Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
From FF-Reunion.com

Scan from Weekly Shonen Jump.

(I'm using google translate until one of our translators can do it proper.)

Jump on sale next week, "DISSIDIA duodecim [012] FINAL FANTASY" the new information? FF8 from how "Laguna Reuaru" war is decided! From the description below "FF8 war hero who Have another than fighting with guns various" Laguna "appeared, rampage rocket launcher and machine gun", "usually has picked up a machine gun, the other in rapid-fire overwhelming! Ue shoot while moving, which increases the number of fire and press and hold the button, "" Super Special Moves to use against burn all firearms, "he said. In addition, DdFF in "World Map" is being added as new.

Splintered

unsavory tart
<3333333333

I know I was kind of hoping for Seifer because we needed more chaos characters, but I like Laguna tons more. He's such a fantastic loser. I guess this means we probably aren't going to get any new chaos members, they're just not going to focus on them this time around.

By the way...

is that an overview map? That looks like it's selectable (with Kain, Lightning, and Tifa icons)

Ho shit.

Rinoa and Seifer fans are going to be pissed.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I'd thank that more than once if I could. Laguna was my favourite part of VIII, and I was hoping for a gunner in Dissidia. I think it's a really... weird choice, but I'm happy nonetheless.

I knew they weren't focusing on the Chaos-Cosmos balance this time around, but I didn't think it'd be this one-sided. So long as they don't pick some random Chaos warrior to balance things out, I'll be fine.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Laguna....meh, don't care for him either way. They could have picked much worse from FF8 (Rinoa, Zell)....then again, could have picked much better (Edea, Seifer). But hey, he's a gunner, fun! IIRC we wanted a gunner didn't we? I'm sure we were hoping for Balthier or Vincent over Laguna, but he'll do.

Xpelair

Pro Adventurer
Slightly disappointed they picked Laguna over someone like Seifer... He would have been pretty kick-arse.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
From FF-Reunion.com

Scan from Weekly Shonen Jump.

(I'm using google translate until one of our translators can do it proper.)

Jump on sale next week, "DISSIDIA duodecim [012] FINAL FANTASY" the new information? FF8 from how "Laguna Reuaru" war is decided! From the description below "FF8 war hero who Have another than fighting with guns various" Laguna "appeared, rampage rocket launcher and machine gun", "usually has picked up a machine gun, the other in rapid-fire overwhelming! Ue shoot while moving, which increases the number of fire and press and hold the button, "" Super Special Moves to use against burn all firearms, "he said. In addition, DdFF in "World Map" is being added as new.

Right. S-E is reading my mind. Noted. Different EX mode than I thought, but it's still Laguna

Addendum: HA! It's the FF1 worldmap!
WorldMap1.png

Last edited:

Splintered

unsavory tart
If they really include working overworld maps, it will be my favorite addition to this game. Tifa+Lightning+Laguna+overworld map. Fuck it just take my money.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I know I said this many times and many people told me it's a stupid way of thinking, but the fact that it's a prequel pisses me off so much, basically because everything else is looking VERY VERY good!!

Honestly, the fact that they're going to mess up FF1's story much more than they did in Dissidia 1 is partially worrying, but I love it!

What will be the explanation of FF1's worldmap being there?

Splintered

unsavory tart
Wasn't the ending of the first dissidia the beginning of the first FF? It sounds like Dissidia and FFI are pretty much linked now, so it would make sense.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
This is such good news. I'm at the highest point in being stoked about this game that I have yet reached.

Laguna....meh, don't care for him either way. They could have picked much worse from FF8 (Rinoa, Zell)....then again, could have picked much better (Edea, Seifer).

I can see the potential for Seifer, but what would you do with Edea?

Drake said:
But hey, he's a gunner, fun! IIRC we wanted a gunner didn't we?

Yes!

Drake said:
I'm sure we were hoping for Balthier or Vincent over Laguna ...

No! Not Vincent anyway. He's had enough screentime, and FFVII has had a disproportional amount of wank for it already.

Before we got the announcement about Vaan, I was expecting Balthier, but Vaan sounds like he's going to shape up to be pretty kick ass anyway. Between the remaining choices of Yuna, Sazh and Laguna, I'd have picked Laguna first and expected the developers to pick him last.

Dude has literally gotten no attention ever since he was in FFVIII, and I think he'd fit this setting better than the other two. Besides, I don't really know what you'd do with Sazh in Dissidia's story, and given the battle mechanic from FFXIII and how that was already incorporated into Lightning's fighting style, it seems like there would have inevitably needed to be overlap between the two of them if he were included.

I know I said this many times and many people told me it's a stupid way of thinking, but the fact that it's a prequel pisses me off so much, basically because everything else is looking VERY VERY good!!

Why does it bother you that it's a prequel?

Alex Strife said:
Honestly, the fact that they're going to mess up FF1's story much more than they did in Dissidia 1 is partially worrying, but I love it!

How do you feel they messed up FFI's story before? It was so underdeveloped before that literally anything added could only improve it, in my opinion.

Alex Strife said:
What will be the explanation of FF1's worldmap being there?

FFI's world is where the war of Dissidia takes place.

Yonathin

The End
AKA
Yonathin3155, Ultros, Ultros3155, CECIL3155
Laguna, eh? He's pretty cool. But I was hoping for another Chaos warrior. Or at least another female. Eh, whatever. Laguna's cool.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I can see the potential for Seifer, but what would you do with Edea?
Quiet! Look at how fantastic this woman is!

Edea.jpg

Granted, that's Ultimecia walking in Edea skin, but still. Bam.

I hope they at least include an Edea costume for Ultimecia. I loved Edea.
Between the remaining choices of Yuna, Sazh and Laguna, I'd have picked Laguna first and expected the developers to pick him last.
I still think they are going to pick Yuna, but Sazh is my favorite of them. But I see Laguna fitting in better since he was technically the main character in at least the sub plot.

But if they had Sazh as a character, they would have used the chocobo as one of his moves. :sadpanda:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The only advantage to Vincent would be that, if they stuck with the theme, he'd have to have his original pistol :monster:

But yeah, I don't want him and never even expected him. As for the other potential gunner characters, Balthier, Sazh, Yuna, or Laguna well...nixxing Yuna that's actually a pretty hard choice. Balthier, Sazh, and Laguna are all pretty awesome. But I'm happy with Laguna :P

Maybe this time Laguna will actually tell
Squall that he is his father. Or is this connection just a rumor?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
The only advantage to Vincent would be that, if they stuck with the theme, he'd have to have his original pistol :monster:

But yeah, I don't want him and never even expected him. As for the other potential gunner characters, Balthier, Sazh, Yuna, or Laguna well...nixxing Yuna that's actually a pretty hard choice. Balthier, Sazh, and Laguna are all pretty awesome. But I'm happy with Laguna :P

The correct choice is Mustadio.
You also missed Irvine. But no one holds that against you.
But you did miss Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon Cid (one of them, at least) which they should.

Maybe this time Laguna will actually tell
Squall that he is his father. Or is this connection just a rumor?

It's not a rumor. He is.

Things not fit for a public forum.

You couldn't do it anyways. The turkey would break apart first.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Meh. I would have preferred Seifer, but Laguna's cool too. I bet there'll be a fun dynamic between him & Squall.

This is such good news. I'm at the highest point in being stoked about this game that I have yet reached.

Seriously. I can't even take it anymore.

Ariadne said:
No! Not Vincent anyway. He's had enough screentime, and FFVII has had a disproportional amount of wank for it already.

Agree. I got Tifa. Everyone else can fuck off. I would like to see Yuna. The only way she would fit in this game is as a gunner, but I worry that goes against the theme of no sequel stuff. Not that I care, but it might make developers do something stupid.

Sazh would be an odd fit in, imo. I like him, but I can't picture him in this game. At least atm.

There are an awful lot of Cosmos characters. How the fuck do they lose?? We need moar Chaos folks.

Overworld map? Party choices? I am like.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The correct choice is Mustadio.
You also missed Irvine. But no one holds that against you.

You're absolutely right about Mustadio, I'll take him over Laguna :P

Tactics characters would look a bit off, what with them lacking noses and all :)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Technically, Barret would also be an option along with Irvine, but I wouldn't have seen either as likely for consideration (Vincent is the more prominent FFVII gunner, and Zidane's personality is already similar enough to Irvine's). And like Tifabelle said, we got Tifa, so now it's time for FFVII to fuck off.

I really would like to have seen Tactics get some face time in Dissidia, but it's not surprising that it won't. Characters from XII are as close as I expected it to ever get. Mustadio would have been the best choice, filling the game's much needed role of a gunner (Lightning so does not count), and we have enough swordsmen as it is, I think.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
You're having an awfully strong reaction to the mention of FFVII characters considering no one even expressed an interest in any :P

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Someone mentioned Vincent as an option for gunner.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Drake mentioned him as one of the available characters that is a gunner (and a character he happens to like better than Laguna), not that he wanted him.

Top Bottom