Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

Splintered

unsavory tart
Wow, they're really pushing out the alt costumes dlc. Not that I'm complaining (although I really should hurry and redeem my KH!Cloud).
●「FINAL FANTASY VIII」BGM3曲セット
・Liberi Fatali
FUCK YES.

Favorite FF song.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
What I honestly want, though, is the possibility for us Europeans to get Cloud's KH costume and all that. (Lightning's Aya Brea, too, but it's not THAT interesting, to me, I'll admit).

Also, there's going to be lots of DLC for this game, believe me... they really are going to stretch it as much as they can.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Wait... I never heard of this. o___o What do you mean?

In the first Dissidia the AI didn't really know what to do with Exdeath. He pretty much teleported around harmlessly. So you could pump his level as high as you could, and attack exclusively with HP attacks even with a level one character and level up pretty quickly.
Now his AI actually attacks you :(

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
What I honestly want, though, is the possibility for us Europeans to get Cloud's KH costume and all that. (Lightning's Aya Brea, too, but it's not THAT interesting, to me, I'll admit).

Also, there's going to be lots of DLC for this game, believe me... they really are going to stretch it as much as they can.

yeah and aren't we getting that with the 3rd: BD twisted edition?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
In the first Dissidia the AI didn't really know what to do with Exdeath. He pretty much teleported around harmlessly. So you could pump his level as high as you could, and attack exclusively with HP attacks even with a level one character and level up pretty quickly.

Now you just do it to Gabby instead because his AI's a dumbass at anything below 5. He just EX charges, and then you play keepaway for 10 seconds when he goes EX.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
eY5Tva1x4ka8D96qNbLN5iy686Bp5k18.jpg

LOL! A bit weird seeing a knight with a rifle, but looks cool either way...

ANZ59eL3ylik1c5FvFTVH6AELjDX24Ve.jpg

Meh! I would have prefered the original one restyled for the Compilation a lot more than this overdone thing.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami

WHY DIDNT I KNOW THIS WHEN I HAD DISSIDIA :sadpanda:

In other news, I was playing Firion's story, and I was almost at the end. In the text dialog, Cloud told Firion they'll be waiting and to 'not even think of fighting Chaos by himself'.

...look who's talking, Cloud. :awesome:

I'm just wondering if anyone has a screencap of this, because I forgot to take one and CBA to play through Firion's story again. :monster: TY

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
In other news, I was playing Firion's story, and I was almost at the end. In the text dialog, Cloud told Firion they'll be waiting and to 'not even think of fighting Chaos by himself'.

...look who's talking, Cloud. :awesome:

If anyone would know, It's Cloud. He took Chaos to the face, after all.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Yeah, that was one of those gameplay moments:
Beat Boss. Die anyway.

I guess we can conclude that Cloud was talking from experience there. Does he retain his memories from 012? If not, then it's just ironic.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
DP for Terra

I approve. :monster:

STOP

DLC TIME:

●「FINAL FANTASY VIII」BGM3曲セット
・Liberi Fatali
・The Landing
・Shuffle or Boogie

eY5Tva1x4ka8D96qNbLN5iy686Bp5k18.jpg

MP8fE4fEloEF9Q6w4j9b6tFIjOqTtt8j.jpg

Hellz yeah!

Oh for the love of -- we still need Cloud's Shin-Ra grunt uniform and Squall's SeeD cadet uniform, and they're wasting time with more KH shit.

And is it just me or did Seph's sword get longer yet again? I swear it's eventually going to be the length of the fucking Sister Ray.

HOW THE HELL DID CLOUD, TIDUS AND TERRA GOT THE CRYSTALS, IF THEY NEVER GOT COSMOS' POWERS TO BEGIN WITH????????? THIS PLOTHOLE IS AS BIG AS THE VOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tidus's profile in the Museum says he received Cosmos's light when Jecht transferred it to him:

"Tidus inherits Cosmos's power from Jecht and avoids slipping into oblivion."

Terra most likely received it when Cosmos imbued her with that light at the end of the cutscene from Report 2.

Cloud most likely got his in the first cutscene of Report 7, when a similar light to that given to Terra rises off of Cosmos when she calls Cloud "My chosen." His profile does say that she rescued him as he was disappearing, so it's basically the same scenario that happened with Tidus: discorporating into dark smoke, dies, then Cosmos's power goes in and changes their alignment before they can fully vanish.

By the way, if anybody's interested in having a transcript of the English version of the game, I'm working on it. I have all of the Treachery of the Gods story transcribed, some of Light to All, some of Confessions of the Creator, all of the text-based portions of the Reports, all the cutscene segments of the Reports except for those from Reports 18 and 19, and all of the Dissidia-related parts of the characters' profiles.

If anyone would like to contribute to this effort with videos or by typing up some stuff, what I'm still missing:
-Rest of Light to All (don't worry about this; I'll get it off of YouTube as it becomes available; pretty easy to just cut and paste the pre-existing script I did for the first Dissidia to fit this abridged version of things)
-The Summon Compendium profiles
-The halves of the character profiles that talk about their roles in the games they originated from. The only characters I have complete profiles for are Sephiroth, Gabranth and Shantotto (thanks again, ForceStealer)
-English text from Report 18 and 19's cutscenes
-Everything from Confessions of the Creator prior to where
Cid starts talking about Chaos going batshit in cycle 018

It kind of sounds like there's a lot still to go, but there's really not. It's just a tricky matter of getting that information sometimes.

Also, on the matter of the review/story analysis/plot FAQ that I promised to put up on the frontpage here: it's all but done. It really should be postable now, but there are two things holding me back: 1) I need to confirm some text from Confessions of the Creator that supposedly says
Shinryu will completely absorb warriors after they accumulate a certain amount of memory/experience
, and 2) people on GameFAQs are saying that the FFVIII-related portion of Ultimecia's profile calls Ellone a sorceress/witch.

That's obviously not the case for a number of reasons, and, were it the case, would cause FFVIII's entire story to fall apart. So I need that text from both the Japanese and English versions.

I'm thinking ("hoping" would be the more accurate word) that it's just a mistranslation, kind of like how "hikari no senshi" is "Warrior of Light" in Report 7 instead of "Warriors of Light," and how "manikins" is written in the plural in one part of Report 16 when it should be written in the singular (it actually is an important distinction there).

Or maybe someone on the localization team used a word they thought would be helpful there without understanding its full significance to FFVIII's setting.

But, yeah, otherwise, I have a Word document that's about 25 pages long ready to post whenever I get this little bit of missing info.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Do EET. While I don't mind taking up the frontpage, we've had the same article up for a third of a month now, and it's technically a tangent.

Though it does remind me, must actually get around to DOING the Job system retrospective sooner or later.

Splintered

unsavory tart
and people on GameFAQs are saying that the FFVIII-related portion of Ultimecia's profile calls Ellone a sorceress/witch.

That turned into a shitfest. I always thought we were suppose to think Ellone was a sorceress/witch but I guess not.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I have yet to hear that Shinryu completely absorbs the warriors themselves. I believe he just absorbs their experience they obtain during each cycle. Anyway, I'd be happy to type out some Character/Summon files for you.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I have yet to hear that Shinryu completely absorbs the warriors themselves. I believe he just absorbs their experience they obtain during each cycle.

That's what I thought as well, but I've saw two different people say it at this point, so I really must try to confirm it.

ShikamaruNara said:
Anyway, I'd be happy to type out some Character/Summon files for you.

I'd be happy to give you oral if you did. :monster:

I'd feel like an asshole to ask you to do more than two or three (unless of course you have the means to make a video, in which case I'll bug you endlessly :awesome:), so right now the ones I want most are Ultimecia, Garland and Shinryu's complete profiles.

Thanks so much for offering to help. :monster: Let me know when you want that sexy time.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I'm not up to those points yet (Chapter 10, cycle 12, Lazy me), but I can record off my PSP if you need anything in particular.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Awesome sauce!

When you get to Confessions of the Creator, would you mind recording that shiz? I also imagine I'll still be needing a number of Museum profiles by then as well.

I can get by on just the three I asked Shik about for now (completing the article for the frontpage here is top priority), but, yeah, to complete the script, I'll need all of them.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I'll get you Ultimecia and Garland later today (in a good labyrinth run right now, don't want to give it up), Shinryu I probably won't unlock till I complete 000.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
BTW, Tifa's feints are beastly.

They can Bypass ExDeath's superguard with the right timing, and get INSIDE several of his attack radii.

I'm definitely going to grind some today to master her Moveset and get her at least the perfect Auto EX Burst ability.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
^A good plan, I can never get all Yeahs :sadpanda: I always get all but the last one. But yes, Tifa's damn good if you practice with her.

Yesterday, today, and the whole weekend are EXP days....I think the game knows I have a test on monday that I need to study for :(

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Here it is:

the Great Will: "I thought Shinryu's purification was the power to revive the dead. But in reality he was absorbing the experience of warriors that had yet to die, returning them to fight. Once a warrior had no more to give, he was erased, no matter how honorable he was. I felt as though I was tricked by Shinryu. But there was no stopping the ruthless cycle..."

He says this in the first gateway of the little road of floating rocks you take to march on Chaos' throne.

Top Bottom