Destrillians: R2 - Discussion

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
................................................................................

This is the part where I change ALL the plot while nobody is looking.

O:3
Next time, on SUPER DETECTIVE IDRIS!!! :awesome:

I'm doing an archaeological dig in my rooms this week, as we've had short notice of an inspection. I'll be sticking my head in every day, though, so leave a note here or on my profile if y'all need me. :)

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
................................................................................

This is the part where I change ALL the plot while nobody is looking.

O:3

I am eternal

<.<

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
thus it came to pass that on the stroke of midnight of 8/3/2012

i posted a thing

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Shouldn't we wait until we are done with Aftermath before we restart Awakening?

I mean like, we finally got a groove back, don't you think this might be piling on a little too much?

We don't want to have a burn out and go another year with hardly any posts. :(

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Tennyo, you have my absolute word that, should that happen

I will find and kill you all.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
All joking aside, I'm just afraid that if it happens again there won't be any coming back.

Also, I think there needs to be more discussion and inclusion of everyone on the rewrite. If you guys have been discussing it lately no one told me.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah it all seemed rather spontaneous to me :monster:

COOL
but
spontaneous

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
All joking aside, I'm just afraid that if it happens again there won't be any coming back.

Also, I think there needs to be more discussion and inclusion of everyone on the rewrite. If you guys have been discussing it lately no one told me.
In the spirit of Mass Effect, on your first thought, I'm going to go ahead and dismiss these claims. It's not going to happen, so don't be afraid :P

On the other - I somehow rather doubt that's the case, if for no other reason than that the obvious chances of something that contradicts the present being written for the past would be rather high without a sizable amount of cooperation and communication. In short, I don't think anyone is being left out of the loop. In fact, having read the post made in the 'what makes your day' thread, I am assuming that this is simply the introduction to Destrillians post.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Shouldn't we wait until we are done with Aftermath before we restart Awakening?

I mean like, we finally got a groove back, don't you think this might be piling on a little too much?

We don't want to have a burn out and go another year with hardly any posts. :(

Don't get me wrong, Aftermath is still definitely the priority.

Given that Aftermath is several times the size of Awakening, I reckon that waiting around for us to finish one before we even get around to writing the beginning of the story to be a bit impractical. Especially since we're still stumbling around in the present without any canonised idea with what actually happened in the prologue. I was getting a bit tired of that, personally :P

This won't have the same kind of rapid update schedule that Aftermath has either. At least, I hope not. More just like something we can update slowly between us lot with lots of communication to make sure that nothing ends up contradicting what we've already written. There's been a rough idea for the basic plot (that might be giving it too much credit, some big, loosely connected ideas might be better) for a good while now, and it seems like as good a time as any to start putting Awakening into action.

I'd have started a discussion thread explaining all this last night, but I was incredibly tired and full of steak and ale pie.

:(

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Regarding awakening, I would recommend a group discussion of the relevant parties would be a good idea sometime soon so everyone can weigh their thoughts in and come to a consensus on the basic framework, then everyone can go away and start planning ahead and sorting out those intro posts at their leisure.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Maybe a new topic?

I could whip one up with everything we know so far about the basic plan later tonight.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Personally, I fail to see the issue or the problem with getting this moving. It wasn't going to write itself, and if the very first post was something that needed everyone's input, it wasn't going to get done anytime soon. This was something that absolutely needed to get done, and the sooner the better, because, regardless of what comes next, we now have supplied something that SEVERAL people, both in and outside the RP, have asked for - a basic introduction to Destrillians.

Calm down, folks.

ps: wasn't discussed with me, either :flipmonster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Don't get me wrong, Aftermath is still definitely the priority.

Given that Aftermath is several times the size of Awakening, I reckon that waiting around for us to finish one before we even get around to writing the beginning of the story to be a bit impractical. Especially since we're still stumbling around in the present without any canonised idea with what actually happened in the prologue. I was getting a bit tired of that, personally :P

This won't have the same kind of rapid update schedule that Aftermath has either. At least, I hope not. More just like something we can update slowly between us lot with lots of communication to make sure that nothing ends up contradicting what we've already written. There's been a rough idea for the basic plot (that might be giving it too much credit, some big, loosely connected ideas might be better) for a good while now, and it seems like as good a time as any to start putting Awakening into action.

I'd have started a discussion thread explaining all this last night, but I was incredibly tired and full of steak and ale pie.

:(

I suppose steak and ale pie will do that to you (not that I've ever even heard of ale pie but I think I can take a guess and what it is :P).

That does set my mind at ease. For a sec I was just getting worried that we were trying to do too much at once.

Personally, I fail to see the issue or the problem with getting this moving. It wasn't going to write itself, and if the very first post was something that needed everyone's input, it wasn't going to get done anytime soon. This was something that absolutely needed to get done, and the sooner the better, because, regardless of what comes next, we now have supplied something that SEVERAL people, both in and outside the RP, have asked for - a basic introduction to Destrillians.

Calm down, folks.

ps: wasn't discussed with me, either :flipmonster:

Yes, however, it would have been nice to know it was coming first. I'm not saying we all gathered around a PP and type it line by line taking turns, but just a general shout that it was happening and (maybe) a small discussion between the people who were involved in season one (or better yet all of us if we are going to be working season two concepts into it) would have been nice.

Remember that Destrillians is a group project, not something that is just run by a couple people while the rest of us just tag along. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that it is at the very least announced to everyone when something big like this is going to happen.

Not that I'm saying it's a bad post or anything. It was very nicely done. But coming out of the blue like that was kind of a shock.

---Now for something completely different yet still Destrillians related---

When working on posts in the Pirate Pad, could you all please contact people when you need them before you begin writing their character?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
It's something that's been a topic of discussion for well over a year - I'd say that's plenty of time to know that something the readers that we do have have been asking for is being done. Not to mention the fact that it didn't actually need anyone else's input. Awakening hasn't been rewritten yet. Nobody has been left out of the loop. Nothing is being done without the parties involved's awareness.

It seems to me that the reaction to this post has been one of panic, and undeservedly so. Do you think that Alex didn't take all of this into consideration already? Like I said, I wasn't made aware of this before seeing it posted, and I back it 100% - not because we're friends, but because it is sensible and logical. And I also fail to see where making other people aware of this post's creation would have changed anything. =/

Top Bottom