Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
something I don't get, maybe someone can explain? You'd think as soon as Cloud found out Sephiroth was his comrade, he'd have gotten the fuck out of there. Why did he wait?... did he only remember Tifa and not Sephiroth or something? I'd assume he'd remember both. Or was he afraid of chaos?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Maybe it's that Terra wasn't directly killed by them, she was just exhausted from fighting them and passed out after she made it to Cosmos.

WoL said she was wounded while fighting, though, so it was more than just exhaustion. Plus, she's among the bodies lifted into the air in the final shot of the ending, and she doesn't have memories of 012 during 013, so she definitely died.

And like ShikamaruNara said, it's not really any different from how Lightning went down.

The only explanation I can fanwank is that because she belonged to Chaos' side at the time, the same rules didn't apply to her. Arbitrary as that is, it's no more arbitrary than the rule about those killed by the manikins staying dead.

By the way, everyone, someone on YouTube by the username ShiroSora445 is uploading all the Reports:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ShiroSora445

You can see Kain without his helmet in Report 10, by the way.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
The latest one is pretty wierd. WoL just popping into existence midwar, though his helmet hasn't materialised yet.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Oh god, I'm going to sound like a fucking terrible weabo but,

what the fuck English voices? It sounds like its being narrated by a muppet that's been smoking since birth.

Actually that part is pretty cool.

But anyway, Laguna sounds... I dunno. Off? I can't put my finger on it. Also, I always liked Rachel Leigh Cook as a VA for Tifa, but now I see where all the criticism comes from. It's waaaay to soft/sweet right there.

But I still love Lightning's voice I even like her better here than she did as Liara, more than her original Japanese voice. And Vaan's seem to have gotten better (older?)

Last edited:

Strifegirl

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Melichan
Oh god, I'm going to sound like a fucking terrible weabo but,

what the fuck English voices? It sounds like its being narrated by a muppet that's been smoking since birth.

Actually that part is pretty cool.

But anyway, Laguna sounds... I dunno. Off? I can't put my finger on it. Also, I always liked Rachel Leigh Cook as a VA for Tifa, but now I see where all the criticism comes from. It's waaaay to soft/sweet right there.

But I still love Lightning's voice I even like her better here than she did as Liara, more than her original Japanese voice. And Vaan's seem to have gotten better (older?)

I've never liked the english voices xD sometimes they sound like they are trying really hard to impress the viewers with their weird accents =___= they sound like overactors to me D:

That's why I preffer the japanese voices :3 but that's just me :monster:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Hmm...I've never seen Rachel do that soft a Tifa before, so it might just be a few lines here and there. At least I hope so cause that was shit.

Kain sounds awesome though <3

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Rachel always sucked, welcome to my world.

Also, fuck this game. Tifa has to be saved on two separate occasions. This annoys me. Those of you who have watched/read substantial amounts of info about this game does she have any really good moments of individual strength?

I doubt Lightning has to get rescued repeatedly.

SkyGrinderomnislash7IV

Pro Adventurer
Rachel always sucked, welcome to my world.

Also, fuck this game. Tifa has to be saved on two separate occasions. This annoys me. Those of you who have watched/read substantial amounts of info about this game does she have any really good moments of individual strength?

I doubt Lightning has to get rescued repeatedly.
Yeah but your gonna get it right, I mean end of the day it's the gameplay.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
If Dacon still gets this game, I will officially conclude I am incapable of reading him. I'm surprised he even follows it, honestly, although I know he hates it when people say stuff like that...but still.

That narrator is pretty awful, what happened to the first guy? He was generic, but he sounded less goofy. Besides that though, the voices all sound fine to me. I'm not sure I ever had a voice in my head for Laguna anyway, Lightning, Vaan, Yuna were all always good in my opinion. Kain sounds good, and I like Cook as Tifa and it'll take a bit more than 3 words in a trailer before I change my mind. With as loud as the music was mixed I couldn't even hear what she said.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Dissidia's passable gameplay isn't enough to justify a purchase of it at full price. It's either the whole package or no package as far as I'm concerned.

I may get it in the future for the hell of it if I have money to spare.

Cloud S informs me I can fix the shitty voice acting myself :monster:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Cloud S informs me I can fix the shitty voice acting myself :monster:

Yeah, there's an "undubbing" program for the first game, and Crisis Core for that matter. I spoke the creator a few months back, asking if he planned to make one for 012, he said he might. That said, you need custom firmware to run the modified game. What these programs do, is correctly replace each audio file with it's Japanese counterpart, although depending upon what, if any changes are made to the game between regions, you can wind up with some extra dialog (ie. the original Dissidia had Shantotto speaking in English in a few cut-scenes, and the new part at the beginning with WOL and Firion had no JP audio to be replaced with).

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
If Dacon still gets this game, I will officially conclude I am incapable of reading him. I'm surprised he even follows it, honestly, although I know he hates it when people say stuff like that...but still.

Because he enjoys bitching about it, same reason anyone follows something or someone they claim to hate. That or he's just putting on an act and is actually liking what he says. Either way, pft.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
You know the voices aren't what bother me so much, it's the dialogue. "That doesn't concern you at the present time!"

Who TALKS like that?

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I know. SE can do really great translations when they try - remember FF12. Then again, having read translations of the original Dissidia I think even those guys would have trouble spinning good dialogue out of the original Japanese. A lot of the scripting is simply corning and lame. Why I passed the cutscenes looking up Esper Terra hentai and read the game script later....er, I mean...

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I do have problem with the narrator and Kain being so ridiculously overdramatic with their lines. The girls are as voiced as usual, I'll withold judgement on Laguna and Vaan for now.

Is anybody here NOT buying this game ? I just can't stand the Lighting favoring, it's ridiculous. :@

I am not. The only aspect that peaked my interest was the chance to play as Tifa. I like her fighting style and limit breaks.

But this is not enough. Poor writing, so-far uninteresting FMVs, and the fact that this game is more like a prologue chapter *attached* to the original game removes all my desire to buy this game.

SkyGrinderomnislash7IV

Pro Adventurer
I hope you all realize that by fighting game standards, this games story is great, and that it is packed with content. As a fan I see no reason not to buy it. I want those who have complained about the story, to some how devise a coherent plot for such a ridiculously implausible cross over.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I like it when people proclaim they aren't buying a game. Makes me laugh because it's their loss far more than it is the company's, yet they usually say such so defiantly as though it's some sort of big statement.

Okay, you guys be happy with your thirty dollars. I meanwhile shall be happy with my rebalanced gameplay, Assists, Laguna, Kain, Aerith and world map.

While it is true that fighting games in general lack story, this is Final Fantasy we are talking about. I am wishing for a deep, engaging story such as that of the original games. In other fighting games I may not have this same expectation.

I like it when people proclaim they aren't buying a game. Makes me laugh because it's their loss far more than it is the company's, yet they usually say such so defiantly as though it's some sort of big statement.
While I certainly understand how cliché this proclamation sounds, to me it is an important statement because I have decided not to buy the game simply out of my obligation as a fan of Final Fantasy. I was thinking for a while that I *had* to get this game because, well, it involved the FFVII characters. But I don't want to buy a game out of obligation.

Okay, you guys be happy with your thirty dollars. I meanwhile shall be happy with my rebalanced gameplay, Assists, Laguna, Kain, Aerith and world map.
That's good for you. Each to his own. But to me the rebalanced gameplay is not enough. I also know that, like with the first Dissidia, I will play it for a while and then never pick it up again because of this inconvenient ad-hoc business which is required to fight other Dissidia players.
If this new Dissidia had true online capabilities then maybe I would have bought it.

Top Bottom