For instance, the Wyndham pack to which Kaden belonged were from one wolf's DNA, and ten embryos were created (031-040). Only seven were born (033, 036 and 039 invalid), and only five survived infancy (032 and 037 ultimately rejected the genetic grafts). As of Night of the Rage, Kaden and Lani are the only two survivors.

Also, neutered Animus - those who had the ability to transform repressed - have been given new numbering based on when they have the treatment done. Thanatos for example is N000, as he was the "prototype" neuter (in fact, several underperforming Animus were subjected to the treatment before they were confident enough to try it on a more promising subject).

And out of interest, before I specify Kade's stats, could we have an example of the human average, please? Thanks (although basically, Kade's a lightning bruiser with training in guerilla fighting).

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I think there were a couple of individuals who were already starting to manifest their powers already before they were picked up by Viola; if so they probably would have been kept an eye on much earlier.
emma is only one person

even if she does have a scary alter ego

Baldy

000 - 000 - 009
AKA
Sienna, Jenovas-Fifth, Idris
Jeff, how do you mean the kids started to manifest their powers beforehand?

I agree with 100% of what Keen has said, right down to the fact that they did the dessifications a few at a time instead of the entire ~300 at once. Too much to handle, methinks. Also, it's ridiculous to have characters who have 40 or 50 tries beforehand. (This coming from a girl who sort of wanted SOMEONE, anyone, to be that ONE PERSON who had like 100 tries beforehand. Like Thetis or something lol.)

As an example, I think Fiona ought to be the person who has the most tries beforehand, for two reasons: fire is one of the most dangerous and volatile, but more importantly, it is also a basic element. The point of the Destrillian powers is that they're like... reeeeeeeeally watered-down versions of the Lyverius powers, and a lot of things stem from the four basic elements. (Which also explains why there were more than one success in most of those elements.) Combine those two things, and it's quite likely that it'll manifest a lot in children... and then rip most of them apart. XD

I think a detailed explanation of the Dessification process would be helpful here. Alex? :awesome:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
so basically it's like (facility number)-(number of kids it took to make sucessful)-(prototype number)

my only question is why the second one would be a three-digit allotment since everyone seems to be reasoning that this would be essentially impossible, unless it was actually the number of kids it took overall in the span of the whole project before this prototype was sucessfully made

Top Bottom